Roger is still the best where it matters - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Fly away little pigeon
 
elessar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: not on vacation
Posts: 20,460
                     
Roger is still the best where it matters

Now I know I'm a fedfan so I may be biased, but I still think that Roger actually had the best 2008 season.

The slams are pretty much all that matters in the long run and:
-Roger outperformed Nole by a margin
-it may seems strange but Roger won just as many matches as Rafa at GSs this year, I give him the edge because he's the only player to reach 3 GRAND SLAMS FINALS this year and he was suffering from mononucleosis during the only GS where he failed to reach the final. As opposed to just two for Rafa.
-I'm not even going to talk about the rest of the tour

In my opinion this proves that, even sick, on the biggest stages Roger is still the nr1 player in the world, what do you think?
elessar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Registered User
 
HarryMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,155
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters


My passion for tennis.
HarryMan is offline  
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Registered User
 
finishingmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 23,124
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

irrefutable logic
finishingmove is offline  
post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nirvana
Posts: 7,266
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

Quote:
In my opinion this proves that, even sick, on the biggest stages Roger is still the nr1 player in the world, what do you think?
Poor troling attempt.

P.S. What's the story with your siggy picture?? Is it real or photoshoped?

There an only be One Nadal
Quote:
Nadal, Roddick, Tsonga, Del Potro & Safin
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline  
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered User
 
Foxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ruse
Age: 33
Posts: 2,600
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

Roger was sick? I didn't notice. When?

06.07.08 - The Resurrection Of Tennis!
01.02.09 - Resurrection Confirmed!
06.06.10 - Phoenix Rises From The Ashes!
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline  
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,772
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

Lleyton_ is offline  
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered User
 
Crazy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I BELONG TO DADDY FEDDY
Posts: 4,386
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
Now I know I'm a fedfan so I may be biased, but I still think that Roger actually had the best 2008 season.

The slams are pretty much all that matters in the long run and:
-Roger outperformed Nole by a margin
-it may seems strange but Roger won just as many matches as Rafa at GSs this year, I give him the edge because he's the only player to reach 3 GRAND SLAMS FINALS this year and he was suffering from mononucleosis during the only GS where he failed to reach the final. As opposed to just two for Rafa.
-I'm not even going to talk about the rest of the tour

In my opinion this proves that, even sick, on the biggest stages Roger is still the nr1 player in the world, what do you think?
Even sick...yes. If in 2009 he can stand in his abitual form (entirely in health - out of mononucleosis) I've no doubt our Roger will reach the n° 1 again. In my heart he's always in that way....the sweet Rogi is a pleasure for our eyes! The biggest gift!
ciao
Crazy Girl is offline  
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:20 PM
LOL
 
federernadalfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Big Apple
Posts: 1,851
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

federernadalfan is offline  
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Registered User
 
finishingmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 23,124
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Roger was sick? I didn't notice. When?
apparently, neither did he.

they told him when it was over
finishingmove is offline  
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Fly away little pigeon
 
elessar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: not on vacation
Posts: 20,460
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
Poor troling attempt.

P.S. What's the story with your siggy picture?? Is it real or photoshoped?
It's not photoshopped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Roger was sick? I didn't notice. When?
He got sick first during the off season, but didn't know at the time what it was, then he got sick again right before the AO, lost 5 or 6 pounds and had to spend a few nights at the hospital. He felt tired during the AO but couldn't figure out why, he then got sick again in february before Dubai and that's when he learned he'd had mono (=glandular fever).

It's strange you didn't notice as I know it was talked about quite often on this board. But, between you and me, I think some people thought it was just an excuse to explain his poor results at the beginning of the year
elessar is offline  
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered User
 
HarryMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,155
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Girl View Post
Even sick...yes. If in 2009 he can stand in his abitual form (entirely in health - out of mononucleosis) I've no doubt our Roger will reach the n° 1 again. In my heart he's always in that way....the sweet Rogi is a pleasure for our eyes! The biggest gift!
ciao

My passion for tennis.
HarryMan is offline  
post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Fly away little pigeon
 
elessar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: not on vacation
Posts: 20,460
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
irrefutable logic
Are you making fun of me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Girl View Post
Even sick...yes. If in 2009 he can stand in his abitual form (entirely in health - out of mononucleosis) I've no doubt our Roger will reach the n° 1 again. In my heart he's always in that way....the sweet Rogi is a pleasure for our eyes! The biggest gift!
ciao
I agree completely
elessar is offline  
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: just touched down in london town...
Posts: 173
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

facts speak for themselves. in fact i think all top 10 spots should be reserved for roger just to illustrate the gulf between him and the rest of the tour.
Game.Set.Match.. is offline  
post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Ace Loveforty
 
scarecrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tirana, ALBANIA
Posts: 81,597
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
It's not photoshopped

He got sick first during the off season, but didn't know at the time what it was, then he got sick again right before the AO, lost 5 or 6 pounds and had to spend a few nights at the hospital. He felt tired during the AO but couldn't figure out why, he then got sick again in february before Dubai and that's when he learned he'd had mono (=glandular fever).
true dat, poor fella

let's hope in a healthy 2009

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline  
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered User
 
LinkMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Buenos Aires
Age: 29
Posts: 11,328
                     
Re: Roger is still the best where it matters

I hate to disagree with this but 2 slams > 1 slam.

End of topic.

Schweni

Lahm

Kroos :fuck you:
LinkMage is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome