- Rafael Nadal wins his first ever Grand Slam match by defeating Mario Ancic of Croatia in four sets.
- Rafael Nadal makes his first third round of a Grand Slam in defeating British wildcard Lee Childs in straight sets.
- Rafael Nadal suffers his first loss in a Grand Slam main draw match to Paradorn Srichaphan 6-4 6-4 6-2.
- Swiss number 4 seed Roger Federer records his first Grand Slam title of his career.
- After several knee surgeries Mark Philippoussis makes the final of Wimbledon but falls to Federer in straght sets.
- Brit Tim Henman again disappoints the British tennis fans by falling in the Quarterfinals to Frenchman Sebastian Grosjean.
- The then World Number 1 and defending Wimbledon champion Lleyton Hewitt suffers a shock first round loss to big serving Croat qualifier Ivo Karlovic.
- In a 4th round encounter Mark Philippoussis was able to defeat world number 2 Andre Agassi in 5 tight sets.
- Making his second ever appearance at Wimbledon Alex Bogdanovic was anhilated by Armenian Sargis Sargsian 6-1 6-3 6-2. (Had to throw it in there)
2003 Wimbledon certainly was a turning point
Hewitt`s loss to Karlovic was a huge surprise to everone, Lleyton actually won the first set 6-0, but then somehow got blown off the court.. Karlovic came up with angles on his serve than nobody had ever seen before..
Philippoussis` run to the final really made me happy, esp his 5 set win over Agassi & he also came back from 2-sets-to-love down in the quarters against some big German [forgot his name]..
2003 Wimby was my 1st year living in Japan, I remember shouting at the TV screen when Mark P. lost the first set tie-break to Federer in the final... everyone around thought I was some hooligan lunatic