Estoril SF: Roger Federer Defeats Denis Gremelmayr 2-6 7-5 6-1
In this thread here are some ridiculously stupid posts:
take a 2 month break Roger
Davydenko will finally win against Fed tommorow
Florent Serra shouldn't have too much trouble with this mug tomorrow
If anyone was ever unclear as to the definition of a mugs match, look no further than this one.
I miss Roger
watch Davydenko destroy him tomorrow. If he isn't overwhelmed by the name "Federer" of course.
The end of the bitter Swiss is getting near...
Roger Frauderer 1981- 2008?¿?
Fedmug could get humiliated tommorrow. Similar like against Fish.
It seems that just about 99% of this forum hates Federer, why?
1. No one here will ever as close as good as him.
2. No one here will ever win a Challenger title let alone TWELVE
3. No one here will ever win 53 titles by the age of 26.
4. No one here will ever get prize money in tennis of $40 000 000, and when you take in advertising and shit, he gets about $70 000 000.
5. No one here will break Borg's record of 5 Wimbledon titles.
6. No one here has played professional tennis and knows how hard the game is and always will be.
7. No one here has ever bagelled (that means 6-0) the Clay Monster
8. No one here will ever like Federer - despite him setting up many charities and helping children everywhere, having won just about every award you can win and have houses the majority of you here dream of, no the majority of you prefer Djokovic - who bounces that ball 30 times, gets warned consistently, has no temperament, chokes, yet, Federer and Nadal (who is also hated a lot here) still consistently humiliate him.
9. No one here will know what it's like to play against Federer, the man is the greatest of all time, even questioning it now will just bite you in the ass.
10. No one here will know the feeling Djokovic got when Federer showed composure and true class to save seven
set points at the US Open final. No, no one. I bet Djokovic has nightmares of that.
Why do you hate him? Is it because he's arrogant? He's not Djokovic arrogant (Djokovic's arrogance doesn't suit him, because at best he'll be the shadow Federer is), he's friendly, he doesn't smash his racquet, swear in Spanish (Nadal) or in Serbian (Djokovic) or go mad like James Blake, no.
Do any of you take notice in how confident, optimistic and friendly he is? Has he ever insulted a tennis player, no? I did hear rumours about him saying about Djokovic.. yes, I think it was in 2006 when Federer played him in the Davis Cup, something about Djokovic cheating and faking an injury (other players would have pretty complained about Djokovic or maybe even done some more than that?), yet he still beat him 6-2 6-3 6-2.
Does he hate his rivals? No, have you ever seen him make a bad comment about Nadal? Does he ever make you angry?
Yes, he does, why?
Because every time someone approaches the net, his backhand passing shot is just too good, his forehand is amazing to say the least and his server has improved over the years.
Just remember, Roger Federer has twelve Grand Slams, he has received comments from players like Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe, Rod Laver, saying they wish they had the talent he had.
How do you eve compare his backand, forehand or serve to people like Djokovic or Nadal?
Nadal has 3 GS and they all are on clay, he will never win anything else. Djokovic has 1 GS, do people assume that Federer has 50 GS's and must play to the level of amazing every single match? No.
I am sick of you people that bash Federer for no good reason, I used to hate a player on a local tennis court a few years ago because he smashed his racquet frequently - when I met him, my opinion changed greatly. He was very nice.
^ My point from that is how can judge Federer's stereotype and attitude by watching him play? Would Federer ever reach the lowest level and talk to eccentric tennis fans like you? Hell no.
Federer - 12 grand slams, ranked number 1 sinced Feb 2004.