"3-0 or higher?": What is your fav player record? Update 4 Nalby, Lendl, Nole, Agassi - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 02:19 AM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 7,415
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Moya's got 34:

Code:
Fernando Vicente	12		0
Felix Mantilla		9		5
Francisco Clavet	8		1
Alberto Martin		7		1
Bohdan Ulihrach		7		2
David Ferrer		6		2
Dominik Hrbaty		6		1
Marc Rosset		6		1
Sjeng Schalken		6		2
Filippo Volandri	6		2
Agustin Calleri		5		2
Michael Chang		5		0
Arnaud Clement		5		2
Nikolay Davydenko	5		2
Karol Kucera		5		0
Fernando Verdasco	5		1
Mariano Zabaleta	5		2
Julian Alonso		4		0
Albert Costa		4		1
Wayne Ferreira		4		1
Richard Fromberg	4		1
Renzo Furlan		4		0
Jan-Michael Gambill	4		1
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez	4		1
Ivo Karlovic		4		0
Xavier Malisse		4		0
Andrei Pavel		4		1
David Sanchez		4		1
Davide Sanguinetti	4		1
Paradorn Srichaphan	4		0
Marc-Kevin Goellner	3		0
Bjorn Phau		3		0
Christian Ruud		3		0
Javier Sanchez		3		0
Vicente was his only pigeon, a decade of dominance: first match 1996, last match 2005. Only three were straight sets though, set score: Moya 26-9. Moya has a good record against fellow Spaniards (not as good as Nadal of course) at 118-52.

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think Kokkinakis will be the most successful player born in the 90s.
n8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,187
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
Moya's got 34:

Code:
Fernando Vicente	12		0
Felix Mantilla		9		5
Francisco Clavet	8		1
Alberto Martin		7		1
Bohdan Ulihrach		7		2
David Ferrer		6		2
Dominik Hrbaty		6		1
Marc Rosset		6		1
Sjeng Schalken		6		2
Filippo Volandri	6		2
Agustin Calleri		5		2
Michael Chang		5		0
Arnaud Clement		5		2
Nikolay Davydenko	5		2
Karol Kucera		5		0
Fernando Verdasco	5		1
Mariano Zabaleta	5		2
Julian Alonso		4		0
Albert Costa		4		1
Wayne Ferreira		4		1
Richard Fromberg	4		1
Renzo Furlan		4		0
Jan-Michael Gambill	4		1
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez	4		1
Ivo Karlovic		4		0
Xavier Malisse		4		0
Andrei Pavel		4		1
David Sanchez		4		1
Davide Sanguinetti	4		1
Paradorn Srichaphan	4		0
Marc-Kevin Goellner	3		0
Bjorn Phau		3		0
Christian Ruud		3		0
Javier Sanchez		3		0
Vicente was his only pigeon, a decade of dominance: first match 1996, last match 2005. Only three were straight sets though, set score: Moya 26-9. Moya has a good record against fellow Spaniards (not as good as Nadal of course) at 118-52.
12-0 Fernando Vicente
5-2 vs. Davy... Good result
Stephan is offline  
post #18 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,187
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
I like this one for counterbalance:

Agenor vs. Agassi 3-0

1987 Basel - Indoor Hard - SF - Agenor 6-1 6-4
1988 Rome - Clay - QF - Agenor 6-3 6-1
1989 Tokyo - Indoor Carpet - R16 - Agenor 6-0 6-3


hard to explain Maybe Agassi is voodoo-prone?
you could take this one for counterbalance:

Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras 14-20

These two played 34 matches ...
also some kind of record ?
Stephan is offline  
post #19 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 03:32 AM
Registered User
 
Voo de Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: somewhere between Fire and Water
Posts: 20,204
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
you could take this one for counterbalance:

Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras 14-20

These two played 34 matches ...
also some kind of record ?
No, here are Top 5 H2H's in the Open era:

36 – Lendl vs. J.McEnroe (21-15)
35 – Lendl vs. Connors (22-13)
35 – Becker vs. Edberg (25-10)
34 – J.McEnroe vs. Connors (20-14)
34 – Sampras vs. Agassi (20-14)

stroke <- point <- game <- set <- MATCH -> round -> tournament -> season -> career
My favorite stats
Longest matches
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline  
post #20 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,187
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
No, here are Top 5 H2H's in the Open era:

36 – Lendl vs. J.McEnroe (21-15)
35 – Lendl vs. Connors (22-13)
35 – Becker vs. Edberg (25-10)
34 – J.McEnroe vs. Connors (20-14)
34 – Sampras vs. Agassi (20-14)
OK, almost a record (just 2 matches left)
But they continue playing ... in EXPO matches
thanks for nice statistic
Stephan is offline  
post #21 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 03:38 AM
Registered User
 
fran70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 3,015
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

It`s not 3 or higher but I like this one : Lucas Arnold Ker 1 vs 0 Roger Federer


1998 Gstaad
Switzerland Clay R32 Arnold Ker, Lucas
6-4, 6-4 Stats

[B]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline  
post #22 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 04:30 AM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 7,415
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Kafelnikov has 40:
Code:
Daniel Vacek		15		4
Jonas Bjorkman		11		0
Cedric Pioline		11		2
Tim Henman		8		5
Byron Black		7		0
Michael Stich		7		1
Francisco Clavet	7		2
Todd Martin		7		3
Kenneth Carlsen		6		0
Younes El Aynaoui	6		0
Fabrice Santoro		6		0
Chris Woodruff		6		1
Slava Dosedel		6		2
Petr Korda		6		2
Richard Fromberg	5		1
Magnus Norman		5		1
David Prinosil		5		1
Alexander Volkov	5		1
Alex Corretja		5		2
Nicolas Escude		5		2
Marcelo Rios		5		2
Michael Chang		4		0
Marc-Kevin Goellner	4		0
Jakob Hlasek		4		0
Alberto Martin		4		0
Guillaume Raoux		4		0
Andreas Vinciguerra	4		0
Sergi Bruguera		4		1
Guy Forget		4		1
Tommy Haas		4		1
Jiri Novak		4		1
Mikael Tillstrom	4		1
Julien Boutter		3		0
Jacco Eltingh		3		0
Karel Novacek		3		0
Brett Steven		3		0
Vladimir Voltchkov	3		0
MaliVai Washington	3		0
David Wheaton		3		0
It's amazing how many times he played Vacek as Vacek never even made the top 25. 1 in every 21 matches Vacek played on tour was against Kafelnikov. Although not in the list, I would like to make a point of Kafelnikov's record vs Federer. Kafelnikov was 4-2 against Federer (including Davis Cup), the only player apart from Nadal to be 2+ up on Federer with at least 5 matches played. Kafelnikov was perfect against excellent doubles players Bjorkman and Santoro (17-0 in total).

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think Kokkinakis will be the most successful player born in the 90s.
n8 is offline  
post #23 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 04:38 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Vinciguerra 4 Safin 0

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #24 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 06:30 AM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 7,415
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Vinciguerra 4 Safin 0
Good one. I know it doesn't quite qualify for this thread, but I find Haarhuis' 3-1 record vs Sampras quite amusing. Especially because all his wins came in 1995 or 1996 (the middle of Sampras' dominance).

Another interesting 3-1 is Schuettler vs Roddick. They played four matches, Roddick won the first won on clay in 2002 and then Schuettler beat Roddick three times on hard in 2003 including twice in the US!!

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think Kokkinakis will be the most successful player born in the 90s.
n8 is offline  
post #25 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,187
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
Kafelnikov has 40:
Code:
Daniel Vacek		15		4
Jonas Bjorkman		11		0
Cedric Pioline		11		2
Tim Henman		8		5
Byron Black		7		0
Michael Stich		7		1
Francisco Clavet	7		2
Todd Martin		7		3
Kenneth Carlsen		6		0
Younes El Aynaoui	6		0
Fabrice Santoro		6		0
Chris Woodruff		6		1
Slava Dosedel		6		2
Petr Korda		6		2
Richard Fromberg	5		1
Magnus Norman		5		1
David Prinosil		5		1
Alexander Volkov	5		1
Alex Corretja		5		2
Nicolas Escude		5		2
Marcelo Rios		5		2
Michael Chang		4		0
Marc-Kevin Goellner	4		0
Jakob Hlasek		4		0
Alberto Martin		4		0
Guillaume Raoux		4		0
Andreas Vinciguerra	4		0
Sergi Bruguera		4		1
Guy Forget		4		1
Tommy Haas		4		1
Jiri Novak		4		1
Mikael Tillstrom	4		1
Julien Boutter		3		0
Jacco Eltingh		3		0
Karel Novacek		3		0
Brett Steven		3		0
Vladimir Voltchkov	3		0
MaliVai Washington	3		0
David Wheaton		3		0
It's amazing how many times he played Vacek as Vacek never even made the top 25. 1 in every 21 matches Vacek played on tour was against Kafelnikov. Although not in the list, I would like to make a point of Kafelnikov's record vs Federer. Kafelnikov was 4-2 against Federer (including Davis Cup), the only player apart from Nadal to be 2+ up on Federer with at least 5 matches played. Kafelnikov was perfect against excellent doubles players Bjorkman and Santoro (17-0 in total).
Very interesting result of Kafelnikov. I did not expect
It seems he was very strong vs. Spaniards...
some players from the list look like they are "naturally born victims" 4 every one
such as Jonas Bjorkman, Cedric Pioline, Todd Martin, ...
Stephan is offline  
post #26 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 42
Posts: 8,991
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
Kafelnikov was 4-2 against Federer (including Davis Cup), the only player apart from Nadal to be 2+ up on Federer with at least 5 matches played.
Wasn't Nalbandian 5-0? And Murray 5-2?

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
post #27 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,187
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Wasn't Nalbandian 5-0? And Murray 5-2?
Andre Agassi was 3-0, if i'm not wrong...
then situation was changed to 3-8
Stephan is offline  
post #28 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 25
Posts: 665
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Pls, someone post Roger`s result

FEDERER
sabina_RF_lee is offline  
post #29 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 12:03 AM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 7,415
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Wasn't Nalbandian 5-0? And Murray 5-2?
And Lleyton was 7-2. I meant as it stands now. Sorry my wording wasn't very good.

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think Kokkinakis will be the most successful player born in the 90s.
n8 is offline  
post #30 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 12:10 AM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 7,415
                     
Re: "3-0 or higher?": What is your favorite player record?

Federer has 69:

Code:
Andy Roddick		19		2
Lleyton Hewitt		17		6
Nikolay Davydenko	13		2
Fernando Gonzalez	12		1
Robin Soderling		12		1
Nicolas Kiefer		12		3
Ivan Ljubicic		12		3
Jarkko Nieminen		11		0
David Ferrer		10		0
Mikhail Youzhny		10		0
Tommy Haas		10		2
Tommy Robredo		9		0
James Blake		9		1
Ivo Karlovic		9		1
Marat Safin		9		2
Juan Carlos Ferrero	9		3
Novak Djokovic		9		5
Fabrice Santoro		8		2
Radek Stepanek		8		2
Andre Agassi		8		3
Tomas Berdych		8		3
Thomas Johansson	7		0
Feliciano Lopez		7		0
Xavier Malisse		7		0
Carlos Moya		7		0
Olivier Rochus		7		0
Max Mirnyi		7		2
Andreas Seppi		6		0
Mario Ancic		6		1
Marcos Baghdatis	6		1
Richard Gasquet		6		1
Andrei Pavel		6		1
Juan Martin Del Potro	6		2
Arnaud Clement		6		3
Jose Acasuso		5		0
Nicolas Almagro		5		0
Jonas Bjorkman		5		0
Alejandro Falla		5		0
Gaston Gaudio		5		0
Robby Ginepri		5		0
Philipp Kohlschreiber	5		0
Gael Monfils		5		0
Potito Starace		5		0
Mardy Fish		5		1
Stanislas Wawrinka	5		1
Juan Ignacio Chela	4		0
Victor Hanescu		4		0
Nicolas Lapentti	4		0
Paul-Henri Mathieu	4		0
Ivo Minar		4		0
Sargis Sargsian		4		0
Paradorn Srichaphan	4		0
Bohdan Ulihrach		4		0
Fernando Verdasco	4		0
Michael Chang		4		1
Stefan Koubek		4		1
Nicolas Massu		4		1
Greg Rusedski		4		1
Sjeng Schalken		4		1
Igor Andreev		3		0
Guillermo Coria		3		0
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez	3		0
Marc Gicquel		3		0
Evgeny Korolev		3		0
Michel Kratochvil	3		0
Gilles Muller		3		0
David Prinosil		3		0
Raemon Sluiter		3		0
Dmitry Tursunov		3		0

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think Kokkinakis will be the most successful player born in the 90s.
n8 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome