RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Pipsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Age: 29
Posts: 1,235
                     
Smile RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Perhaps a "strong era" is finally on its way

I support Andy Murray!

Born to be the fourth best player in the world!


Statistics I maintain on MTF
Bagels Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame (Updated 06/12/2015)
Cumulative Weeks in Top 10 [Active Players] (Updated 20/11/2016)
Sets and Games Required To Win Each Grand Slam [Open Era]
Grand Slam Wooden Spoon Winners
Pipsy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Not playing juniors anymore, out playing Futures events earning points.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered User
 
TennisOnWood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,021
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Don't care about that.. I would love to see some players born after 1993. just like in AO

HIC IACET ARTHURUS REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS — "Here lies Arthur, the once and future king."
TennisOnWood is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,515
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Only 1 seed in the QF/SF.
Audacity is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Registered User
 
TennisOnWood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,021
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Not playing juniors anymore, out playing Futures events earning points.
Only two players born in 1993. won Futures titles so far this year.. and they are (or will be) fuckin 18

HIC IACET ARTHURUS REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS — "Here lies Arthur, the once and future king."
TennisOnWood is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Registered User
 
Garson007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stellenbosch
Age: 29
Posts: 3,958
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Surprised a South African even got direct acceptance into this and he's only 15.

Of course he lost first round against a qualifying quarter-finalists, still good though. Has potential.
Garson007 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal_Power View Post
Only two players born in 1993. won Futures titles so far this year.. and they are (or will be) fuckin 18
Many don't bother with last year juniors, they're out there on tour already.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered User
 
TennisOnWood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,021
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Many don't bother with last year juniors, they're out there on tour already.
Vesely and Carballes-Baena are still Juniors

I'm following every young player (born in 1991 or after) in every Futures, Challenger or on Tour so we will see the full picture at the end of the year

HIC IACET ARTHURUS REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS — "Here lies Arthur, the once and future king."
TennisOnWood is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:49 PM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 7,415
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
Surprised a South African even got direct acceptance into this and he's only 15.

Of course he lost first round against a qualifying quarter-finalists, still good though. Has potential.
Yes, young Wayne is looking good. Tomic made the 2nd round of RG juniors as a 14 year old. In that 2nd round loss he got fined for lack of effort by the ITF and had his funding temporarily withdrawn by tennis Australia.

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think Kokkinakis will be the most successful player born in the 90s.
n8 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered User
 
ApproachShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,542
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
Yes, young Wayne is looking good. Tomic made the 2nd round of RG juniors as a 14 year old. In that 2nd round loss he got fined for lack of effort by the ITF and had his funding temporarily withdrawn by tennis Australia.
Wow, fined for lack of effort at the age of 14! What is your assessment of Tomic now?
ApproachShot is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:58 PM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 7,415
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApproachShot View Post
Wow, fined for lack of effort at the age of 14! What is your assessment of Tomic now?
Repeated indiscretions result in my loss of patience. An article I wrote in March demonstrates this: http://www.thebigtip.com.au/tennis/c...ditches-dallas

I want so bad to like him, but he is making it very difficult!

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think Kokkinakis will be the most successful player born in the 90s.
n8 is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 PM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 7,415
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacity View Post
Only 1 seed in the QF/SF.
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/sc.../bs/index.html The 14th seed is in the semis. The 4th seed got thrashed by American(!) Bjorn Fratangelo in the quarters.

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think Kokkinakis will be the most successful player born in the 90s.
n8 is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Registered User
 
ApproachShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,542
                     
Re: RG Boys' Singles - No Top 8 Seeds in Semi-Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
Repeated indiscretions result in my loss of patience. An article I wrote in March demonstrates this: http://www.thebigtip.com.au/tennis/c...ditches-dallas

I want so bad to like him, but he is making it very difficult!
Thanks again for another insightful article

Yes, it is difficult to warm to him because of incidents like these. It is a shame as he has a lot of natural talent and could have gone far in his career. Of course he can still do so if everything clicks for him. I am hoping for a Federer-esque turning point for him...it is still not too late (although in Federer's case his parents were much more supportive than being a potential hindrance).
ApproachShot is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome