Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,501
                     
Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

It might seem like I am stating the obvious, but as much as its hard to say being a FedFan, you have to respect that.

When it comes to the end of their careers and comparisions are potentially made about who the GOAT might have been, I feel Federer may cop a lot of flack for winning his titles against one slam wonders and young guys who eventually got the better of him.

The best player he has played against he defeated 2 times in GS finals to date, but that was when he was young and even then they were really tight matches (06 wimbledon two tie break sets). So:

Federer won 2 of his 13GS off Nadal, the best player around aside from him.

Nadal won (at least) 5 of his 6 titles from Federer, the best player around besides him and genuine contender for GOAT.

If the two end up with a similar number of GS titles in the future, I feel this fact may sway the jury in favour of Nadal being the GOAT.

Both players have won on 3 surfaces. The only way Fed can bridge the gap I think is to win FO, and hope Nadal never wins USO.
2003 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered User
 
LinkMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Buenos Aires
Age: 29
Posts: 11,328
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

Wow, what an accomplishment by Nadull! Winning 5 of his 6 GS by beating a guy who shits his pants when he sees him on the other side of the net.

Schweni

Lahm

Kroos :fuck you:
LinkMage is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Registered User
 
FlameOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 11,772
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
It might seem like I am stating the obvious, but as much as its hard to say being a FedFan, you have to respect that.

When it comes to the end of their careers and comparisions are potentially made about who the GOAT might have been, I feel Federer may cop a lot of flack for winning his titles against one slam wonders and young guys who eventually got the better of him.

The best player he has played against he defeated 2 times in GS finals to date, but that was when he was young and even then they were really tight matches (06 wimbledon two tie break sets). So:

Federer won 2 of his 13GS off Nadal, the best player around aside from him.

Nadal won (at least) 5 of his 6 titles from Federer, the best player around besides him and genuine contender for GOAT.

If the two end up with a similar number of GS titles in the future, I feel this fact may sway the jury in favour of Nadal being the GOAT.

Both players have won on 3 surfaces. The only way Fed can bridge the gap I think is to win FO, and hope Nadal never wins USO.
Federer's only won on two surfaces. Grass, and the Australian and US Open are both hard, and he hasn't won on clay. Another thing where Nadal has the edge over Federer.
FlameOn is offline  
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered User
 
Tankman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sydney
Age: 26
Posts: 3,724
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkMage View Post
Wow, what an accomplishment by Nadull! Winning 5 of his 6 GS by beating a guy who shits his pants when he sees him on the other side of the net.
You really, really want to win this year's ACC don't you?

Because this is getting too much.

Proud supporter of: | JARKKO NIEMINEN | Isner | Nishikori | Hewitt | and all other the Aussies

Tennis Tipping 2013
Doubles (275): W
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Tankman is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 179
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
It might seem like I am stating the obvious, but as much as its hard to say being a FedFan, you have to respect that.

When it comes to the end of their careers and comparisions are potentially made about who the GOAT might have been, I feel Federer may cop a lot of flack for winning his titles against one slam wonders and young guys who eventually got the better of him.

The best player he has played against he defeated 2 times in GS finals to date, but that was when he was young and even then they were really tight matches (06 wimbledon two tie break sets). So:

Federer won 2 of his 13GS off Nadal, the best player around aside from him.

Nadal won (at least) 5 of his 6 titles from Federer, the best player around besides him and genuine contender for GOAT.

If the two end up with a similar number of GS titles in the future, I feel this fact may sway the jury in favour of Nadal being the GOAT.

Both players have won on 3 surfaces. The only way Fed can bridge the gap I think is to win FO, and hope Nadal never wins USO.
"If the two end up with a similar number of GS titles in the future, I feel this fact may sway the jury in favour of Nadal being the GOAT."

Nadal will not end up with a similar no. of GS titles to Fed.
theDreamer is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Registered User
 
BlueSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 41
Posts: 2,243
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

...and for the sixth GS victory, he beat Federer in the semis. So Nadal has beaten Federer on route to all of his 6 GS trophees. Quite impressive, actually. Also impressive of Federer though. He has either won, or lost to the eventual winner of EVERY single Grand Slam event since RG 2004. That's INSANE!
BlueSwan is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Registered User
 
Bernard Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,821
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

Well, the flip side of this argument is that Federer keeps making final after final. If he had been losing in the quarters or semis then it would have been Nadal beating these one-slam wonders you speak of.

You don't really have much of a point. Every knows Nadal has the better of Federer in the match-up but in terms of career record Federer is streets ahead and it will most likely stay that way.
Bernard Black is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,501
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidusZidane View Post
If he had been losing in the quarters or semis then it would have been Nadal beating these one-slam wonders you speak of.
Not really;

A. I dont think he would have beat a lot of them.
B. He lost to a lot of them that made the final against Fed!
2003 is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Registered User
 
Foxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ruse
Age: 33
Posts: 2,600
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
"If the two end up with a similar number of GS titles in the future, I feel this fact may sway the jury in favour of Nadal being the GOAT."

Nadal will not end up with a similar no. of GS titles to Fed.

Why? I didn't know Nadal had retired already or RG is not a slam anymore?

06.07.08 - The Resurrection Of Tennis!
01.02.09 - Resurrection Confirmed!
06.06.10 - Phoenix Rises From The Ashes!
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In this world but not of it
Age: 37
Posts: 5,048
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

I dont agree with a single thing youve said but i will try to repect your opinion and not call it complete BS. You fail to take into account that Rafa beat Roger on slow Wimbledon courts, if it was still fast Rafa would struggle to get past the first week. So right there you have GS finals 4-3 in favor of Roger, with Rafa still stuck with his 4 clay court slams. You cant get around the fact that tennis is heavily favoring the base liners these days.
ORGASMATRON is offline  
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Registered User
 
HattonWBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dudley, England, United Kingdom
Age: 25
Posts: 2,528
                     
Post Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
...and for the sixth GS victory, he beat Federer in the semis. So Nadal has beaten Federer on route to all of his 6 GS trophees. Quite impressive, actually. Also impressive of Federer though. He has either won, or lost to the eventual winner of EVERY single Grand Slam event since RG 2004. That's INSANE!
Wow that is pretty incredible, fair play to Nadal i knew he had beaten Federer for majority of his slam but didnt know for every one
HattonWBA is offline  
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,280
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

Nadal hasn't won a slam without beating Fed along the way. 5 finals and one SF. I wonder if the trend continues.
Warrior is offline  
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Registered User
 
Collective's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 34
Posts: 557
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

It took you all this time to figure that out?
Collective is offline  
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 03:38 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 229
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

sherlock homes is turning in his grave
OSmeone is offline  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 378
                     
Re: Nadal has won 5 of his six GS titles against Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSmeone View Post
sherlock homes is turning in his grave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
It took you all this time to figure that out?
Igaarg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome