How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year? - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: How do you rate his chances?
He will win one game at best. 14 14.00%
Semi-finalist, not more 37 37.00%
Runner up and that's stretching it. 23 23.00%
Winner, no doubt. 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Speed of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,743
                     
How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

After the utter humiliation last year, do you think he will be pumped up to prove himself this year?. After all it is the only major trophy missing in his cabinet. Will he be fresh enough after the draining year?. Edit: The first poll option should be one match at best.

Last edited by Speed of Light; 11-02-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Speed of Light is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 05:32 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Thermopylae Pass
Posts: 65,983
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

he was coming back from a series of injury related setbacks last year.

do you still have doubts about what he is capable of even after 18 masters shields, #1 rank, and 9 slams on all surfaces?

he doesnt need this chicken shit title in london so i hope and pray that he loses in the quarters or the semis.

enough of this hard court crap already. he is going to destroy his knees again.
Clay Death is offline  
post #3 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 05:38 AM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 40,954
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

He wins Paris and WTF back to back.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #4 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Speed of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,743
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
he was coming back from a series of injury related setbacks last year.

do you still have doubts about what he is capable of even after 18 masters shields, #1 rank, and 9 slams on all surfaces?

he doesnt need this chicken shit title in london so i hope and pray that he loses in the quarters or the semis.

enough of this hard court crap already. he is going to destroy his knees again.
I am not doubting anything. It's just that there are people who claim that he won the USO because of an easy draw. So I want to know what the general consensus is on his chance's here. If he won will people say they expected it or will they be amazed.
Speed of Light is offline  
post #5 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 2,274
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

Depends on his group.

I'll go with he advances to the semis and promptly loses.
Priam is offline  
post #6 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Planet Djokovic
Posts: 4,629
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
he was coming back from a series of injury related setbacks last year.

do you still have doubts about what he is capable of even after 18 masters shields, #1 rank, and 9 slams on all surfaces?

he doesnt need this chicken shit title in london so i hope and pray that he loses in the quarters or the semis.

enough of this hard court crap already. he is going to destroy his knees again.
This is the 5th most important tourney on tour. Just because Nadal grinds himself to the ground and cant hack it, doenst mean its not important. Nadal isnt good enough on the surface period, grinding like a bitch can only get you so far. As i said this is the 5th most important tournye and contains the top 8 players in the world. It should be 5th on Nadals to win list at the start of the year. The thing is Claydeath Nadal wont get a joke draw here (maybe if he gets ferrer and nando) so he will get exposed for the HC fraud he really is. He had been playing for half a year last year when he came to London, injury my fucking ass, he just wasnt good enough and was outplayed in each of his matches in straights by better players.

If he didnt play anti tennis and have such a shit style of play he wouldnt destroy his knees. Anyway his knees are fine.He is a pro athelete and should be able to handle it. No injury excuses from his tards this time that for sure. Maybe if he developed a better style, that is easier on the eye and is actually one of a proper tennis player, he might gain less injuries. But thats never going to happen

He will beat ferrer/nando, lose to Toad and murray and subsequently will be knocked out of the tourney. Its that simple. He isnt good enough on HCs, and cannot keep taking advantage of these cheap draws and off form players. AT the WTF everyone generally is playing well, guys like Djokovic and Soderling etc.

This is beggining of the decline of Rafa Nadal folks. You heard it here first.
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline  
post #7 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

it's indoor right? so he will lose in the final maybe
Ivanatis is offline  
post #8 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Thermopylae Pass
Posts: 65,983
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanatis View Post
it's indoor right? so he will lose in the final maybe
exactly affirmative.

only i hope he loses much sooner.
Clay Death is offline  
post #9 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:22 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Thermopylae Pass
Posts: 65,983
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

beat it 1/2 sack.

if i need an opinion, i will give you a bloody opinion.

go feed your mice 1/2 sack.

and leave the thinking to us.
Clay Death is offline  
post #10 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 734
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

His most difficult will be the semi-final probably.

Suicide Tennis:
Titles: 2010 Kuala Lumpur, 2012 Shanghai Masters.
Ranking: Reached no. 1 for the first time right after 2013 Wimbledon.
Infinity is offline  
post #11 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Registered User
 
brent-o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 976
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

It seems semifinals is his usual result here, so I'll go with that.

I love tennis because of...

Andre Agassi (always #1)---Novak Djokovic ---Rafa Nadal---
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga---Gilles Simon---Tomas Berdych---David Nalbandian---Nico Almagro
brent-o is offline  
post #12 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Planet Djokovic
Posts: 4,629
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
beat it 1/2 sack.

if i need an opinion, i will give you a bloody opinion.

go feed your mice 1/2 sack.

and leave the thinking to us.
yep you havnt got a clue, i thought you didnt resort to insults big boy?, thought you were above that. You cant argue my point therefore you go on one of your juvenile rants again. You made a fucking statement, thinking?, what thinking?, you wrote one stupid statment like 'chicken shit tourney', that imo didnt require much thinking.

Excluding his cakedraw in New York, what excactly has he done on HC's this year and really since the AO2009?. Fuck all thats what he done esp for the supposed number 1 player in the world.
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline  
post #13 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Registered User
 
wildemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 7,664
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

depends if murray plays too much halo reach or not.

Otherwise only federer and novak would stand in nadal's way
wildemu is online now  
post #14 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 2,274
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
This is the 5th most important tourney on tour. Just because Nadal grinds himself to the ground and cant hack it, doenst mean its not important. Nadal isnt good enough on the surface period, grinding like a bitch can only get you so far. As i said this is the 5th most important tournye and contains the top 8 players in the world. It should be 5th on Nadals to win list at the start of the year. The thing is Claydeath Nadal wont get a joke draw here (maybe if he gets ferrer and nando) so he will get exposed for the HC fraud he really is. He had been playing for half a year last year when he came to London, injury my fucking ass, he just wasnt good enough and was outplayed in each of his matches in straights by better players.

If he didnt play anti tennis and have such a shit style of play he wouldnt destroy his knees. Anyway his knees are fine.He is a pro athelete and should be able to handle it. No injury excuses from his tards this time that for sure. Maybe if he developed a better style, that is easier on the eye and is actually one of a proper tennis player, he might gain less injuries. But thats never going to happen

He will beat ferrer/nando, lose to Toad and murray and subsequently will be knocked out of the tourney. Its that simple. He isnt good enough on HCs, and cannot keep taking advantage of these cheap draws and off form players. AT the WTF everyone generally is playing well, guys like Djokovic and Soderling etc.

This is beggining of the decline of Rafa Nadal folks. You heard it here first.
Not enough hate in this post.
Priam is offline  
post #15 of 108 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 07:05 AM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

Will depend on the draw. So far Murray/Djokovic/Soderling are all qualified and they have all given Nadal trouble sometime or another with Djokovic/Soderling actually beating Rafael at last year's event.

If Berdych qualifies, it won't be a worry for Nadal. He was heading to become a Rafakilla years ago, but is piss poor mentally now against him. Not to mention he has been playing terribly after Toronto...

Ferrer would be a bit interesting to watch. We all know his flawless run to the TMC final in 2007 in which he beat Nadal along the way. Yes, Nadal has beaten David the last two times they played on hardcourts, but it will be interesting nonetheless.

A Roddick/Nadal Miami rematch would also be intriguing.

Aside from that, Melzer is pretty much the only player that would be interesting to watch if he were to qualify and draw Nadal. Everyone else doesn't appear to have a chance either to qualify or to beat Nadal regardless.

Oh and finally, seeing a Federer/Nadal match would always be great

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome