USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 95,882
                     
USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

It was such a funny match, I swear. Janowicz is growing as a nasty character on court (he's nice off court though) - loads of swearing, throwing racquet a bit, he bitched to the umpire a few times, but the funniest moment was when someone from the Polish fans tried to help, "Try to attack him more, go forward!" he replied, "If you are so smart you come and play yourself" Polish fans were crazy, too. We have something like "second side answers" taken from the football matches. It means people on one side shout "second side" and the other "answers". So today they did it a few times on a tennis match It was too cute.

I will burn
And you will die...


my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:07 AM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,577
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

Good win for him. Very underrated prospect IMO.
Smoke944 is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 95,882
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

Well, he's still the highest ranked 18 y.o. player Although that loss in Binghampton was SO BAD. But I've heard he's playing in the too big shoes cos they ordered shoes for his size and they came too big

I will burn
And you will die...


my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:31 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,180
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

I was impressed by his playing. That serve First serve % was low though. But how does someone that thin hit serves so hard?

After the match I was wandering to another court and I saw him speaking Polish with a group of people. I struck up a conversation with someone who spoke Polish and English, & she helped me get an autograph. I don't know how much English he speaks. I felt bad when he tried to say something in Polish to me and the woman had to tell him I don't speak Polish. I said some congratulations in English anyway. If that woman happens, by some small chance, to be on MTF: thanks! That was only my 3rd tennis autograph.
neenah is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:43 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

The great Polish hope marches on, good work.
Michael Bluth is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered User
 
muniu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stalowa Wola
Age: 25
Posts: 6,191
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
It was such a funny match, I swear. Janowicz is growing as a nasty character on court (he's nice off court though) - loads of swearing, throwing racquet a bit, he bitched to the umpire a few times, but the funniest moment was when someone from the Polish fans tried to help, "Try to attack him more, go forward!" he replied, "If you are so smart you come and play yourself" Polish fans were crazy, too. We have something like "second side answers" taken from the football matches. It means people on one side shout "second side" and the other "answers". So today they did it a few times on a tennis match It was too cute.
like?
Kto wygra mecz?....................--- JERZYK!!!
Kto?.......................------------JERZYK!!!
KTO?..................--------JERZYK, JERZYK, JERZYK!!!
DO boju, do boju.........

Well-done Jurek

no bets


Quote:
Originally Posted by tea View Post
Fuck you potro, fuck you all the haters!!!!!!!!
The brainless Agrie will never defeat Fed in 5th!!

muniu is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Registered User
 
HattonWBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dudley, England, United Kingdom
Age: 25
Posts: 2,528
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

He is a very good prospect but like has been said very under rated in regards to guys like Dimitrov etc, although it is justified in Jerzeys size possibly hindering him, lets face it not many guys of his height can move like Potro, but still he is a very talented player for sure, keep it going.
HattonWBA is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered User
 
orangehat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,504
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

Stoppo's slump continues .

Forza ...

Tennis Tipping

Singles: (--/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (--/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Nathaliia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 95,882
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenah View Post
I was impressed by his playing. That serve First serve % was low though. But how does someone that thin hit serves so hard?

After the match I was wandering to another court and I saw him speaking Polish with a group of people. I struck up a conversation with someone who spoke Polish and English, & she helped me get an autograph. I don't know how much English he speaks. I felt bad when he tried to say something in Polish to me and the woman had to tell him I don't speak Polish. I said some congratulations in English anyway. If that woman happens, by some small chance, to be on MTF: thanks! That was only my 3rd tennis autograph.
It was me, lmao. It was nice to see you . Jerzy likes giving autographs and taking pics together after won matches, he just thought you were Polish too and talked Polish to you

He speaks very good English, his coach is from Finland btw.

I will burn
And you will die...


my old Polish blog www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Ace Loveforty
 
scarecrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tirana, ALBANIA
Posts: 81,647
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

woman?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 01:31 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
dijus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 12,555
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

hope you are enjoying New York, Nathii
dijus is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,180
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
It was me, lmao. It was nice to see you . Jerzy likes giving autographs and taking pics together after won matches, he just thought you were Polish too and talked Polish to you

He speaks very good English, his coach is from Finland btw.
Thanks so much! My mom & I were grateful for your little translations.

Oh, that's good, so he understood when I said "nice match, etc."

It was nice meeting you.
neenah is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:42 PM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,868
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
woman?
JMG is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

Good stuff.
GlennMirnyi is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 22,409
                     
Re: USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

hope he can qualify here
marquez is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome