Music during a tennis match? - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 42,266
                     
Music during a tennis match?

We've all heard music being played during the changeovers in matches, but sometimes when training, someone turns on a stereo and starts blasting some good tunes, I feel as if I am more intense and the match becomes more fun with a soundtrack.

Would this work on ATP events? Or would the crowds not like the music the players request?

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered User
 
v-money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,655
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove Dude View Post
We've all heard music being played during the changeovers in matches, but sometimes when training, someone turns on a stereo and starts blasting some good tunes, I feel as if I am more intense and the match becomes more fun with a soundtrack.

Would this work on ATP events? Or would the crowds not like the music the players request?
Do you mean during the matchplay, not just on changeovers? If that's what you mean, it could be pretty strange. What if you're opponent is not happy with your music? Or would the server get to choose the song being played?
v-money is offline  
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 42,266
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-money View Post
Do you mean during the matchplay, not just on changeovers? If that's what you mean, it could be pretty strange. What if you're opponent is not happy with your music? Or would the server get to choose the song being played?
I'm thinking the players give a list of their preferred songs to be played during their service games to the DJ before the match.

I just hope that the crowds enjoy the music.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered User
 
v-money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,655
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove Dude View Post
I'm thinking the players give a list of their preferred songs to be played during their service games to the DJ before the match.

I just hope that the crowds enjoy the music.
I really don't think any sport has music playing continuously during the event. Even in basketball or baseball, when they play music it is when play is stopped (pretty much all the time in the case of baseball). This seems impractical and silly and now I don't even know if you were joking when you posted this.
v-money is offline  
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Change of ends it's fine, not during play.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered User
 
bleu_cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 1,101
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Haha, that would be funny, playing Chopin or something to throw your opponent off. It's a bad idea, but fun to think about.

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Gasquet-Gulbis-Cilic-Dolgopolov-Stebe-Glasspool
Haase-Del Potro-Wawrinka-Kavcic-Giraldo-Berankis
bleu_cheese is offline  
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Registered User
 
zerocool_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,442
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxDiKSHqBIc

And what is someone request this?
zerocool_ is offline  
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

During play...

What a preposterous idea.
GlennMirnyi is offline  
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Umm no.

Or why don't we just change the name to "dance party, now with a bit of added tennis."
scoobs is offline  
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Umm no.

Or why don't we just change the name to "dance party, now with a bit of added tennis."
Party tennis.
GlennMirnyi is offline  
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Registered User
 
Henry Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,751
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Tennis players have unbelievably shit taste in music.

It would be wall to wall U2 and Coldplay.

Music at change of ends is bad enough. During rallies, well I'd never watch tennis ever again.
Henry Chinaski is offline  
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,524
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Mjau! is offline  
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered User
 
out_here_grindin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cedar City,Utah
Posts: 12,070
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-money View Post
I really don't think any sport has music playing continuously during the event. Even in basketball or baseball, when they play music it is when play is stopped (pretty much all the time in the case of baseball). This seems impractical and silly and now I don't even know if you were joking when you posted this.
Thy play music during play in the NBA.

This could lead to some serious strategy. Some players would start practicing to classical piano and play great meanwhile putting the opponent to sleep. They would hire scouts to scout songs that the upcoming opponent really can't stand and put those on the play list.

Paradorn Srichaphan
Kei Nishikori, Donald Young, Somdev Devvarman, Dustin Brown, Steve Johnson, Yannick Maden
Robert Farah, Clement Reix, Alexander Dolgopolov, Nathan Thompson


Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline  
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Registered User
 
dombrfc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 4,216
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Clown

A rats
dombrfc is offline  
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Planet Djokovic
Posts: 4,629
                     
Re: Music during a tennis match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Tennis players have unbelievably shit taste in music.

It would be wall to wall U2 and Coldplay.

Music at change of ends is bad enough. During rallies, well I'd never watch tennis ever again.
disagreed some of my faves like Roger and Dimitrov etc are all pretty astute when it comes to music.

As for the idea...NO
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome