2009 Entry Ranking Points - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Super-Fabio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 23,428
                     
2009 Entry Ranking Points



Here in the big format:
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6...gpointsql7.jpg
Super-Fabio is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Registered User
 
PiggyGotRoasted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 2,682
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

So only the winner of the YEC gets points?

Edit : Seen the small print
PiggyGotRoasted is offline  
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,367
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

Can we have a breakdown of the old points allocations posted here to make it easy to compare?
krystlel is offline  
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Super-Fabio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 23,428
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
Can we have a breakdown of the old points allocations posted here to make it easy to compare?


http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6...gpointskl9.jpg
Super-Fabio is offline  
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Registered User
 
Garson007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stellenbosch
Age: 28
Posts: 3,958
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

The rise on challengers are minimal.
Garson007 is offline  
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered User
 
kiwi10is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,415
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

and how will the 2008 points be recalculated?? I assume there might be some small changes in the ranking but the entry ranking 2008 is already in use for the first tournaments 2009
kiwi10is is offline  
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:28 PM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,848
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

This is the DC points rule:

http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medi...0_original.PDF
JMG is offline  
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 02:42 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,796
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
Well luckily it isnt THAT much points and it isnt too difficult to understand.

The minimal increase in challengers compared to the doubling of ATP events is complete bullshit though.

So the points will all be doubled at the end of 2008 and then will be "reconfigured" to the 2009 points throughout the year. All players are screwed in this manner and only the players who win events won't lose points.

Now, is it still the top 18/19 events with 5 optionals? Isn't there a requirement for top 10ers or something?

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered User
 
Garson007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stellenbosch
Age: 28
Posts: 3,958
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
Well luckily it isnt THAT much points and it isnt too difficult to understand.

The minimal increase in challengers compared to the doubling of ATP events is complete bullshit though.

So the points will all be doubled at the end of 2008 and then will be "reconfigured" to the 2009 points throughout the year. All players are screwed in this manner and only the players who win events won't lose points.

Now, is it still the top 18/19 events with 5 optionals? Isn't there a requirement for top 10ers or something?
This is my understanding, I could be wrong:

It's eight mandatory masters, if you skip one you won't be able to participate in the one you did the best in the following year. Then you have to play four 500 events, one of which is post-US Open - or you get a naught. Then there are two further optionals, which would consist out of Monte Carlo, other 500s and all 250s.
Garson007 is offline  
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered User
 
Foxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ruse
Age: 33
Posts: 2,600
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
This is my understanding, I could be wrong:

It's eight mandatory masters, if you skip one you won't be able to participate in the one you did the best in the following year. Then you have to play four 500 events, one of which is post-US Open - or you get a naught. Then there are two further optionals, which would consist out of Monte Carlo, other 500s and all 250s.
What if you are injured or smth thus you can't participate?
What about this 4x500 (1xpost-USOpen) rule? What are the sanctions. 0 points in the non-mandatories.
I easily see in Roge's and Raf's schedules they do not obey the 4x500(1xpost-USOpen)rule.

06.07.08 - The Resurrection Of Tennis!
01.02.09 - Resurrection Confirmed!
06.06.10 - Phoenix Rises From The Ashes!
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline  
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Registered User
 
Garson007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stellenbosch
Age: 28
Posts: 3,958
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
What if you are injured or smth thus you can't participate?
What about this 4x500 (1xpost-USOpen) rule? What are the sanctions. 0 points in the non-mandatories.
I easily see in Roge's and Raf's schedules they do not obey the 4x500(1xpost-USOpen)rule.
Yes, I'm assuming that they'll get a 0 in their rankings for that miss. They will be missing out on edging their ranking about with another tournament.

Edit: As for injuries, I'm sure the same will apply as if you didn't have a high enough rank to qualify for a masters.
Garson007 is offline  
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 03:24 PM
1,000 Baby!
 
nobama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jony Ive's design cave
Posts: 19,909
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

^^^
So the 4 '500' events aren't mandatory but contribute to your ranking so if you miss one or more (or don't fit one in after USO) you get zero points? Are there any other penalties for not playing 4 '500' events?

nobama is offline  
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Registered User
 
Garson007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stellenbosch
Age: 28
Posts: 3,958
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
^^^
So the 4 '500' events aren't mandatory but contribute to your ranking so if you miss one or more (or don't fit one in after USO) you get zero points? Are there any other penalties for not playing 4 '500' events?
Your guess is as good as mine, but since ATP did not advertise some penalty, one can only assume that there would not be one. Logic would dictate that, in any case.
Garson007 is offline  
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
Your guess is as good as mine, but since ATP did not advertise some penalty, one can only assume that there would not be one. Logic would dictate that, in any case.
Is it just my lacking brain function that I just can't yet see how this will all work out as of yet (if it does at all)?

The (near to non-existant) rise on the challenger points...

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 03:50 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,796
                     
Re: 2009 Entry Ranking Points

Some math:

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome