I'm going to Roland Garros for the first time and would really appreciate if you could help me out with some questions I have.
Some questions are regarding attending a tennis tournament in general. I found a thread on the matter, but it seems to be quite outdated, so excuse me for starting a new one.
Most importanly, I'd like to hear from someone who's been to RG in recent years.
1) Would it be ok to have a Chatrier court tickets purchased up until the OOP for the following day is released, and based on the OOP to go or to sell the tickets through viagogo.fr? Could the tickets be sold in such a short term? I sense, they could, and they will, but... I don't know. If you've ever used that ticket exchange website, please do tell from your experience.
2) What if my fave plays on Lenglen (and I don't have tickets for that court), would it be possible to find something on the same viagogo?
3) Cont. of 2) Would it be possible to buy (or exchange Chatrier to Lenglen) tickets right there "from hands" (at the second-hand market)? I realise that's not legal, but maybe works? How serious are they about checking IDs at the entrance?
4) If you have some useful tips, in general, about attending Roland Garros please do share. Such as where to buy better food or what outside courts are more comfy to go to, or just anything you feel may be useful.
5) How do you stalk your favourite players at such events?
I mean, me and my friend just must see Federer close. I suspect that might be possible during a practice session. How do you know when and where it may be? Do those practices happen on the outside courts?
Hope there will be some answers, and that the information in this thread will be helpful not only for me, newbie, but also for the others who are going to Paris this May.