Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 67
 
Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

In Sunday's edition of La Vanguardia, Catalonia's best-selling newspaper.
(Interview link in Spanish)http://www.magazinedigital.com/repor...taje/cat_id/81

These are some quotes (note that this is my own translation, sorry for any mispelling )

"The fact of going into war seems inconceivable to me. Almost all bad things that happen in life are due to radicalisms of any kind"

"To me, religion is the biggest reason of death in history"

"I don't believe an ideal world is possible" What would you change? "To get rid of all weapons in the world"

"What has impressed me the most was the terrorist attack to the Twin Towers. I was playing a match at that very same time in Madrid, trying to get my first ATP point and I wasted 13 match points before losing the match. I went straight away to see it live on TV"

(On Federer)"I have seen him train as hard as I do just a few times. Never, actually. And that impresses me. He is the best in history"

"My worst match of the season was my match vs Cilic in Beijing. That was a fucked up day"

"When I lost the Wimbledon final in 2007 I cried in the locker room. I don't like doing it in front of people"

"My sport idol is Tiger Woods. He's got the conviction to put that ball in the hole. He may have doubts but his decisiveness is spectacular"

Last edited by spiceboy; 11-15-2009 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Addition of link to the interview
spiceboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,385
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

first page

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline  
post #3 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,876
                     
Certinfy is offline  
post #4 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:49 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 42,084
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

This is some good stuff

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #5 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered User
 
Voo de Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: somewhere between Fire and Water
Posts: 20,204
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
"What has impressed me the most was the terrorist attack to the Twin Towers. I was playing a match at that very same time in Madrid, trying to get my first ATP point and I wasted 13 match points before losing the match. I went straight away to see it live on TV"


Nadal's first Futures (Spain F10), lost to Guillermo Platel 6-2 5-7 2-6...

stroke <- point <- game <- set <- MATCH -> round -> tournament -> season -> career
My favorite stats
Longest matches
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline  
post #6 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered User
 
oliverbwfc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 23
Posts: 448
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

Im sorry but was this meant to be controversial?
oliverbwfc is offline  
post #7 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 04:22 PM
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
 
Rafa = Fed Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 5,067
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

Nadal is right, fanatic religious clowns (who believe in pink dragons in the sky who control everything) are the cause of the worlds problems.

The ATP deserves a better class of player, and I'm gonna give it to 'em - Djoker

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009


Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline  
post #8 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Registered User
 
irma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 297
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

The problem doesn't start with religion or an ideology but people wanting to force that opinion on others.
Power is the worst treath of human beings because they can't handle it. History shows that.

I have seen the atheïst union demonstrating and all and they freaked me out as much as some religious unions.
irma is offline  
post #9 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Faithful Txurigorri
 
Arkulari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 24,903
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
The problem doesn't start with religion or an ideology but people wanting to force that opinion on others.
Power is the worst treath of human beings because they can't handle it. History shows that.


I have seen the atheïst union demonstrating and all and they freaked me out as much as some religious unions.
This

I respect Rafa's point of view, but even if I love him to death, he isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box, I'm gonna wait and read the interview myself and then I'll say something about it

Rafael "The Matador of Spin" Nadal
Roger “The Magician of Precision” Federer
Del Potro, Ferrer, Haas, Zeballos


Arkulari is offline  
post #10 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 04:38 PM
The new era of SuperNovak
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

Quote:
You forgot to add USA to that list.
The religions are responsible for almost all wars. If you go back in history almost every war was because different people try to put their religion on others. Now the reasons to start a war are a little bit changed. But if you take a look USA- Iraq, Afghanistan. Israel - the arab world. These are wars between different people and Gods.
So true, almost every war is started on the name of religion (or oil nowadays). I think Nadal is very clever to point that. I hate religious fanatics, they make me sick, I don't care which religion... they are all bad.



Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #11 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 05:03 PM
The new era of SuperNovak
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

Extremes are always bad. We have a few examples in this board.



Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #12 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Tênis Mambembe
 
Zirconek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 36,804
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

Thread cleaned (sorry for deleting some posts, it doesn't mean all deleted posts were "bad" or "inappropriate", but it had to be done). Now, please stay on topic

Zirconek is offline  
post #13 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Fly away little pigeon
 
elessar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: not on vacation
Posts: 20,460
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

Such a controversial interview indeed.

IQ scores are ridiculously meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiakifug View Post
Extreme atheists are just as bad as extreme religious people.
Religious nutjobs are a few millions dead people up on atheists nutjobs.

Staline is a fallacious argument, atheism was part of communism but it has never been the reason for the 70 millions dead.
elessar is offline  
post #14 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 526
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
The problem doesn't start with religion or an ideology but people wanting to force that opinion on others.
Power is the worst treath of human beings because they can't handle it. History shows that.

I have seen the atheïst union demonstrating and all and they freaked me out as much as some religious unions.
I'm quite new to this forum even though I have been registered for over 2 years, I've mostly been on Womens tennis Forum during this period.

This forum is as crazy as that one

You talk more sense than you realise. This (and many other forums) are a microcosm of your point, people trying to impose their views and opinions on others - which ends inevitably in ferocious arguments and cyber war (maybe just as well we can't see eachother to take action!).

As for the Nadal article. I think we should wait until the article is published in the newspaper before making comments, after all it may not have been translated 100% accurately.
laurie-1 is offline  
post #15 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,179
                     
Re: Tomorrow will be published Nadal most controversial interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa = Fed Killa View Post
Nadal is right, fanatic religious clowns (who believe in pink dragons in the sky who control everything) are the cause of the worlds problems.
seconded.......greed for wealth and obsession for religion are the major causes for all the problems in this world........well said, vamos rafa!
Start da Game is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome