Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
straitup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 24
Posts: 8,877
                     
Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

From what I saw, Murray looked good
straitup is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

Commanding performance from Muzza, indeed. Didn't want to keep the Queen waiting for her tea all too long, so made a quick job of it.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Ace Loveforty
 
scarecrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tirana, ALBANIA
Posts: 81,100
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

very good performance
more aggressive than usual but can he do the same under pressure?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline  
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Registered User
 
green25814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 4,302
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

Easy win for murray.

I love all aspects of TENNIS.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline  
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In this world but not of it
Age: 37
Posts: 5,048
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

i hope this is a sign of better things to come for murray. nadal needs to face at least one decent player before the final.
ORGASMATRON is offline  
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:13 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,702
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

Yep, excellent showing. Should have too much for Simon. With Tsonga now in a fifth set the draw could be opening up.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

Her Maj is pleased.

He won, he won quickly and didn't ruin her schedule, he didn't drop a single F-bomb and there wasn't a single streaker.

Everyone involved very relieved.

Oh and he played well too, I thought.
scoobs is offline  
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Registered User
 
Lopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 28
Posts: 7,453
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

Murray played very well.

Seems to have improved the serve IMO. We'll see how it holds up in tough spots. Nice and aggressive groundstrokes as well, the forehand stood out.

Jarkko should be happy he made the second round, not much chance in winning this one. Get your ranking back up in the top50 Shark

After Nadal beat Monfils at Doha, before AO 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline  
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered User
 
raahaat7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: KASHMIR: THE VALLEY OF DEATH
Posts: 701
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

will he reach the final? Fingers crossed. Too bad he cud meet another of my favourites Tsonga.
raahaat7 is offline  
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,927
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

This match was all about the Queen and the bow - biggest cheer so far.
Jimnik is offline  
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 287
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Murray played very well.

Seems to have improved the serve IMO. We'll see how it holds up in tough spots. Nice and aggressive groundstrokes as well, the forehand stood out.

Jarkko should be happy he made the second round, not much chance in winning this one. Get your ranking back up in the top50 Shark
It was a very good serving day,but IMO means little moving forward.The best I've seen him serve in a match was either the USO semi vs Nadal or the Madrid semi vs Federer.His serving was poor and mediocre respectively in his next match IIRC.

If you saw any technical changes to suggest improvement rather than just a good day I would be delighted to hear it though.

People seem to be learning not to overreact to Murray's form fluctuations now.Most of his best tournaments have included a lousy performance.It might have been better to stink against Hajek as he may lose any future matches if he has a real off day.
angry1 is offline  
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Registered User
 
Langers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 4,285
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORGASMATRON View Post
i hope this is a sign of better things to come for murray. nadal needs to face at least one decent player before the final.
I really wish you'd shut up.
Langers is offline  
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Registered User
 
Lopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 28
Posts: 7,453
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry1 View Post
It was a very good serving day,but IMO means little moving forward.The best I've seen him serve in a match was either the USO semi vs Nadal or the Madrid semi vs Federer.His serving was poor and mediocre respectively in his next match IIRC.

If you saw any technical changes to suggest improvement rather than just a good day I would be delighted to hear it though.

People seem to be learning not to overreact to Murray's form fluctuations now.Most of his best tournaments have included a lousy performance.It might have been better to stink against Hajek as he may lose any future matches if he has a real off day.
Well you're right, too soon to jump on the bandwagon .

Tough to actually see anything with no slo-mo, but you can see the results. I felt that he got a better kick on his second serve than usual and also his slice serve had more zing.

He does serve really flat often though, but if he's adding more spin it's a step in the right direction IMO

After Nadal beat Monfils at Doha, before AO 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline  
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,702
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

Murray always serves well at Wimbledon, it's probably his best serving tournament.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,524
                     
Re: Wimbledon 2R: Murray (4) def. Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2

Murray behaved well today. The queen should attend all his matches.
Mjau! is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome