This Britton has got some game. Some things I noticed from the livestream:
1. Devin's serve is obviously his biggest weapon.
2. His volleys are solid, but his net closing ability (both cutting off angles and rushing the net quick enough) needs some work.
3. He is not patient enough in extended baseline rallies. Anytime a rally went past 4 shots, Haas won 99% of them.
4. His ability to return serve deep and consistently also needs some work. He can hit a flashy winner, but needs to be more consistent.
5. His side-to-side speed, movement, and footwork need to improve, probably a cause for #3.
All in all, a very good performance from Britton and a positive experience. Hopefully he can work on these 5 things and who knows how high he can get his ranking.
He is not patient enough in extended baseline rallies (that's always problem for young talents)
GO Roger Federer, Nick Kyrgios, Borna Coric, Vasek Pospisil, Kei Nishikori, , Milos Raonic, Jerzy Janowicz, Grigor Dimitrov, Dennis Novikov and Bernard Tomic and Mikael Ymer
Thiem will be No 1 by May 2018
Nick Kyrgios will be No 2 by Sep 2018
Mikael Ymer will be No 3 by Dec 2018
Alexander Zverev will be No 1 by Dec 2018