Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hong Kong SAR, China
Re: + 40-match winning streak, which one the most impressive?
Anyway, Djoker's 39-winning streak is more impressive than
- Borg 49 in season 1979-90 (no GS, but w/ 2 walk over) *
- Vilas in season 1977 (w/ US Open, all N. American win w/ 5 N. American titles, but all on clay)
- Lendl 44 in season 1981-1982 (no GS)
- McEnroe 42 in season 1983-1984, actually all in 1984 (w/ YEC, but no GS, only RG runners-up)
can be compared w/ FED 06-07, why?
8 titles including
- Davis Cup 2010, first ever for Serbia
- With Grand Slam (AO)
- Hardcourt + Clay (before Roland Garros)
- Win titles in continents (Dubai for Asia, AO for Australia, IW/Miami for America, Belgrade/Madrid/Rome for Europe)
- Win all first 5 mandatory tournament, first ever man to do so. (AO + IW/Miami/Madrid/Rome, Monte Carlos in not mandatory tournament and ranking point counted in ATP 500 series.)
* - some Borg claim that Borg lost to Vilas in 1980 National Cup is not ATP Tour, but according to ATP official site, National Cup = World Team Cup.