Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon) - Page 114 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1696 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 05:10 AM
the pirate queen.
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Well most sports fans (and thus probably tennis fans) are heterosexual males.

So I'd be surprised if they watched it for other reasons
When I go to Cincy, I see a lot of adult men there who are more interested in the beer tent than the tennis I think a lot of wealthy people go to the slams to see and be seen. Kids are always really interested and some of the older women sip champagne while watching Lopez practice, you always see a lot of regular fans of all ages and both genders, but there are always a large chunk of people who are in their late 30s, 40s and 50s, who go to tournaments to mingle with other well-to-do people than to actually watch the matches

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.

Last edited by Pirata.; 09-11-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Pirata. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1697 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 05:17 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
Yup, WTA final was better than this mugfest we saw!
GTFO. USO WTA final was garbage of the highest order. Ditto for AO/RG/W. If I want to see choking and bagel eating, I will go watch some fat guys gorging themselves on junk food in CBD.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #1698 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Registered User
 
Tutu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,155
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

"For the last few years tennis has been in a really good place. I think also on the women's side just now with Serena coming back. She's been unbelievable this year and at her age in the women's game you don't see that that often -- she's still so dominant." Preach, Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
GTFO. USO WTA final was garbage of the highest order. Ditto for AO/RG/W. If I want to see choking and bagel eating, I will go watch some fat guys gorging themselves on junk food in CBD.
The useless pushing in the men's match (54 stroke rally ) was far worse. Bye.


WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline  
post #1699 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered User
 
niff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 28
Posts: 2,289
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Stakho's twitter exploded last night, it was pretty funny.



niff is offline  
post #1700 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,270
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Nadal said today he wasn't aware there was a WTA WTF . Now, I hate the guy but he does provide some entertainment from time to time.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #1701 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 2,910
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Nadal said today he wasn't aware there was a WTA WTF . Now, I hate the guy but he does provide some entertainment from time to time.
Quote please?

GOATsol is offline  
post #1702 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,270
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Saw it on Twitter and it was translated but I guarantee it was not false .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #1703 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 12:56 AM
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 2,910
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Well, that at least gives me another reason to dislike him.

GOATsol is offline  
post #1704 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 12:58 AM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 17,434
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

I wasn't aware either, until I clicked on Istambul out of curiosity in the scoreboard and found out it was the year end event
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #1705 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,940
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Appears some former Polish ATP top 10 went to Mallorca to interview Rafa and Toni. The Radwanska/Errani match had just happened or something so the guy asked them about that. They weren't aware the WTA YEC was going on (and/or didn't know that the women even had one) and said they didn't watch it - they'd watch Federer in Basel, some of the tennis in Valencia, but women's tennis was unknown territory to them.

Don't think it's that odd that he wouldn't watch it. Why would he? Makes more sense to watch ATP if he's going to watch anything at all than to watch WTA in his spare time. Would be weirder if he didn't have any idea the WTA YEC existed, though when all's said and done I don't think ATP players really play much attention to the women's tour at all.
Ash86 is offline  
post #1706 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 2,910
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Appears some former Polish ATP top 10 went to Mallorca to interview Rafa and Toni. The Radwanska/Errani match had just happened or something so the guy asked them about that. They weren't aware the WTA YEC was going on (and/or didn't know that the women even had one) and said they didn't watch it - they'd watch Federer in Basel, some of the tennis in Valencia, but women's tennis was unknown territory to them.

Don't think it's that odd that he wouldn't watch it. Why would he? Makes more sense to watch ATP if he's going to watch anything at all than to watch WTA in his spare time. Would be weirder if he didn't have any idea the WTA YEC existed, though when all's said and done I don't think ATP players really play much attention to the women's tour at all.
Except they're obsessed with criticizing it.

GOATsol is offline  
post #1707 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,270
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Someone else said on Twitter Nadal used to argue with Ivanovic about equal prize money years ago but I am not sure where that information even came from. Still hilarious to find myself supporting Nadal on issue . I myself have not watched a single match from their YEC champs - only a point where Sharapova reached and won the point after Radwanska played a dropshot and then had a fit screaming and shouting and fistpumping to show how much it meant to her .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #1708 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 2,910
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Someone else said on Twitter Nadal used to argue with Ivanovic about equal prize money years ago but I am not sure where that information even came from. Still hilarious to find myself supporting Nadal on issue . I myself have not watched a single match from their YEC champs - only a point where Sharapova reached and won the point after Radwanska played a dropshot and then had a fit screaming and shouting and fistpumping to show how much it meant to her .
But it's ok for male tennis players to roar, fist pump, and beat their chest when they win a point...but it's not ok for women to show such emotion because it's not feminine enough.

Right.

GOATsol is offline  
post #1709 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,270
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

No use in arguing. Sharapova is disgusting, so is Azarenka and Serena (but she's calm and badass most of the time). I loved women's tennis when Kim and Henin were playing. It's a freak show nowadays.

PS No, it's not. I can't stand more than two pts of Nadulle matches but then again I'm not a fan of Djoker such as yourself .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #1710 of 1898 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 2,910
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
No use in arguing. Sharapova is disgusting, so is Azarenka and Serena (but she's calm and badass most of the time). I loved women's tennis when Kim and Henin were playing. It's a freak show nowadays.

PS No, it's not. I can't stand more than two pts of Nadulle matches but then again I'm not a fan of Djoker such as yourself .


I am a Federer and Del Potro fan. I dislike Djokovic and Nadal.

I just don't see the point of being disgusted with women showing emotion when men do the same exact thing.

GOATsol is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome