I have noticed that the once very prestigious YEC is sadly viewed as being of little more importance than an ordinary TMS event among tennis fans. What can be done to restore some of its lost esteem? These are my thoughts.
* Get rid of the boring and confusing group stage - KO from the get go.
* Make all rounds best of 5 (tiebreak in all sets).
* Invite the top 16 instead of just the top 8 - not enough rounds otherwise.
* Give the winner a ridiculous prize check well in excess of any slam's.
* Do something about the name - 'The ATP World Tour Finals' bl**s.
* Do not move it to a country without a rich tennis tradition ever again.
* Always host it indoors so it stands out among the major tournaments.
* Market it agressively - most casual fans probably don't even know what the ATPWTF is.
Now you may chime in...