Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass? - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?
Yes, he'll win Wimbledon 17 32.08%
Yes, but he won't win Wimbledon 21 39.62%
No, he's spent 15 28.30%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
raahaat7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: KASHMIR: THE VALLEY OF DEATH
Posts: 701
                     
Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Well, this is a poll going on at www.tennis.com. Please post a poll and comment.
raahaat7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckNorrisFan View Post
He has to return better than today.
Agreed. He played well yesterday though. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday, then yes. If he keeps playing like he did today, then no.

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Olympic GOAT
 
Sapeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 21
Posts: 42,876
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Nadull will lose to Murray if he gets past Lopez.

LET'S GO!!
SLAMS: 3 TITLES, 8 finals, 9 semi-finals, 8 quarter-finals...
WORLD TOUR FINALS: 1 TITLE, 3 semi-finals...
MASTERS: 14 TITLES, 7 finals, 12 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
OLYMPICS: 2 gold medals, 1 silver...
DAVIS CUP: 1 TITLE, 1 semi-final, 1 quarter-final...
WORLD #1: 2 weeks and counting...
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 630-174...
TITLES: 44 and counting...
~ Roger ~ Monty ~ Pics ~ Stronga ~ Berdman ~ Feli ~
Sapeod is offline  
post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered User
 
Tutu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,155
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
Yes, Nadal will kill Murray. That's if Murray even gets past Fish.
Edited.


WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline  
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,908
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Nadal>Murray on grass. Murray may not beat Fish tomorrow and definitely may not beat Llodra either.

No, I don't see Rafa going through the grass season with all wins but it definitely can happen. The odds aren't in his favor, though.
Filo V. is offline  
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,595
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

he'll win Queens but not Wimbledon
Elena. is offline  
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered User
 
Swiss Mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 653
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Nadal is a practise joke (is that what you say?)

Some said he was back, but oh! what a coincidence, it was just clay! lol
What a joke! the guy is still a clay player, lucky to have an old or tired injured Federer in front of him.
As a Federer fan, I am anny, not for Fed but for the game, even canal+ realizing Fed is going down, just give away the tv right to... lol: m6! hahahagreat shit now for french tennis fans!

Nadal was not back, it's clay who was back, Nadal only "excel" on clay"

The poor guy have to invent excuses:
-my knees
- my abdominal
- my parents divorce
- my bulbs feet
- my teeth
- my parents divorce (at 23 yrs old, like he give a shit! I person, was 16 when my old mates divorce, I didn't gave a damn, not like I was a kid, or mayvbe rafa is in retard)

The guy is a annoying, not a champ who always win, no Fed. Never fit for tennis.Imagine he was n1 as Fed was always n1, people would not follow tennis anymore with such an handicaped n1 figure, whaat a mess!
He just can' t stop finding excuses to his losses and pretend injuries against the best players: Delpo, Murray(retired again! at 23? lol) and Federer (oh, wait, I'm injured again, that why I lost!)

What a piece of crap.

For me it's clear enough: for a sport to be popular, he needs a big champion, not an handicaped guy who always play the same surface 3 months a year; Nadal'sgame is boring and even the nadal fans know that, they are mostly teenage girls in love with his no hair chest (wait ten years and see the movement, in all the papers worldwile that the final was boring, nothing to remember like all the roland final of nadal; mostly thanks to Soderling this year, who play like a newcomer)
Enough.
But sad that nadal is n1, because he doesn't deserve it, he just play 4months a year and won! who dare to say otherwise? Delpo deserve to be n1 as much as Nadal. That's the case.

Fed play Wimbledon last year, he won, but because of that he can't be n1 again.

S the new rule to be n1 is: play one year on two, you can be number one?


This sport is ingrate, I beleive it now.

Roddick about Federer:
"Its easy to be a winner when you never lose"


Inside Tennis - March 23rd, 2010
Swiss Mountain is offline  
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Age: 31
Posts: 280
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mountain View Post
Nadal is a practise joke (is that what you say?)

Some said he was back, but oh! what a coincidence, it was just clay! lol
What a joke! the guy is still a clay player, lucky to have an old or tired injured Federer in front of him.
As a Federer fan, I am anny, not for Fed but for the game, even canal+ realizing Fed is going down, just give away the tv right to... lol: m6! hahahagreat shit now for french tennis fans!

Nadal was not back, it's clay who was back, Nadal only "excel" on clay"

The poor guy have to invent excuses:
-my knees
- my abdominal
- my parents divorce
- my bulbs feet
- my teeth
- my parents divorce (at 23 yrs old, like he give a shit! I person, was 16 when my old mates divorce, I didn't gave a damn, not like I was a kid, or mayvbe rafa is in retard)

The guy is a annoying, not a champ who always win, no Fed. Never fit for tennis.Imagine he was n1 as Fed was always n1, people would not follow tennis anymore with such an handicaped n1 figure, whaat a mess!
He just can' t stop finding excuses to his losses and pretend injuries against the best players: Delpo, Murray(retired again! at 23? lol) and Federer (oh, wait, I'm injured again, that why I lost!)

What a piece of crap.

For me it's clear enough: for a sport to be popular, he needs a big champion, not an handicaped guy who always play the same surface 3 months a year; Nadal'sgame is boring and even the nadal fans know that, they are mostly teenage girls in love with his no hair chest (wait ten years and see the movement, in all the papers worldwile that the final was boring, nothing to remember like all the roland final of nadal; mostly thanks to Soderling this year, who play like a newcomer)
Enough.
But sad that nadal is n1, because he doesn't deserve it, he just play 4months a year and won! who dare to say otherwise? Delpo deserve to be n1 as much as Nadal. That's the case.

Fed play Wimbledon last year, he won, but because of that he can't be n1 again.

S the new rule to be n1 is: play one year on two, you can be number one?


This sport is ingrate, I beleive it now.
This is the biggest amount of shit I have ever read.

RAFAEL NADAL

Clay GOAT

9 Grand Slams
18 Masters Series
43 Titles
Career Golden Slam
Billups85 is offline  
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,132
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

He is not winning Queens. He is not winning Wimbledon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
Nadull will lose to Murray if he gets past Lopez.
Agreed.
Persimmon is offline  
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Registered User
 
born_on_clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,691
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billups85 View Post
This is the biggest amount of shit I have ever read.
+1

Rafael Nadal
CAREER GOLDEN GRAND SLAM
♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔
66 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 739 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline  
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billups85 View Post
This is the biggest amount of shit I have ever read.
+2

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger The Magician of Precision Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Registered User
 
PiggyGotRoasted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 2,682
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
+2
- 1
PiggyGotRoasted is offline  
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 42
Posts: 8,991
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mountain View Post
Nadal is a practise joke (is that what you say?)

Some said he was back, but oh! what a coincidence, it was just clay! lol
What a joke! the guy is still a clay player, lucky to have an old or tired injured Federer in front of him.
As a Federer fan, I am anny, not for Fed but for the game, even canal+ realizing Fed is going down, just give away the tv right to... lol: m6! hahahagreat shit now for french tennis fans!

Nadal was not back, it's clay who was back, Nadal only "excel" on clay"

The poor guy have to invent excuses:
-my knees
- my abdominal
- my parents divorce
- my bulbs feet
- my teeth
- my parents divorce (at 23 yrs old, like he give a shit! I person, was 16 when my old mates divorce, I didn't gave a damn, not like I was a kid, or mayvbe rafa is in retard)

The guy is a annoying, not a champ who always win, no Fed. Never fit for tennis.Imagine he was n1 as Fed was always n1, people would not follow tennis anymore with such an handicaped n1 figure, whaat a mess!
He just can' t stop finding excuses to his losses and pretend injuries against the best players: Delpo, Murray(retired again! at 23? lol) and Federer (oh, wait, I'm injured again, that why I lost!)

What a piece of crap.

For me it's clear enough: for a sport to be popular, he needs a big champion, not an handicaped guy who always play the same surface 3 months a year; Nadal'sgame is boring and even the nadal fans know that, they are mostly teenage girls in love with his no hair chest (wait ten years and see the movement, in all the papers worldwile that the final was boring, nothing to remember like all the roland final of nadal; mostly thanks to Soderling this year, who play like a newcomer)
Enough.
But sad that nadal is n1, because he doesn't deserve it, he just play 4months a year and won! who dare to say otherwise? Delpo deserve to be n1 as much as Nadal. That's the case.

Fed play Wimbledon last year, he won, but because of that he can't be n1 again.

S the new rule to be n1 is: play one year on two, you can be number one?


This sport is ingrate, I beleive it now.
Inspired.

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Registered User
 
Vida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,582
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billups85 View Post
This is the biggest amount of shit I have ever read.
excellent post.

reliability...
Vida is offline  
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 66,890
                     
Re: Can Nadal keep his winning streak going on grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_on_clay View Post
+1


+100

Clay Death is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome