Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing (CAS confirm ban) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Registered User
 
straitup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 8,877
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

MTF is going to miss Crazy Dani
straitup is offline  
post #62 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
country flag SVK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 3,785
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

There is no doubt he did it but I would like to know how they proved it
SVK is offline  
post #63 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,917
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
He's being picked on. Not saying he didn't do the fixing, which I'm sure he did, but he's being selected out of everyone because he's Koellerer.
For sure. And it's very, very deserved.


January 8th 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Exhorer Semiretirer is back


Tea of truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
It is Fabio's world and we are all just living in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Orka_n is offline  
post #64 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Registered User
 
green25814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 27
Posts: 4,379
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Every single match fixer should instantly receive a lifeban from the sport. Its the worst crime you can commit.

Fuck crazy dani and anyone else who does it.

I love all aspects of TENNIS.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline  
post #65 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth
Age: 27
Posts: 42,985
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Good stuff, philosophicalarf and AJ, ExcaliburII.

I am really not sure what to make of this. Of course IMG runs tennis, why else would they be stationed at Nick's in Bradenton? The fixing is damn near impossible to stop unless they ban more players, and bigger fish.

As for the doping, well, professional athletics will always have doping, the only way to resolve is to actually BAN people, and not just small fries. If the ATP banned a top 50 player for doping, guys would realize "oh shit, we really can't do this".

The fixing thing is difficult to legislate unless the ATP willingly gets together with all of the various betting agencies and intelligently prevents it. Once I am a top player, I will bring more attention to it mainstream.

I will advocate hiring MTF posters into the anti-fixing crew.
Truthseeker likes this.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #66 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Good stuff, philosophicalarf and AJ, ExcaliburII.

I am really not sure what to make of this. Of course IMG runs tennis, why else would they be stationed at Nick's in Bradenton? The fixing is damn near impossible to stop unless they ban more players, and bigger fish.

As for the doping, well, professional athletics will always have doping, the only way to resolve is to actually BAN people, and not just small fries. If the ATP banned a top 50 player for doping, guys would realize "oh shit, we really can't do this".

The fixing thing is difficult to legislate unless the ATP willingly gets together with all of the various betting agencies and intelligently prevents it. Once I am a top player, I will bring more attention to it mainstream.

I will advocate hiring MTF posters into the anti-fixing crew.
Got to be practical about this. It looks good for the ATP, they have caught someone. What you have here with most people knowing it's smoke and mirrors compared to the reality. For them to catch the big fish it would implicate some others, they don't have the balls to it.

Not like people saying Koellerer is innocent.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #67 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
For sure. And it's very, very deserved.
It's also inconsistent and contrived.
Filo V. is offline  
post #68 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered User
 
fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: germany
Age: 32
Posts: 2,140
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
Which matches did he fix? Anyone remembers?
his manager just gave an interview. apparently only one of the three suspicious matches was played by koellerer himself. the other two matches he was supposed to "influence" the respective players to lose

if this is true, ATP has to find these players as well, otherwise it is a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
Monaco decided to stop playing tennis for real and dedicate to other things, like going on tv, twitter, and posing nude.
fabolous is offline  
post #69 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Registered User
 
Mungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,648
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Good for Dani. Now he's free to bet and win from his couch. Scary gambler.
Mungo is offline  
post #70 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:45 PM
country flag SVK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 3,785
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Big fish... I don´t think when ATP will ban someone higher ranked or someone who does it XY years that others will stop. They should simply ban all fixers (I don´t think that´s possible). Do you think when ATP will begin with higher rakned players istead of lower ranked that the others will stop? I don´t think so.
SVK is offline  
post #71 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:46 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth
Age: 27
Posts: 42,985
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Got to be practical about this. It looks good for the ATP, they have caught someone. What you have here with most people knowing it's smoke and mirrors compared to the reality. For them to catch the big fish it would implicate some others, they don't have the balls to it.

Not like people saying Koellerer is innocent.
The problem lies with the ATP. Like you said, they have no balls. They'd rather give a life ban to a small fish like Crazy Dani and make it appear as if they are doing something while the problem still runs rampant instead of taking a hard stance, suspending the big fish, and truly making a difference.

The ATP

Balless mugs, the lot of them.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #72 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered User
 
straitup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 8,877
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Maybe this is just a way to ban him from the tour since he is quite the wacko. But part of it is playing the system right - something he did not do. If he wasn't such a bad person on court (I do think he was entertaining but that's a different story), he wouldn't have gotten attention as easily and would have been able to hide it easier.

But yes they are being inconsistent when they definitely shouldn't be...just easier to ban a guy who has brought attention to them, something that is still Koellerer's fault
straitup is offline  
post #73 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth
Age: 27
Posts: 42,985
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK View Post
Big fish... I don´t think when ATP will ban someone higher ranked or someone who does it XY years that others will stop. They should simply ban all fixers (I don´t think that´s possible). Do you think when ATP will begin with higher rakned players istead of lower ranked that the others will stop? I don´t think so.
I think so. If they suspend a top player for fixing, it will truly send a message.

The real thing to do is the ATP to create a liason with the gambling sites and legal authorities and really get this shit eradicated from the game.

That, or increase the prize money in challengers.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #74 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:52 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
KaiserT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 3,051
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabolous View Post
his manager just gave an interview. apparently only one of the three suspicious matches was played by koellerer himself. the other two matches he was supposed to "influence" the respective players to lose

if this is true, ATP has to find these players as well, otherwise it is a joke!
This gives a clue as to how he was found guilty.

Maybe he was reported by other players?
KaiserT is offline  
post #75 of 346 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 27
Posts: 19,964
                     
Re: Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing

Disgusting, he only gets picked out because of his behavior on the court.

I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome