So what are the takeaways from this slam in your opinion. Here are mine:
1. Rafa is clearly the best player in the world... for now anyway
2. Novak needs a lot of work to challenge for slams.
3. Murray is overrated and needs to work.
4. Where are the promising generation (gulbis, baghdatis, cilic, young)
5. American tennis is in shambles
6. Andy Roddick may be done as a top 5 guy
7. Commentary is still bad.
8. Coverage was awful
9. Super Saturday is terrible.
10. women still get paid more than men.
11. Delpo was sorely missed.
12. The need for redrawing after each round was evident.
13. Federer is not done but won't dominate. Needs to be more aggressive.
14. Simon Reed was right about Rafa and dead wrong about Murray
15. Haters will hate and will make a fool of themselves (by popular demand