That would be nice if Nadal - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13
                     
That would be nice if Nadal

Would win more game than Jenkins did.

USA USA USA USA USA
You hate Him because he's more successful than your fave
FishNAndy4Eva is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:47 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,957
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

Now I dont like Roddick but after seeing that set surely no one can claim "Roddick is just serve". He has looked the most impressive of the top players so far and not because of his serve.
WyveN is offline  
post #3 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:48 AM
Registered User
 
jazz_girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 33
Posts: 17,486
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

I thought this match was gonna be more even and interesting to watch, let's see how the other sets go...
jazz_girl is offline  
post #4 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:48 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 274
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

You'd think he could do better, seeing as he is one player who managed to beat Roger Federer in straights sets on a hard court a few months ago.

Pete Sampras - no yelling, no bad language, no fooling around, no showmanship, no media obsession, no nonsense. He just let his tennis do the talking. Enough said.
Goenitz_196 is offline  
post #5 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:50 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 274
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyveN
Now I dont like Roddick but after seeing that set surely no one can claim "Roddick is just serve". He has looked the most impressive of the top players so far and not because of his serve.
It's almost just about his serve though. I guess that's why he wins 97% of tie-breaks with the other 3% being Federer and Henman.

Pete Sampras - no yelling, no bad language, no fooling around, no showmanship, no media obsession, no nonsense. He just let his tennis do the talking. Enough said.
Goenitz_196 is offline  
post #6 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

Quote:
It's almost just about his serve though.
How come he broke Nadal 3 times in a row

USA USA USA USA USA
You hate Him because he's more successful than your fave
FishNAndy4Eva is offline  
post #7 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:52 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,957
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goenitz_196
It's almost just about his serve though.
Perhaps he is managing to break Nadal's serve using his own serve somehow but for some reason I cant spot it on the tv.
WyveN is offline  
post #8 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:55 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 274
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishNAndy4Eva
How come he broke Nadal 3 times in a row
Nadal isn't exactly known for his serve is he...

Pete Sampras - no yelling, no bad language, no fooling around, no showmanship, no media obsession, no nonsense. He just let his tennis do the talking. Enough said.
Goenitz_196 is offline  
post #9 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:58 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 274
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

In fact he's got one of the weakest serves when compared to the others (Sjeng Schalken as well).

Pete Sampras - no yelling, no bad language, no fooling around, no showmanship, no media obsession, no nonsense. He just let his tennis do the talking. Enough said.
Goenitz_196 is offline  
post #10 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:59 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,957
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goenitz_196
In fact he's got one of the weakest serves when compared to the others (Sjeng Schalken as well).
Didn't hold him back against Federer.
WyveN is offline  
post #11 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:59 AM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

No, Nadal isn't known for his serve. Praising Roddick for breaking it is absolutely fucking laughable.

That said, obviously Roddick is better than Nadal right now. Nadal was never going to win this, but I was hoping he coudl keep all the sets.

I'm very dissapointed to see that isn't the case.

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
post #12 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyveN
Didn't hold him back against Federer.
Erm. Haven't Federer's issues that day been discussed at great length.

Okay, fine. Roddick is one of the best returners on tour, even better than Federer, because he can break the serve of the great Nadal.

Wow. That is the stupidest thing that I have EVER said. Please tell me that your point was not going in that direction.

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
post #13 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 02:02 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 274
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyveN
Didn't hold him back against Federer.
Federer's 1st serves aren't exactly weak you know...

Pete Sampras - no yelling, no bad language, no fooling around, no showmanship, no media obsession, no nonsense. He just let his tennis do the talking. Enough said.
Goenitz_196 is offline  
post #14 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

Hum, the whole point was that he was able to break 3 times in a row, and it takes more than a serve to do that, it's the only direction the point was going.

USA USA USA USA USA
You hate Him because he's more successful than your fave
FishNAndy4Eva is offline  
post #15 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 02:07 AM
country flag Shy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: in my house
Age: 30
Posts: 1,339
                     
Re: That would be nice if Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goenitz_196
You'd think he could do better, seeing as he is one player who managed to beat Roger Federer in straights sets on a hard court a few months ago.
well, Nadal just came back from an injury.
Shy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome