WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: Toad or Prince Charming?
Robin in 2 - Guillotine. 20 42.55%
Robin in 3 - Power edges looks. 11 23.40%
Radek in 2 - The sexiness too distracting. 11 23.40%
Radek in 3 - Such a tease he is. 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,908
                     
WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

Both have been playing well, but I can't really see Radek "the Beast" Stepanek taking this one. Soderling hasn't been broken once in this tourney so far and seems solid as a rock.

Robin in 2.

Tea of truth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Nadaltards in 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nadal is by far the most naturally talented player of all time and that is the reason his stay at the top is a lot longer than players like Federer etc were able to do.
Orka_n is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Registered User
 
straitup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 8,877
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

Robin's looked good so far...he wins in straights
straitup is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 05:38 AM
Registered User
 
jeremda01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Aussie Aussie Aussie
Posts: 1,020
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

robin.....just too good for radek...

robin has been playing at a good level in this tournament, wouldn't be surprised if he meets roddick in the final too.
jeremda01 is offline  
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Registered User
 
henke007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,427
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

Robin must win this in str8s if he serves as he has and plays solid.

henke007 is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Registered User
 
born_on_clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,691
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

Toad in 3

Rafael Nadal
CAREER GOLDEN GRAND SLAM
♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔
66 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 739 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered User
 
ossie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 6,437
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

flukerling in 3
ossie is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Registered User
 
illepingis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 162
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

How can you say that you think robin will win this in two berrer plays a aggressive game just like radek and he pushed robin to 4 and 6 definetly stepanek in 2

Taylor Dent


Tomas and Jonas we miss you

Serve and volley


http://www.vamosrafa.se/
Tennis tipping

Ranking 221
Good results Singles : W Sao Paulo Ch 2011 SF Vancouver Ch 2009
Doubles: Qf Vancouver 2009
illepingis is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,908
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by illepingis View Post
How can you say that you think robin will win this in two berrer plays a aggressive game just like radek and he pushed robin to 4 and 6 definetly stepanek in 2
Some strange logic right here.

Tea of truth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Nadaltards in 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nadal is by far the most naturally talented player of all time and that is the reason his stay at the top is a lot longer than players like Federer etc were able to do.
Orka_n is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Registered User
 
vn01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Smolyan, BULGARIA
Age: 21
Posts: 5,783
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

Soderling in 3.

Grigor Dimitrov | Rafael Nadal | Juan Martin del Potro | Andy Murray
vn01 is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Registered User
 
finishingmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 23,160
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

Sodders in 3

Sexyneck takes the sunday off
finishingmove is offline  
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,747
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

Awesome matchup here. Both playing at a massive level. Good test for Soda here, Steps has got the cat & mouse game to really cause problems. Wouldn't be surprised if either won.
rhinooooo is offline  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,826
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

I wouldn't say Robin is playing on a massive level, he's serving well and that's why he's looking solid. Was not impressed by his play against Ebden at all. Should be enough to beat Radek nontheless.
Jomp1 is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered User
 
Seingeist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Age: 31
Posts: 2,989
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

It's going to be a little bit sad watching his Bounding Royal Sexiness get pummeled mercilessly off the court by Soder-demon, but alas, so it shall be. Straight sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
God will spit in your face before sending you to hell.
Seingeist is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

Sexy will at least make this close.
GlennMirnyi is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered User
 
theKSHE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,276
                     
Re: WWW Brisbane SF: Toad [1] vs Sexy

Soderling in 2 but they will play 1 tie-break at least.
theKSHE is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome