AUSTRALIAN tennis fans will be forgiven for having a sense of deja vu after the great white hope of the sport Bernard Tomic was hauled off the court in Perth by his father.
Echoing the sentiments of notorious tennis dad Damir Dokic, John Tomic has accused organisers of the Sorrento tournament in Perth of conspiring against his 16-year-old son.
Tomic snr accused match officials of scheming against Bernard and organisers of "fixing draws" before pulling his son out of the tennis event.
Australian Open boss Craig Tiley conceded Tomic's latest indiscretion could affect his chances of making an Australian Open senior debut in January.
Tomic was sent home from a European tour by Tennis Australia last year when their coaches deemed he had not tried his best in a loss at the French Open juniors.
The junior world No.3 was competing against fellow Australian Marinko Matisevic in round two of the Sorrento Men's International on Thursday when his father complained that foot faults were not being called.
"He was serving about 10-15cm inside the court and I said to the umpire, 'can you please watch the foot faults'," said Tomic snr, who coaches his son.
Tennis Australia has called for a report from tournament organisers into the circumstances surrounding Tomic's actions in walking off the court.
Open boss Tiley said it was "possible" the ITF's disciplinary ruling could prevent Tomic from playing at the Australian Open. He is scheduled to contest the Australian Open wildcard play-off in a fortnight in Melbourne.
"There are rules and regulations ... Bernard defaulted himself and there will be disciplinary action taken by the ITF," Tiley said last night.
"They take those steps and we wait for their judgement and we act upon them.
"It could be anything from a fine to a suspension ... suspension could be time, could be matches, could be events."
In what was an extraordinary outburst, Tomic snr later said "seven or eight" foot faults were not called in the first set.
When Tomic senior complained in the second set, the umpire issued Bernard a court violation after the outburst and handed Matisevic - who was seeded fifth in the ITF-sanctioned event - the game to make it 3-1, which brought the second round clash to an abrupt end.
"In the second set, same story," he said, referring to the uncalled foot faults.
"So I said to the umpire again, please can you watch for foot faults and he gave the game straight to the opponent.
"He said 'the top guy of umpires' who was present at the game 'was laughing at me'. There were 15 umpires sitting there just eating and drinking so they should have put more umpires on the court but they didn't. How can Bernard play when he does not have protection from the umpires?"
With no Australian player currently in the top 50, Tomic is the future hope for Australia.
The youngest boy ever to win the Australian Open junior title has previously said he wants to be No.1 by age 18. He quit school at the end of year 10 to concentrate on tennis.
"Bernard is the best prospect in the world and for Australia," his father said. "He's working very hard. He could be Australia's best player. He could play Davis Cup. But they (umpires) don't want to do honest things by him on the court."