Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Which version of Nole played the higher level of tennis?
2007 AO Nole 2 5.41%
2008 AO Nole 26 70.27%
They were about the same, it was the level of Fed that determined the final scores. 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,501
                     
Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Not many people actually remember that a year prior to Novak downing Federer in straight sets at the 2008 Australian Open, Federer did the same to Djokovic in the round of 16 match in Melbourne.

Here are the highlights from both matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OwgGiWeMfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNlyrcsUDBw

I was pleasantly suprised watching the highlights of the 07 match that the quality of that match was actually very high. Federer played pretty much the best tennis of his career in that tournament, and Djokovic played to a high level too, stealing some breaks and even though he was soundly defeated, there were chances here or there for sets 2 and 3 to have been at least level heading to a tiebreak.

I guess the point of this thread is to ask, which version of Nole was better?

Theres no way of knowing how off Fed was in 2008, but the 2007 Fed was certainly a gear up on him. All I notice from the 2008 Video is that Federer was sweating a lot more than he does even in day matches, in a night Semi final. How much the mono effected him is totally unknown. He still had his speed, Nole was very clutch on break points and that. Fed choked a break in the first. A couple of 30-40s where Fed made some bad unforced errors basically cost him sets 2 and 3.

So yeah, do you think 2007 Nole could have taken 2008 "Mono Fed"?

What was the difference in 12 months for Nole? Making the slam final at the US Open gave him huge confidence, but 2007 was a great year for him anyway, making his maiden semi at Wimbledon. 2007 AO Nole must have still been a very complete player.

I get sad watching those videos, because even the quality of tennis from Mono Fed is still higher than anything in most of the 2010 slams, specially the US Open.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the difference in the 2 matches?

The level Federer was on was just so much higher in 2007 AO. Nole still aquitted himself well there. It may be possible he played as good as or even better than the 2008 version of himself, because Federer was a different entitiy at that time. I think in the 2008 match Federer ran out of puff on the key break points and came up with shanks.

Discuss. Would have been an interesting draw in 2007 AO if Nole had been on the other side and played Nadal or Gonzalez or Murray or whoever earlier on.

"I did not play my best tennis, no? And..that is what enable him to win..to win this match no? "

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.


Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Planet Djokovic
Posts: 4,629
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

The difference was that Federer was not physically fit at the AO 2008.
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,501
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
The difference was that Federer was not physically fit at the AO 2008.
Thats going too far.

He had an epic 5 setter with Wanko Tipsarabitch in the 3rd round, then a good straight sets win over an in form Byrditch, a rout of an in form Blake (yes James Blake was in form), nothing was even bandied about regarding the mononucleosis until after that tournament. The match with Tipsaravic had four very long sets and one rout 6-1 by Fed. It was a long night match that set the schedule back, he backed up to play a day match against Birdytch for a straight set win.

Clearly he was affected in that semi after a grueling 2 weeks. But it was only minor, but it was enough to give Djokovic another edge, not that he needed it, showing he could stand toe to toe with Fed in the 2007 USO final. Tennis is a game of the top 2 inches, and when you lose those, the players behind the best can take advantage.

But don't say Fed wasn't physically fit. I dont buy it when Rafatards use it as an excuse for the 2009 USO semi demolition by Del Pot Smoke, so I dont accept it here.

He backed up just fine from the epic 10-8 5th set win over Tipsarevic to return to normal. He can't have been that bad.

But highlights of the 2008 Semi do show him breathing harder than normal and sweating a lot more. Residual effects i'd say.

"I did not play my best tennis, no? And..that is what enable him to win..to win this match no? "

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.


Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline  
 
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 09:32 AM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Clearly 2008 Novak..

In 2007, Djokovic was still trying to mature mentally, and he finally got over that hurdle during Indian Wells/Miami. He may have hit the ball just as hard in both years, but after that 2007 Australian Open, he was obviously getting stronger and stronger mentally. I mean look at the huge mental difference between the US Open final between those two and then 5 months later when Novak beat Roger.

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Registered User
 
Vida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,582
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

completely off with the poll. djoko matured in 07, there is a big difference between ao 07 and ao 08.

there would be more sense to ask which was better - uso 07 or ao 08.

reliability...
Vida is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:10 AM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,211
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

The difference was the mono, though Novak was good enough to take at least a set against a fit Fed, he still wouldn't have won.

However he outplayed him at the recent USO match, though he was always going to have to wait till Fed's at stairlift age.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Planet Djokovic
Posts: 4,629
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida View Post
completely off with the poll. djoko matured in 07, there is a big difference between ao 07 and ao 08.

there would be more sense to ask which was better - uso 07 or ao 08.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
Thats going too far.

He had an epic 5 setter with Wanko Tipsarabitch in the 3rd round, then a good straight sets win over an in form Byrditch, a rout of an in form Blake (yes James Blake was in form), nothing was even bandied about regarding the mononucleosis until after that tournament. The match with Tipsaravic had four very long sets and one rout 6-1 by Fed. It was a long night match that set the schedule back, he backed up to play a day match against Birdytch for a straight set win.

Clearly he was affected in that semi after a grueling 2 weeks. But it was only minor, but it was enough to give Djokovic another edge, not that he needed it, showing he could stand toe to toe with Fed in the 2007 USO final. Tennis is a game of the top 2 inches, and when you lose those, the players behind the best can take advantage.

But don't say Fed wasn't physically fit. I dont buy it when Rafatards use it as an excuse for the 2009 USO semi demolition by Del Pot Smoke, so I dont accept it here.

He backed up just fine from the epic 10-8 5th set win over Tipsarevic to return to normal. He can't have been that bad.

But highlights of the 2008 Semi do show him breathing harder than normal and sweating a lot more. Residual effects i'd say.


No.

He had a severe lack of energy throughout early 2008. He couldnít get out of bed, which causes tiredness and exhausted. This leads too many things such as demonization, where Rog didnít have energy into the game he loves, the tiredness effected him physically he was slower to get to balls, thus causing him to frame more shots. His exhausting physical state also made him tired mentally, it was easier for him to lose hope because he didnít have the energy to think positively and didnít have the mindset to anticipate with success. Because of his lack of sleep and general tiredness his thinking game was off, he no longer had the mentally to think where to place serves and his overall tactics were off which attributes to his demotivation from the hardships he suffered throughout all those painful sleepless nights. His body ached due to the mono, therefore it was painful to manoeuvre around the court, and he couldnít get onto credit position to hit his shots at his highest level, the fact that his body ached also killed hi mentally as he felt as though he wasnít supported by his body to accomplish what he wanted. However he is Roger Federer who has the will of a champion and a will that no mere mortal possesses, he has such desire and respect this achieves what is not physically possible so he pulled through and did as well as he good for his ill state. He is Roger Federer and he has a heart, he has and iron will to do things not humanely possible such is his determination. Although his body was holding him back he tried to fight it in the only way he knew how.

Night sweats, rashes and loss of appetite were also further problems which hampered the ability in which Roger could play problems, he was itchy and uncomfortable which only leads to bad results. Dehydration put his and elsewhere where he felt constantly desperate to consume water or a drink of any kind to feed his demanding body, as well as a lack of food made him hungry and he couldnít move aswel or hit as hard due to his empty stomach this also gave him a worse mindset as it put his amazing mind on other things. Sore throats and swollen glands also punished Roger as he continued to fight his ill body. These painful symptoms, made it hard for Roger to think clearly on court as he constantly had the pain and damage at the back of his mind, and he couldnít focus on the task at hand as a result, this also got to his head in the way that he doubted his abilities because of the way Mono captured him and tortured him. Breathing Problems did indeed hamper Roger, casing a decline in his fitness and ability to train hard..This made him weaker and slower on court giving his opponents a huge advantage out on court, this attributed to his bad mindset where he grew frustrated at the lack of support he received from his body as he felt he was being held back from accomplishing what he wanted and rightly so. Extreme drowsiness made Roger mentally weak as well, his body didnít allow him to create the best results because he move nearly as well as he liked and power was taken off his shots forcing him to lose confidence thus he wasnít as clinical, this evidently gave his opponents more confidence that they could beat Roger. It was like Hyenasí feeding on a sick Lion. However he is Roger Federer and due to his sheer love for the game, rebounded and captured the hearts of many in claiming the Grand slam record and writing himself in history books as the number one player in the world.

In 2007, he moved better and had more confidence in his game as a result of being healthy and having the full support of his body. He was more powerful in his shots as his timing was better, making better contact with the Wilson balls due to his much better movement. This also was why he was much better at the net because of how quick he was around the court and his unbelievable ability to get to everything with astonishing results. In 2008 he relied on his sheer talent alone and didnít feel confident because his body was not in the right place. When he was fit in 2007 he felt invincesible and nothing stood in his way and of course the result flowed. He was much more lethal in 2007 due to how confident he was in his ability and the knowledge that his body was protecting him from harmís way. All his shots had more angle and were deeper and more penetrating thus causing the opponent to be put under much more pressure and making Rog almost Unplayable because there was no way he could be beaten. Roger was so good in 2007 because he trusted himself and due to this immense talent nothing could wrong. In 2008 all is shots were that much shorter and had less angle, he didnít play as tactically as he didnít have the mindset for it as the effects of mono were plaguing him. Djokovic was pretty much the same player, except he was more of a household name by the time 2008 rolled around. Same confidence, same determination, game shots, same tactics etc, Novak may have been slightly more mature in 2008, but thatís all..both times he was the dog and had the determination not seen by him today. If Roger was fit the 20008 result would have gone the same way that their 2007 matches went. Novak took advantage of a sick player, and won his slam. Props to him for that, but it was of course a fluke as faker is still a one slam wonder due to the fact that he hasnít done shit since of any note for an aspiring slam champ except the Us Open final where he rolled over to an easy opponent. Novak didnít beat Roger in 2008; Roger Federerís body beat Roger Federer. It is amazing how he bounced back though and went onto claim 16 slams that is an inspiration to all.
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
The difference was the mono, though Novak was good enough to take at least a set against a fit Fed, he still wouldn't have won.

However he outplayed him at the recent USO match, though he was always going to have to wait till Fed's at stairlift age.
I disagree. Novak was outplaying Federer completely in USO 2007, he just wasn't there mentally and choked badly. He had set points in first 2 sets (including 6-5 40-0 in the first), if he had taken them like he should have, he would have won. AO 2008, he would beat Federer even at 100%, though it would probably go to 5.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 43
Posts: 9,128
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
No.

He had a severe lack of energy throughout early 2008. He couldnít get out of bed, which causes tiredness and exhausted. This leads too many things such as demonization, where Rog didnít have energy into the game he loves, the tiredness effected him physically he was slower to get to balls, thus causing him to frame more shots. His exhausting physical state also made him tired mentally, it was easier for him to lose hope because he didnít have the energy to think positively and didnít have the mindset to anticipate with success. Because of his lack of sleep and general tiredness his thinking game was off, he no longer had the mentally to think where to place serves and his overall tactics were off which attributes to his demotivation from the hardships he suffered throughout all those painful sleepless nights. His body ached due to the mono, therefore it was painful to manoeuvre around the court, and he couldnít get onto credit position to hit his shots at his highest level, the fact that his body ached also killed hi mentally as he felt as though he wasnít supported by his body to accomplish what he wanted. However he is Roger Federer who has the will of a champion and a will that no mere mortal possesses, he has such desire and respect this achieves what is not physically possible so he pulled through and did as well as he good for his ill state. He is Roger Federer and he has a heart, he has and iron will to do things not humanely possible such is his determination. Although his body was holding him back he tried to fight it in the only way he knew how.

Night sweats, rashes and loss of appetite were also further problems which hampered the ability in which Roger could play problems, he was itchy and uncomfortable which only leads to bad results. Dehydration put his and elsewhere where he felt constantly desperate to consume water or a drink of any kind to feed his demanding body, as well as a lack of food made him hungry and he couldnít move aswel or hit as hard due to his empty stomach this also gave him a worse mindset as it put his amazing mind on other things. Sore throats and swollen glands also punished Roger as he continued to fight his ill body. These painful symptoms, made it hard for Roger to think clearly on court as he constantly had the pain and damage at the back of his mind, and he couldnít focus on the task at hand as a result, this also got to his head in the way that he doubted his abilities because of the way Mono captured him and tortured him. Breathing Problems did indeed hamper Roger, casing a decline in his fitness and ability to train hard..This made him weaker and slower on court giving his opponents a huge advantage out on court, this attributed to his bad mindset where he grew frustrated at the lack of support he received from his body as he felt he was being held back from accomplishing what he wanted and rightly so. Extreme drowsiness made Roger mentally weak as well, his body didnít allow him to create the best results because he move nearly as well as he liked and power was taken off his shots forcing him to lose confidence thus he wasnít as clinical, this evidently gave his opponents more confidence that they could beat Roger. It was like Hyenasí feeding on a sick Lion. However he is Roger Federer and due to his sheer love for the game, rebounded and captured the hearts of many in claiming the Grand slam record and writing himself in history books as the number one player in the world.

In 2007, he moved better and had more confidence in his game as a result of being healthy and having the full support of his body. He was more powerful in his shots as his timing was better, making better contact with the Wilson balls due to his much better movement. This also was why he was much better at the net because of how quick he was around the court and his unbelievable ability to get to everything with astonishing results. In 2008 he relied on his sheer talent alone and didnít feel confident because his body was not in the right place. When he was fit in 2007 he felt invincesible and nothing stood in his way and of course the result flowed. He was much more lethal in 2007 due to how confident he was in his ability and the knowledge that his body was protecting him from harmís way. All his shots had more angle and were deeper and more penetrating thus causing the opponent to be put under much more pressure and making Rog almost Unplayable because there was no way he could be beaten. Roger was so good in 2007 because he trusted himself and due to this immense talent nothing could wrong. In 2008 all is shots were that much shorter and had less angle, he didnít play as tactically as he didnít have the mindset for it as the effects of mono were plaguing him. Djokovic was pretty much the same player, except he was more of a household name by the time 2008 rolled around. Same confidence, same determination, game shots, same tactics etc, Novak may have been slightly more mature in 2008, but thatís all..both times he was the dog and had the determination not seen by him today. If Roger was fit the 20008 result would have gone the same way that their 2007 matches went. Novak took advantage of a sick player, and won his slam. Props to him for that, but it was of course a fluke as faker is still a one slam wonder due to the fact that he hasnít done shit since of any note for an aspiring slam champ except the Us Open final where he rolled over to an easy opponent. Novak didnít beat Roger in 2008; Roger Federerís body beat Roger Federer. It is amazing how he bounced back though and went onto claim 16 slams that is an inspiration to all.
You're probably right about Federer, but you're wrong about Djokovic. There was a marked improvement in his level of play and results from spring 2007.

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Registered User
 
Vida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,582
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
No.

He had a severe lack of energy throughout early 2008. He couldnít get out of bed, which causes tiredness and exhausted. This leads too many things such as demonization, where Rog didnít have energy into the game he loves, the tiredness effected him physically he was slower to get to balls, thus causing him to frame more shots. His exhausting physical state also made him tired mentally, it was easier for him to lose hope because he didnít have the energy to think positively and didnít have the mindset to anticipate with success. Because of his lack of sleep and general tiredness his thinking game was off, he no longer had the mentally to think where to place serves and his overall tactics were off which attributes to his demotivation from the hardships he suffered throughout all those painful sleepless nights. His body ached due to the mono, therefore it was painful to manoeuvre around the court, and he couldnít get onto credit position to hit his shots at his highest level, the fact that his body ached also killed hi mentally as he felt as though he wasnít supported by his body to accomplish what he wanted. However he is Roger Federer who has the will of a champion and a will that no mere mortal possesses, he has such desire and respect this achieves what is not physically possible so he pulled through and did as well as he good for his ill state. He is Roger Federer and he has a heart, he has and iron will to do things not humanely possible such is his determination. Although his body was holding him back he tried to fight it in the only way he knew how.

Night sweats, rashes and loss of appetite were also further problems which hampered the ability in which Roger could play problems, he was itchy and uncomfortable which only leads to bad results. Dehydration put his and elsewhere where he felt constantly desperate to consume water or a drink of any kind to feed his demanding body, as well as a lack of food made him hungry and he couldnít move aswel or hit as hard due to his empty stomach this also gave him a worse mindset as it put his amazing mind on other things. Sore throats and swollen glands also punished Roger as he continued to fight his ill body. These painful symptoms, made it hard for Roger to think clearly on court as he constantly had the pain and damage at the back of his mind, and he couldnít focus on the task at hand as a result, this also got to his head in the way that he doubted his abilities because of the way Mono captured him and tortured him. Breathing Problems did indeed hamper Roger, casing a decline in his fitness and ability to train hard..This made him weaker and slower on court giving his opponents a huge advantage out on court, this attributed to his bad mindset where he grew frustrated at the lack of support he received from his body as he felt he was being held back from accomplishing what he wanted and rightly so. Extreme drowsiness made Roger mentally weak as well, his body didnít allow him to create the best results because he move nearly as well as he liked and power was taken off his shots forcing him to lose confidence thus he wasnít as clinical, this evidently gave his opponents more confidence that they could beat Roger. It was like Hyenasí feeding on a sick Lion. However he is Roger Federer and due to his sheer love for the game, rebounded and captured the hearts of many in claiming the Grand slam record and writing himself in history books as the number one player in the world.

In 2007, he moved better and had more confidence in his game as a result of being healthy and having the full support of his body. He was more powerful in his shots as his timing was better, making better contact with the Wilson balls due to his much better movement. This also was why he was much better at the net because of how quick he was around the court and his unbelievable ability to get to everything with astonishing results. In 2008 he relied on his sheer talent alone and didnít feel confident because his body was not in the right place. When he was fit in 2007 he felt invincesible and nothing stood in his way and of course the result flowed. He was much more lethal in 2007 due to how confident he was in his ability and the knowledge that his body was protecting him from harmís way. All his shots had more angle and were deeper and more penetrating thus causing the opponent to be put under much more pressure and making Rog almost Unplayable because there was no way he could be beaten. Roger was so good in 2007 because he trusted himself and due to this immense talent nothing could wrong. In 2008 all is shots were that much shorter and had less angle, he didnít play as tactically as he didnít have the mindset for it as the effects of mono were plaguing him. Djokovic was pretty much the same player, except he was more of a household name by the time 2008 rolled around. Same confidence, same determination, game shots, same tactics etc, Novak may have been slightly more mature in 2008, but thatís all..both times he was the dog and had the determination not seen by him today. If Roger was fit the 20008 result would have gone the same way that their 2007 matches went. Novak took advantage of a sick player, and won his slam. Props to him for that, but it was of course a fluke as faker is still a one slam wonder due to the fact that he hasnít done shit since of any note for an aspiring slam champ except the Us Open final where he rolled over to an easy opponent. Novak didnít beat Roger in 2008; Roger Federerís body beat Roger Federer. It is amazing how he bounced back though and went onto claim 16 slams that is an inspiration to all.
he had a bad chicken and shet a river before ao. thats it.

reliability...
Vida is offline  
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Planet Djokovic
Posts: 4,629
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida View Post
he had a bad chicken and shet a river before ao. thats it.
that was another problem, he couldmt play Kooying and get match practice as a result from memory. food poisoning made the mono even worse. It must have been unbearable. Poor guy .

Does anyone remember the Chicken came from?, was it Nobu at the crown?
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline  
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,017
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
No.

He had a severe lack of energy throughout early 2008. He couldnít get out of bed, which causes tiredness and exhausted. This leads too many things such as demonization, where Rog didnít have energy into the game he loves, the tiredness effected him physically he was slower to get to balls, thus causing him to frame more shots. His exhausting physical state also made him tired mentally, it was easier for him to lose hope because he didnít have the energy to think positively and didnít have the mindset to anticipate with success. Because of his lack of sleep and general tiredness his thinking game was off, he no longer had the mentally to think where to place serves and his overall tactics were off which attributes to his demotivation from the hardships he suffered throughout all those painful sleepless nights. His body ached due to the mono, therefore it was painful to manoeuvre around the court, and he couldnít get onto credit position to hit his shots at his highest level, the fact that his body ached also killed hi mentally as he felt as though he wasnít supported by his body to accomplish what he wanted. However he is Roger Federer who has the will of a champion and a will that no mere mortal possesses, he has such desire and respect this achieves what is not physically possible so he pulled through and did as well as he good for his ill state. He is Roger Federer and he has a heart, he has and iron will to do things not humanely possible such is his determination. Although his body was holding him back he tried to fight it in the only way he knew how.

Night sweats, rashes and loss of appetite were also further problems which hampered the ability in which Roger could play problems, he was itchy and uncomfortable which only leads to bad results. Dehydration put his and elsewhere where he felt constantly desperate to consume water or a drink of any kind to feed his demanding body, as well as a lack of food made him hungry and he couldnít move aswel or hit as hard due to his empty stomach this also gave him a worse mindset as it put his amazing mind on other things. Sore throats and swollen glands also punished Roger as he continued to fight his ill body. These painful symptoms, made it hard for Roger to think clearly on court as he constantly had the pain and damage at the back of his mind, and he couldnít focus on the task at hand as a result, this also got to his head in the way that he doubted his abilities because of the way Mono captured him and tortured him. Breathing Problems did indeed hamper Roger, casing a decline in his fitness and ability to train hard..This made him weaker and slower on court giving his opponents a huge advantage out on court, this attributed to his bad mindset where he grew frustrated at the lack of support he received from his body as he felt he was being held back from accomplishing what he wanted and rightly so. Extreme drowsiness made Roger mentally weak as well, his body didnít allow him to create the best results because he move nearly as well as he liked and power was taken off his shots forcing him to lose confidence thus he wasnít as clinical, this evidently gave his opponents more confidence that they could beat Roger. It was like Hyenasí feeding on a sick Lion. However he is Roger Federer and due to his sheer love for the game, rebounded and captured the hearts of many in claiming the Grand slam record and writing himself in history books as the number one player in the world.

In 2007, he moved better and had more confidence in his game as a result of being healthy and having the full support of his body. He was more powerful in his shots as his timing was better, making better contact with the Wilson balls due to his much better movement. This also was why he was much better at the net because of how quick he was around the court and his unbelievable ability to get to everything with astonishing results. In 2008 he relied on his sheer talent alone and didnít feel confident because his body was not in the right place. When he was fit in 2007 he felt invincesible and nothing stood in his way and of course the result flowed. He was much more lethal in 2007 due to how confident he was in his ability and the knowledge that his body was protecting him from harmís way. All his shots had more angle and were deeper and more penetrating thus causing the opponent to be put under much more pressure and making Rog almost Unplayable because there was no way he could be beaten. Roger was so good in 2007 because he trusted himself and due to this immense talent nothing could wrong. In 2008 all is shots were that much shorter and had less angle, he didnít play as tactically as he didnít have the mindset for it as the effects of mono were plaguing him. Djokovic was pretty much the same player, except he was more of a household name by the time 2008 rolled around. Same confidence, same determination, game shots, same tactics etc, Novak may have been slightly more mature in 2008, but thatís all..both times he was the dog and had the determination not seen by him today. If Roger was fit the 20008 result would have gone the same way that their 2007 matches went. Novak took advantage of a sick player, and won his slam. Props to him for that, but it was of course a fluke as faker is still a one slam wonder due to the fact that he hasnít done shit since of any note for an aspiring slam champ except the Us Open final where he rolled over to an easy opponent. Novak didnít beat Roger in 2008; Roger Federerís body beat Roger Federer. It is amazing how he bounced back though and went onto claim 16 slams that is an inspiration to all.
And you guys complain about Nadal fans.

Priceless.
tribalfusion is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,501
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
No.

He had a severe lack of energy throughout early 2008. He couldnít get out of bed, which causes tiredness and exhausted. This leads too many things such as demonization, where Rog didnít have energy into the game he loves, the tiredness effected him physically he was slower to get to balls, thus causing him to frame more shots. His exhausting physical state also made him tired mentally, it was easier for him to lose hope because he didnít have the energy to think positively and didnít have the mindset to anticipate with success. Because of his lack of sleep and general tiredness his thinking game was off, he no longer had the mentally to think where to place serves and his overall tactics were off which attributes to his demotivation from the hardships he suffered throughout all those painful sleepless nights. His body ached due to the mono, therefore it was painful to manoeuvre around the court, and he couldnít get onto credit position to hit his shots at his highest level, the fact that his body ached also killed hi mentally as he felt as though he wasnít supported by his body to accomplish what he wanted. However he is Roger Federer who has the will of a champion and a will that no mere mortal possesses, he has such desire and respect this achieves what is not physically possible so he pulled through and did as well as he good for his ill state. He is Roger Federer and he has a heart, he has and iron will to do things not humanely possible such is his determination. Although his body was holding him back he tried to fight it in the only way he knew how.

Night sweats, rashes and loss of appetite were also further problems which hampered the ability in which Roger could play problems, he was itchy and uncomfortable which only leads to bad results. Dehydration put his and elsewhere where he felt constantly desperate to consume water or a drink of any kind to feed his demanding body, as well as a lack of food made him hungry and he couldnít move aswel or hit as hard due to his empty stomach this also gave him a worse mindset as it put his amazing mind on other things. Sore throats and swollen glands also punished Roger as he continued to fight his ill body. These painful symptoms, made it hard for Roger to think clearly on court as he constantly had the pain and damage at the back of his mind, and he couldnít focus on the task at hand as a result, this also got to his head in the way that he doubted his abilities because of the way Mono captured him and tortured him. Breathing Problems did indeed hamper Roger, casing a decline in his fitness and ability to train hard..This made him weaker and slower on court giving his opponents a huge advantage out on court, this attributed to his bad mindset where he grew frustrated at the lack of support he received from his body as he felt he was being held back from accomplishing what he wanted and rightly so. Extreme drowsiness made Roger mentally weak as well, his body didnít allow him to create the best results because he move nearly as well as he liked and power was taken off his shots forcing him to lose confidence thus he wasnít as clinical, this evidently gave his opponents more confidence that they could beat Roger. It was like Hyenasí feeding on a sick Lion. However he is Roger Federer and due to his sheer love for the game, rebounded and captured the hearts of many in claiming the Grand slam record and writing himself in history books as the number one player in the world.

In 2007, he moved better and had more confidence in his game as a result of being healthy and having the full support of his body. He was more powerful in his shots as his timing was better, making better contact with the Wilson balls due to his much better movement. This also was why he was much better at the net because of how quick he was around the court and his unbelievable ability to get to everything with astonishing results. In 2008 he relied on his sheer talent alone and didnít feel confident because his body was not in the right place. When he was fit in 2007 he felt invincesible and nothing stood in his way and of course the result flowed. He was much more lethal in 2007 due to how confident he was in his ability and the knowledge that his body was protecting him from harmís way. All his shots had more angle and were deeper and more penetrating thus causing the opponent to be put under much more pressure and making Rog almost Unplayable because there was no way he could be beaten. Roger was so good in 2007 because he trusted himself and due to this immense talent nothing could wrong. In 2008 all is shots were that much shorter and had less angle, he didnít play as tactically as he didnít have the mindset for it as the effects of mono were plaguing him. Djokovic was pretty much the same player, except he was more of a household name by the time 2008 rolled around. Same confidence, same determination, game shots, same tactics etc, Novak may have been slightly more mature in 2008, but thatís all..both times he was the dog and had the determination not seen by him today. If Roger was fit the 20008 result would have gone the same way that their 2007 matches went. Novak took advantage of a sick player, and won his slam. Props to him for that, but it was of course a fluke as faker is still a one slam wonder due to the fact that he hasnít done shit since of any note for an aspiring slam champ except the Us Open final where he rolled over to an easy opponent. Novak didnít beat Roger in 2008; Roger Federerís body beat Roger Federer. It is amazing how he bounced back though and went onto claim 16 slams that is an inspiration to all.
Seconds 5-7 in this video pretty much sum up my response to this Novella.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaZbJ...eature=related

"I did not play my best tennis, no? And..that is what enable him to win..to win this match no? "

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.


Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered User
 
ZaZoo)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,396
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida View Post
completely off with the poll. djoko matured in 07, there is a big difference between ao 07 and ao 08.

there would be more sense to ask which was better - uso 07 or ao 08.
I agree, better question is uso 07 or ao 08.


AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 CHAMPION!

WIMBLEDON 2011,2014 CHAMPION!

US OPEN 2011 CHAMPION!

WTF CHAMPION (2008,2012,2013,2014)
ZaZoo) is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Registered User
 
Vida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,582
                     
Re: Poll: Flashback; 2007 AO Djokovic vs Federer vs 2008 AO Djokovic vs Federer

I hear there is an organization called "the real mono sufferers" heh, these ngo types, they always find something to complain about.

reliability...
Vida is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome