Eastbourne SF: Garcia Lopez def. Istomin 3/6, 6/3, 6/4 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nidhogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,772
                     
Eastbourne SF: Garcia Lopez def. Istomin 3/6, 6/3, 6/4

3/20 breakpoints converted from Guillermo, but he got it done in the end. Good luck at Wimby, Denis.
Nidhogg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Registered User
 
ChuckNorrisFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 238
                     
Re: Eastbourne SF: Garcia Lopez def. Istomin 3/6, 6/3, 6/4

GGL showing who is the better Spaniard on grass

Nikolay Vladimirovich Davydenko
ChuckNorrisFan is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Registered User
 
wildemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 7,713
                     
Re: Eastbourne SF: Garcia Lopez def. Istomin 3/6, 6/3, 6/4

istomin was up a set and a break, and he got too arrogant. He was immediately broken back and played passive tennis the rest of the match. Wawrinka will brush him aside in 3 if he displays that kind of poor form.
wildemu is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:42 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Posts: 20,524
                     
Re: Eastbourne SF: Garcia Lopez def. Istomin 3/6, 6/3, 6/4

Great Grass Lord striking again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Armstrong says in-competition testing will never catch anyone, only out-of-competition testing and the blood passport can.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 01:46 AM
Registered User
 
fran70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 3,010
                     
Re: Eastbourne SF: Garcia Lopez def. Istomin 3/6, 6/3, 6/4

This is really surprising to see Garcia Lopez in the final of a grass event! He is ok playing on hard courts but I would had never expected him to reach a grass court final. He achieved some good victories like the ones against Benneteau and Istomin though. I miss the old days of the faster grass courts amd not this joke.

[B]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Registered User
 
propi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I wish I knew
Age: 36
Posts: 1,404
                     
Re: Eastbourne SF: Garcia Lopez def. Istomin 3/6, 6/3, 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckNorrisFan View Post
GGL showing who is the better Spaniard on grass
D'Oh, Conchita is, all hail the Wimby 94 queen, b*tch*s

You can almost read SPARTA in her lips
Congrats Guillermo, last years we've seen Nadal, Ferrer, Verdasco and now you reaching finals on grass

Carlos, Tommy, Rafa, Feli, Nicolás, Marcel
Rainer, Radek, Benji Becker, Jarkko Nieminen, Melzer, Nalbandián, Tursunov, Starace, Djokovic, Youzhny
propi is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:45 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Posts: 20,524
                     
Re: Eastbourne SF: Garcia Lopez def. Istomin 3/6, 6/3, 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
This is really surprising to see Garcia Lopez in the final of a grass event! He is ok playing on hard courts but I would had never expected him to reach a grass court final. He achieved some good victories like the ones against Benneteau and Istomin though. I miss the old days of the faster grass courts amd not this joke.
As a matter of fact, the courts at Eastbourne are traditional, fast grass courts. It baffles me how people confuse Wimbledon slowing down their grass with every other tournaments doing it.

And GGL reached the semis here last year too, no big surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Armstrong says in-competition testing will never catch anyone, only out-of-competition testing and the blood passport can.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered User
 
fran70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 3,010
                     
Re: Eastbourne SF: Garcia Lopez def. Istomin 3/6, 6/3, 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
As a matter of fact, the courts at Eastbourne are traditional, fast grass courts. It baffles me how people confuse Wimbledon slowing down their grass with every other tournaments doing it.

And GGL reached the semis here last year too, no big surprise.
Have u been this week in Eastbourne? I watched today the final on TV and inspite there was a light rain (which make courts faster) there was a clear bounce on the balls played by GGL and on some rallies played by Llodra too.

If you have been this week in Eastbourne I give you my right hand and I would like if you can expand your opinion about the court conditions.

[B]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:13 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Posts: 20,524
                     
Re: Eastbourne SF: Garcia Lopez def. Istomin 3/6, 6/3, 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
Have u been this week in Eastbourne? I watched today the final on TV and inspite there was a light rain (which make courts faster) there was a clear bounce on the balls played by GGL and on some rallies played by Llodra too.

If you have been this week in Eastbourne I give you my right hand and I would like if you can expand your opinion about the court conditions.
No, I haven't been to Eastbourne. But I have a TV and eyes. The courts at Eastbourne have been playing fast and low-bouncing the whole week. Faster and lower-bouncing than in Rosmalen, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Armstrong says in-competition testing will never catch anyone, only out-of-competition testing and the blood passport can.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome