January Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
February Kei Nishikori
March The decline of Roger Federer
April The return of Rafael Nadal
May Captain Robby Ginepri and the resurgance of American clay tennis
June Ernests Gulbis
July Rafael Nadal aka now the Goat
August Juan Martin del Potro
September Juan Martin del Potro
October/Nov Gilles Simon
These are the monthly award winners for 2008, but as for who will be the bandwagon player of the year.
There are some good candidates.
- del Potro, he was written off as a wasted talent, but the only player to win the award for consecutive months.
- Simon who apart from Truc, Scotso and his family had about 10 fans on this board, now he is loved.
- Federer written off as rubbish and then the collective cocksucking after he won the US Open.
- The usual Nadal grandstanding once he got on the clay and then later thinking he is the greatest of all time.
- Andy Murray while not winning the bandwagon title had solid support during the year.
- Tsonga had huge momentum after the AO and also after Bercy, but when injured forgotten about.