Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon) - Page 108 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1606 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Sophocles wins the thread.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1607 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,226
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
1. False premiss - they were not "universally" praised. I know for a fact that I, for one, did not praise them.

2. Invalid argument - had they been universally praised, it would not have made the decision right. It would have made it popular.
. I expect another childish reply but that's par for the course .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #1608 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Registered User
 
August's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 5,471
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Even if I'm for equal prize money, I still think it's unfair that R128 players get the same prize money even if it's easier to be World #100 for women than men. But what if women had draw of 64 in slams, I think men's World #128 is as close to World #1 as women's World #64. Then give women the same prize money on R64 as men get on R128, and give women's winner 6/7 of men's champion's prize money, as they play 6 matches instead of 7.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion | 2015 French Open Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion

My Twitter
August is offline  
post #1609 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

tipsy can have his view but he's only displaying himself to be the sexist pig he is by continously bitching about it on twitter and insulting anyone who disagrees with him
misty1 is offline  
post #1610 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 367
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
1. False premiss - they were not "universally" praised. I know for a fact that I, for one, did not praise them.

2. Invalid argument - had they been universally praised, it would not have made the decision right. It would have made it popular.
outstanding ! Don't expect Hypnotize to bow down though .. he/she will probably come back with something along the lines of "I wish you had a daughter" or "no matter what you say, it will never change", or some other red rotten herring... As for Hian, he of gifs and cherry picked stats, he will probably try to prove it was universally praised by posting Billie Jean King's and Venus' statements...
tennis elbow is offline  
post #1611 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 367
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
tipsy can have his view but he's only displaying himself to be the sexist pig he is by continously bitching about it on twitter and insulting anyone who disagrees with him
that may be true, he is not being very diplomatic about it , but maybe he is being nasty to those people who are being nasty to him first?
tennis elbow is offline  
post #1612 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,358
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
1. False premiss - they were not "universally" praised. I know for a fact that I, for one, did not praise them.

2. Invalid argument - had they been universally praised, it would not have made the decision right. It would have made it popular.
So the children have come out to play.

When I said universally praised, I meant among commentators and the media. Let's not pretend your opinion even matters on this forum of fools let alone in the wider world.
Hypnotize is offline  
post #1613 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 42
Posts: 8,991
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
So the children have come out to play.

When I said universally praised, I meant among commentators and the media. Let's not pretend your opinion even matters on this forum of fools let alone in the wider world.
Oh WOW, commentators & the media! Those beacons of truth & light. That changes everything.

P.S. Obviously the opinions of actual tennis players about, erm, tennis, don't count.

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
post #1614 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

For those of you who have had to endure this thread for a lot longer than myself, aside from Hian and Hypnotize what other idiots should I be ignoring?
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #1615 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:10 PM
King of Queens
 
Sapeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 21
Posts: 41,628
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Men at tennis >>> Women at tennis.

Best of 5 sets >>>> Best of 3 sets.

Equal pay in slams = bullshit.

ANDY MURRAY

SLAMS: 3 WINS, 8 finals, 9 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
WORLD TOUR FINALS: 3 semi-finals...
MASTERS: 12 WINS, 6 finals, 13 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
OLYMPICS: 2 gold medals, 1 silver...
DAVIS CUP: 2016 champion...
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 603-172...
TITLES: 39 and counting...
Sapeod is offline  
post #1616 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
So the children have come out to play.

When I said universally praised, I meant among commentators and the media. Let's not pretend your opinion even matters on this forum of fools let alone in the wider world.
You know what 'universal' means, right?

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #1617 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,358
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Oh WOW, commentators & the media! Those beacons of truth & light. That changes everything.

P.S. Obviously the opinions of actual tennis players about, erm, tennis, don't count.
When those players are idiots like Stakhovsky, Simon and Tisarevic then no, their opinions are not important.

Whatever you may think of the media and tennis commentators, it is them that were pushing the slams on the matter and it was them that provided all the positive coverage when it finally happened. Tennis is a business and it need to promote itself in the best light possible. It has to court the media and bow to public pressure in order to prosper. Equal prize money provided a platform to do that and tennis has shown itself to be a pioneer among sports.

You are just a nobody on a forum and that is why your opinion on equal prize money didn't prevent it happening and won't cause it to be overturned.
Hypnotize is offline  
post #1618 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,358
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
You know what 'universal' means, right?
Aww. Someone is still feeling bruised from last night.

Get over it.
Hypnotize is offline  
post #1619 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Aww. Someone is still feeling bruised from last night.

Get over it.
Huh? What happened last night?

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #1620 of 1898 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,034
                     
Re: Equal prize money debate (Rob Koenig and Tipsarevic agree with Gilles Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
When those players are idiots like Stakhovsky, Simon and Tisarevic then no, their opinions are not important.

Whatever you may think of the media and tennis commentators, it is them that were pushing the slams on the matter and it was them that provided all the positive coverage when it finally happened. Tennis is a business and it need to promote itself in the best light possible. It has to court the media and bow to public pressure in order to prosper. Equal prize money provided a platform to do that and tennis has shown itself to be a pioneer among sports.

You are just a nobody on a forum and that is why your opinion on equal prize money didn't prevent it happening and won't cause it to be overturned.
It shouldn't have happened in the first place then none of this would be going on.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome