John McEnroe please shut up - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 802
                     
John McEnroe please shut up

He is constantly up Roddick's ass. Will you just shut up and let us enjoy the match peacefully without him constantly making Roddick seem like a god or something. He is such a :retard: "Magnificent is an understatement", referring to Roddicks serve.
jbone_14 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 62
                   
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

once you win wimbledon or pull off a serve like roddicks, until then, mcenroe can say just about anything he wants, i love his commentary
Elranzo is offline  
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 802
                     
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

Too bad, because Roddick didn't win Wimbledon and I could probably beat Roddick with his 1-D game.
jbone_14 is offline  
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Registered User
 
Tennis Fool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Not on the court, obviously.
Age: 43
Posts: 8,752
                     
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

I disagree. I thought JMac was incredibly even handed. He likes Fed because he reminds him of Bjorg (one of the few of JMac's contemporaries he got along with) . He likes Roddick because...well, because he has to.
Tennis Fool is offline  
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 15
 
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

John is "a proud American" and therefore in his peanut brain "American" is the best.
I wonder if he is proud of George Bush?
spritzer is offline  
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,170
                     
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer
John is "a proud American" and therefore in his peanut brain "American" is the best.
I wonder if he is proud of George Bush?
I don't think these posts do this forum a very good service- we're here to talk about tennis, not politiking- there are plenty of other places to do that.
RonE is offline  
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 15
 
Angry Re: John McEnroe please shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonE
I don't think these posts do this forum a very good service- we're here to talk about tennis, not politiking- there are plenty of other places to do that.
What do you call John's constant beating of the "American are the superior race", if not politiking?
spritzer is offline  
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,170
                     
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer
What do you call John's constant beating of the "American are the superior race", if not politiking?
I'm not condoning that either, all I'm saying is these types of discussion leave a sour aftertaste is all.
RonE is offline  
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Registered User
 
Tennis Fool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Not on the court, obviously.
Age: 43
Posts: 8,752
                     
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer
John is "a proud American" and therefore in his peanut brain "American" is the best.
I wonder if he is proud of George Bush?
OMG, it's GeorgeWHitler's little boy
Tennis Fool is offline  
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 15
 
Smile Re: John McEnroe please shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool
OMG, it's GeorgeWHitler's little boy
Wong! George W Hitler's little boys is Dick Cheney!
spritzer is offline  
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Registered User
 
Tennis Fool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Not on the court, obviously.
Age: 43
Posts: 8,752
                     
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

Spritzer: It's an inside joke. GeorgeWHitler is a poster. You'll get to know him soon He posts around midnight since he's in Australia.
Tennis Fool is offline  
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,170
                     
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

Seriously you guys, cool it with the Hitler stuff.
RonE is offline  
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,170
                     
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool
Spritzer: It's an inside joke. GeorgeWHitler is a poster. You'll get to know him soon He posts around midnight since he's in Australia.
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying that.
RonE is offline  
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 08:16 PM
country flag Pea
Registered User
 
Pea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,938
                     
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

I guess it runs in the bloodlines.

It's enjoyable to hear mcenroe's heart break.

GoOD luCk iN 2004:
{{{Alex Corretja}}}
{{{Roger Federer}}}
{{{Janko Tipsarevic}}}
{{{Andreas Vinciguerra}}}
{{{Mikhail Youzhny}}}
(Agustin Calleri)(Hicham Arazi)(Nicolas Kiefer)(Sebastien Grosjean)(Rafael Nadal)
(Tommy Robredo)(Xavier Malisse)(Gustavo Kuerten)(Rainer Schuettler)(Fernando Gonzalez)
(Mark Philippoussis)(Gaston Gaudio)(Albert Montanes)(Ivan Ljubicic)(Mariano Zabaleta) & Many More...

FoRevEr:
{{{STEFAN EDBERG}}}
Pea is offline  
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Prague
Posts: 4,817
                     
Re: John McEnroe please shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone_14
He is constantly up Roddick's ass. Will you just shut up and let us enjoy the match peacefully without him constantly making Roddick seem like a god or something. He is such a :retard: "Magnificent is an understatement", referring to Roddicks serve.
Commentators do this all the time. About Roger Federer:

"He is God-like"
"Moves like a gazelle"
"Next Pete Sampras"

And there are many more I'm sure.
Jennay is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome