Nadal without a title since July 2007... - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 80
                     
Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Your opinions on this please!
It amazes me that he hasn't won anything at all in all this time!! ..and how the media seem to avoid that subject..
Is this the longest title drought ever experienced by a number 2 in the World? .. just wondering if anyone has some data on this?
chjossic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

He is winning one on Sunday.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,716
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
He is winning one on Sunday.

hopefully. this is the second time for such a dry spell for him. he has no titles since last July.

he holds the record for a longer dry spell then current one:

when he won a title at Indian Wells last year, it had been 11 months since he had won a title.

its a shame but that is just how it is. the man is a clay court player. he gives all he has for the clay season. this leaves him worn out--both physically and mentally--for the rest of the year.

one thing to note: all those matches on clay so tune up his ground game that and provide him enough momentum to do some damage on grass at Wimby. now last year, he had suficient left in the tank to grab a title in Stuttgart after Wimby but that was it for the year. he was the walking wounded for the rest of the year.

there is only 2 ways out of it:

1. improve fitness and improve overall game.

2. improve fitness and specialize on clay. to hell with the hard courts for they are tearing him and his knees apart. he cant beat the top guns on hard courts. guys like Djokovic, Fed, and Nalby have too much on the ball on the hard courts. they can play close to the baseline and hit balls that penetrate through the court. Even that pathetic russian coward can take the ball early on hard courts.

even the inconsistent fucks like Seppi, Tsonga, and Youzhny get the best of him on hard courts from time to time.

best thing to do is save himself and do the maximum damage on clay. play only the required events on hard courts. clay is so much easier on his knees and his body.

he has won just 1 hard court title in the last 25 months or so. meanwhile he has won 95 of his last 96 matchs on dirt. that should be sending him a clear signal. for him and given the condition of his knees, its best for him to stick to his knitting.

collecting 1 slam a year for the next 4-6 years is better than collecting no slams and having a brief career.


Last edited by Clay Death; 04-25-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Clay Death is offline  
 
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:24 AM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,192
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
hopefully. this is the second time for such a dry spell for him. he has no titles since last July.

he hold the record for a longer dry spell then current one:

when he won a title at Indian Wells last year, it had been 11 months since he had won a title.
No, it had been just over 9.
l_mac is offline  
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,716
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
No, it had been just over 9.

if you are talking about 2007, he had not won a title since Roland Garros. he won Roland Garros in 2006 and then failed to wina title until Indian Wells.

now grab a calender and see if it had been 11 months.

what you are confused about is this: he did not play Stuttgart in 2006.

check the previous post. i changed it a little. thanks.

Clay Death is offline  
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,015
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
hopefully. this is the second time for such a dry spell for him. he has no titles since last July.

he hold the record for a longer dry spell then current one:

when he won a title at Indian Wells last year, it had been 11 months since he had won a title.

its a shame but that is just how it is. the man is a clay court player. he gives all he has for the clay season. this leaves him worn out--both physically and mentally--for the rest of the year.

one thing to note: all those matches on clay so tune up his ground game that and provide him enough momentum to do some damage on grass at Wimby. now last year, he had suficient left in the tank to grab a title in Stuttgart after Wimby but that was it for the year. he was the walking wounded for the rest of the year.

there is only 2 ways out of it:

1. improve fitness and improve overall game.

2. improve fitness and specialize on clay. to hell with the hard courts for they are tearing him and his knees apart. he cant beat the top guns on hard courts. guys like Djokovic, Fed, and Nalby have too much on the ball on the hard courts. they can play close to the baseline and hit balls that penetrate through the court. Even that pathetic russian coward can take the ball early on hard courts.

even the inconsistent fucks like Seppi, Tsonga, and Youzhny get the best of him on hard courts from time to time.

best thing to do is save himself and do the maximum damage on clay. play only the required events on hard courts. clay is so much easier on his knees and his body.

he has won just 1 hard court title in the last 25 months or so. meanwhile he has won 95 of his last 96 matchs on dirt. that should be sending him a clear signal. for him and given the condition of his knees, its best for him to stick to his knitting.

collecting 1 slam a year for the next 4-6 years is better than collecting no slams and having a brief career.

If not winning tournaments on hard courts would mean stop playing tournaments all together, 90% of the ATP Tour should become clay court specialists . What kind of argument is that o weak minded one
GuiroNl is offline  
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered User
 
BlueSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 42
Posts: 2,250
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
if you are talking about 2007, he had not won a title since Roland Garros. he won Roland Garros in 2006 and then failed to wina title until Indian Wells.

now grab a calender and see if it had been 11 months.

what you are confused about is this: he did not play Stuttgart in 2006.

check the previous post. i changed it a little. thanks.
RG finished in early june 2006. Indian Wells was in march 2007. How the hell is that 11 months? That a little less than 9 months.
BlueSwan is offline  
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,716
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiroNl View Post
If not winning tournaments on hard courts would mean stop playing tournaments all together, 90% of the ATP Tour should become clay court specialists . What kind of argument is that o weak minded one

clown read the post again. i said minimize exposure to hard courts and play only the required events. rest of the tour players dont have fucked up knees and a bad foot like he does.

he had no business going to Rotterdam. complete waste of time. he won just 1 match there. doesnt do much for anybody`s confidence.

he had no business being in Dubai. knees are still troubling him. he won 2 matches there. total waste of time.

now had he gone to south america, he could pocketed a couple of titles and boosted his confidence, fitness, and his ground game. he has said a number of time that he does not run much at all during his training and that he counts on matches for some of his fitness.

Nalby was there in south america. won a title and made the finals of another one. and in the process, he got his rankings up to #7.

had Nadal followed that course, he could have derailed Fed for a little bit at the top.

Clay Death is offline  
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:39 AM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,192
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
if you are talking about 2007, he had not won a title since Roland Garros. he won Roland Garros in 2006 and then failed to wina title until Indian Wells.

now grab a calender and see if it had been 11 months.

what you are confused about is this: he did not play Stuttgart in 2006.

check the previous post. i changed it a little. thanks.
RG was in June 06. IW was in March 07.

Good to see your arithmetic is as impressive as your tennis knowledge
l_mac is offline  
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,716
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
RG finished in early june 2006. Indian Wells was in march 2007. How the hell is that 11 months? That a little less than 9 months.

roland garros started in may--may 23rd i think--and ended on june 8th.

he did not win a title again until end of march. indian wells ends on march 23rd.

looks like almost 11 months to me. it is close enough for govt. work.

Clay Death is offline  
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:46 AM
MTF. Never changes!
 
Kristen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sydney
Age: 35
Posts: 10,054
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

It doesn't bother me. I'm not a fan, nor do I dislike him. He probably has more titles than all of my favourites put together. I'm sure he'll come good.
Kristen is offline  
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:47 AM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,192
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
roland garros started in may--may 23rd i think--and ended on june 8th.

he did not win a title again until end of march. indian wells ends on march 23rd.

looks like almost 11 months to me. it is close enough for govt. work.
Yes, yes you are right.

Except RG 06 ended on June 11th. And IW 07 on March 18th. So it was 9 months and 1 week.

You're a moron
l_mac is offline  
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,015
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
clown read the post again. i said minimize exposure to hard courts and play only the required events. rest of the tour players dont have fucked up knees and a bad foot like he does.

he had no business going to Rotterdam. complete waste of time. he won just 1 match there. doesnt do much for anybody`s confidence.

he had no business being in Dubai. knees are still troubling him. he won 2 matches there. total waste of time.

now had he gone to south america, he could pocketed a couple of titles and boosted his confidence, fitness, and his ground game. he has said a number of time that he does not run much at all during his training and that he counts on matches for some of his fitness.

Nalby was there in south america. won a title and made the finals of another one. and in the process, he got his rankings up to #7.

had Nadal followed that course, he could have derailed Fed for a little bit at the top.
Clay Death calling me a clown .

If you would have read my post carefully, I wasn't trying to bash you, but go right ahead and call me names .

On topic again. Only playing the required events is still a stupid idea if you ask me. The guy has very good results on hard court, including 3 finals since Stuttgart. Sometimes it happens that you don't finish it off. Too bad, doesn't mean that you should stop trying.
GuiroNl is offline  
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Pray For Death
 
Clay Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 67,716
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
RG was in June 06. IW was in March 07.

Good to see your arithmetic is as impressive as your tennis knowledge

good to see that you are a miserable smart ass still. does june really count? so it ended on 6th instead of the 8th.

like i said, for all practical purposes, it had been nearly 11 months without a title. i did say that it is close enough for govt. work.

so it is 10 months. does it really make a difference? is is worth arguing about?

he is a #2 player in the world and for a such a player with such a high rank to go 10-11 months without a title is very unusual. especially if it keeps happening.

it is a relatively powerful indicator of his less than optimal fitness and conditioning and the lack of improvement in his overall game. injuries do not help at all.

he is basically useless after Wimbledon.

as for my tennis knowledge, you are nothing compared to me. need i remind you that you are nothing but a hopeless fangirl with little or no objectivity.

Clay Death is offline  
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:02 AM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,192
                     
Re: Nadal without a title since July 2007...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
good to see that you are a miserable smart ass still. does june really count? so it ended on 6th instead of the 8th.
It ended on the 11th. Like I said in my previous post :retard:

Quote:
like i said, for all practical purposes, it had been nearly 11 months without a title. i did say that it is close enough for govt. work.

so it is 10 months. does it really make a difference? is is worth arguing about?
It was 9 months and 1 week. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

Quote:
it is a relatively powerful indicator of his less than optimal fitness and conditioning and the lack of improvement in his overall game. injuries do not help at all.

he is basically useless after Wimbledon.

as for my tennis knowledge, you are nothing compared to me. need i remind you that you are nothing but a hopeless fangirl with little or no objectivity.
Oh noes! You've found me out
l_mac is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome