Fed's tears justified? - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: Were Fed's tears justifeid?
Yes 201 62.42%
No 121 37.58%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #361 of 368 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Registered User
 
Vida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,582
                     
Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
It's not a contradiction at all - people can at some moments control themselves and at others they can't, and can switch between them very quickly. I've been to funerals where I can hold myself together and then a stray thought or something just completely sets me off and I get very upset.

As for taking responsibility - yes perhaps he could or should have said something in reference to his distress, I don't know. I'm pretty reluctant to tell people how they should feel or how they should show it - while displays of raw emotion can be uncomfortable it doesn't necessarily make it wrong either. What I think was the problem here is that it did end up taking the focus away from Rafa, and I think it is still doing so. Rafa did an amazing thing to win the Australian, winning two five set matches back to back in the last two rounds, playing nearly 10 hours in those two matches with 1 day of rest between, and to a degree I think Roger's reaction has taken too much focus away from that. That's where I'm coming from in all this - that it should really all be about Rafa's win, not Roger's loss.
Nice piece of verbal gimnastics there.... oh, well... doesn't matter, as MTK said, is all matter of opinion. Perhaps the only thing we really differ here is the tone, or basically the harshness-level of critique. Fed can cry all he whats as far as Im concerned, not the first time Ive seen him do it. Just that this one I found really bad since even now that he lost he managed to ruin it somehow and make it all about himself again. Nothing new though one can really wonder whats gonna happen next time he loses GS finals to Nadal. Cheers.

reliability...
Vida is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 368 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Registered User
 
Melly Flew Us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: stanning for mike
Posts: 47
                     
Re: Fed's tears justified?

federer's tears were justified because he lost more than a tennis match that day and the loss will reverberate for some time to come.

but i wasn't moved by the emotion and i wasn't impressed with the duration of the episode.
Melly Flew Us is offline  
post #363 of 368 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,439
                     
Re: Fed's tears justified?

Are Nadal's apologies justified?

Seriously, I wish Rafa would stop apologizing to Roger every time he beats him. I don't see Roger apologizing to anybody when he rips their dreams apart. In fact in his mind he's doing them all a favor by putting them out of their misery.

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline  
post #364 of 368 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 378
                     
Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Are Nadal's apologies justified?

Seriously, I wish Rafa would stop apologizing to Roger every time he beats him. I don't see Roger apologizing to anybody when he rips their dreams apart. In fact in his mind he's doing them all a favor by putting them out of their misery.
But that is something that Rafa has to stop doing. I think he is afraid of seems like a bad guy or something. You can´t apologize when you defeat someone, tennis is about defeating other guys.
But it´s fine, Rafa started the year in an amazing way, and some Roger´s tears wont change that.

Pd: Roger for example apologize Del Potro at least two times after winning because saw him affected.
Igaarg is offline  
post #365 of 368 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Registered User
 
Svetlana.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 890
                     
Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly Flew Us View Post
federer's tears were justified because he lost more than a tennis match that day and the loss will reverberate for some time to come.

I would agree with your point if it could have been Roger's last match in his career. Does he retire anytime soon and has no other chance of wining a slam? If not, are we going to continue seeing the same kind of drama each time he looses his next slam final? I hope not because I care less about his desperation to match Pete’s record.

Svetlana. is offline  
post #366 of 368 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Registered User
 
vucina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dairich!!
Posts: 760
                     
Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Are Nadal's apologies justified?

Seriously, I wish Rafa would stop apologizing to Roger every time he beats him. I don't see Roger apologizing to anybody when he rips their dreams apart. In fact in his mind he's doing them all a favor by putting them out of their misery.
Affirmative, wtf is he apologizing for? Roger is not a little child who should cry when someone breaks his favorite toy. Nadal is beating him for his own good. He should thank him.
vucina is offline  
post #367 of 368 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Registered User
 
AlexNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 177
                     
Re: Fed's tears justified?

The tears are justified, it just shouldn't have happened during the trophy ceremony though.

Go to the locker room pretending to change shirts and cry there as they are setting up the podium or something. Crying on the podium not only makes you look weak, but also ruins the moment for nadal cause he has to go console roger and act all proper lest he be raked over the coals for being unsportsmanlike even though fed was being unsportsmanlike here.
AlexNYR is offline  
post #368 of 368 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered User
 
q.j.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City Wok
Posts: 1,903
                     
Re: Fed's tears justified?

there's no need for Rafa to apologies, it's fake and unnecessary
still...


Quote:
Originally Posted by vucina View Post
Affirmative, wtf is he apologizing for? Roger is not a little child who should cry when someone breaks his favorite toy. Nadal is beating him for his own good. He should thank him.

it really seems as if those chopsticks are deeply inserted into you skull...
also do you type with them??
it looks that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Huh? Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer took 18 attempts. So what if Murray only has 1 slam final? He got there quicker than Roger. He didn't have the good fortune to play a Mark Phillipousis in his first GS final, though.
q.j. is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome