Tsonga's family in Congo - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 86
                     
Tsonga's family in Congo

Please, my Spanish is awful. Can anyone translate this story about Tsonga's family in Congo?

tsonga1.jpg

Source: www.fuebuena.com.ar

Thanks!!
Jorbaty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 11:01 PM
Registered User
 
avocadoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,591
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

Sorry, I can't read Spanish but thanks for the picture, Jorbaty a picture is worth a thousabd words or so they say
avocadoe is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Registered User
 
Alex999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 11,581
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

I love that pic. Thank you.
Alex999 is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Registered User
 
TMJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,682
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

Great Pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcempire View Post
Suck SUCK

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Registered User
 
+alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 26
Posts: 14,125
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

Let me see. I'll give my two cents.


"The crowd of Tsonga" something like that.

L'Equipe, The best sports newspaper of the world, has the advantage of sending a journalist to Pointe-Noire, Congo, just to know How the family of the father of Jo-Wilfred follow the AO final.

This is the way We met the grandpa Alphonse [second from the left], uncle Faustin [forth in the pic], and "Beuverie Tsonga", the bar that the family owns in the neighbourhood of Tie-Tie. Alphonse, 83 years old, just know the "little" Jo-Wilfried by pictures. "I have nine children and about 30 grandsons, it is impossible to me remembering all the names", Says.

During the Australian Open week, He saw for the first time a tennis match.


His son, Didier, father of Jo-Wilfried, is the responsible of having started a sport career in the family, He was one of the best handball players in the 70's for the "Black Devils" of the city of Brazaville.

"One day, Didier told me that the education conditions here were awful and wanted to try some luck in France. We waited for a scholarship which never appeared, and I decided to pay the travel to Le Mans, I don't know why there.", says Alphonse. There, Didier met Evelyn, a french lady.

"When you see him on-court, You realise that Jo looks the same as Didier but in white", says his uncle.

The day of the final, Faustin got a phone call from Chérubin Kodia, Sports Minister. The president Sassou Nguesso wanted the phone number of Jo-Wilfried, to wish him luck. But It was late, within less that half and hour the final was going to start.

The entire city followed the Tsonga matches via TV o "Francia Internacional" Radio, the most heard radio of the french speaking countries in Africa. But it occurred a problem in the day of the final: There was a blackout programmed from 7hrs to 17hrs. So people had to go looking for a power generator and sat TV.


They found it in the house of the cousin Jean-Honoré Mouanga, in the Songolo neighbourhood. The signal wasn't that clear but it wasnt a problem for the family to meet and enjoy with Jo-Wilfried. Alphonse, ex- from the Equatorial French Africa, wore the same clothes He uses to go to church.


Alphonse couldn't understand the punctuation system, say the jounalist, but anyway He enjoyed when his grandson hit the ball hard and pumped himself. "¡¡I love that!!", yelled when Jo hit 3 aces. "¡¡Stop with this kid, Look at the hot Tsonga!!", said when Eurosport showed a Rafael Nadal commercial.


Before the end, when Jo was about to lose, there was a new blackout. The family went out looking for another place with power generator, but it was late: Minister Charles Bakari Boao called Faustin and told him about the loss.
Sent by the president, Boao told him to organizate the arrival of Tsonga to congo.

"Although He lost, We have to organizate this trip, Big brother", said, "We can't leave it all to France".

Didier and his daughter Sarah already have booked a ticket for February 15, but They want Jo also, who has never landed in Congolean? floor. Of course, the tennis calendar make it hard but who knows?. It would be a huge gift for Alphonse, who has only seen him in pictures.



On Tuesday at 7 o'clock, Jo arrived to Paris and gave a interview in Roland Garros. In the indoor courts of the complex where Richard Gasquet, amelie Mauresmo and Fabrice Santoro were practising, but almost 100 journalist who were there just only cared for the new Ali. Next week, Jo will play DC in Rumania.




Beautiful story!

Gaudio º Gonzalez, F º Massu º Murray º Thiem º Nalbandian º Nishikori º Wawrinka

Last edited by +alonso; 02-01-2008 at 03:49 PM.
+alonso is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Registered User
 
Federerhingis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Age: 33
Posts: 15,172
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

Quote:
Originally Posted by +alonso View Post
Let me see. I'll give my two cents.


"The crowd of Tsonga" something like that.

L'Equipe, The best sports newspaper of the world, has the advantage of sending a journalist to Pointe-Noire, Congo, just to know How the family of the father of Jo-Wilfred follow the AO final.

This is the way We met the grandpa Alphonse [second from the left], uncle Faustin [forth in the pic], and "Beuverie Tsonga", the bar that the family owns in the neighbourhood of Tie-Tie. Alphonse, 83 years old, just know the "little" Jo-Wilfried by pictures. "I have nine children and about 30 grandsons, it is impossible to me remembering all the names", Says.

During the Australian Open week, He saw for the first time a tennis match.


His son, Didier, father of Jo-Wilfried, is the responsible of having started a sport career in the family, He was one of the best handball players in the 70's for the "Black Devils" of the city of Brazaville.

"One day, Didier told me that the education conditions here were awful and wanted to try some luck in France. We waited for a scholarship which never appeared, and I decided to pay the travel to Le Mans, I don't know why there.", says Alphonse. There, Didier met Evelyn, a french lady.

"When you see him on-court, You realise that Jo looks the same as Didier but in white", says his uncle.

The day of the final, Faustin got a phone call from Chérubin Kodia, Sports Minister. The president Sassou Nguesso wanted the phone number of Jo-Wilfried, to wish him luck. But It was late, within less that half and hour the final was going to start.

The entire city followed the Tsonga matches via TV o "Francia Internacional" Radio, the most heard radio of the french speaking countries in Africa. But it occurred a problem in the day of the final: There was a blackout programmed from 7hrs to 17hrs. So people had to go looking for a power generator and sat TV.


They found it in the house of the cousin Jean-Honoré Mouanga, in the Songolo neighbourhood. The signal wasn't that clear but it wasnt a problem for the family to meet and enjoy with Jo-Wilfried. Alphonse, ex- from the Equatorial French Africa, wore the same clothes He uses to go to church.


Alphonse couldn't understand the punctuation system, say the jounalist, but anyway He enjoyed when his grandson hit the ball hard and pumped himself. "¡¡I love that!!", yelled when Jo hit 3 aces. "¡¡Stop with this kid, Look at the hot Tsonga!!", said when Eurosport showed a Rafael Nadal commercial.


Before the end, when Jo was about to lose, there was a new blackout. The family went out looking for another place with power generator, but it was late: Minister Charles Bakari Boao called Faustin and told him about the loss.
Sent by the president, Boao told him to organizate the arrival of Tsonga to congo.

"Although He lost, We have to organizate this trip, Big brother", said, "We can't leave it all to France".

Didier and his son Sarah already have booked a ticket for February 15, but They want Jo also, who has never landed in Congolean? floor. Of course, the tennis calendar make it hard but who knows?. It would be a huge gift for Alphonse, who has only seen him in pictures.



On Tuesday at 7 o'clock, Jo arrived to Paris and gave a interview in Roland Garros. In the indoor courts of the complex where Richard Gasquet, amelie Mauresmo and Fabrice Santoro were practising, but almost 100 journalist who were they just only cared for the new Ali. Next week, Jo will play DC in Rumania.




Beautiful story!
Ah caray, ya hasta nos saliste traductor. Es mas hasta suenas a reportero, considerala como una alternativa como carrera en serio. je je je

Como estas amigo?

How's it going, take care, see you aroud.

Do not accuse a man for no reason—
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"


So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Registered User
 
Alex999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 11,581
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

I just hope that Tsonga will stay strong.
Alex999 is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Registered User
 
Veronique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,597
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

Thank you so much, Alonso. I was born on the other side of the Congolese river, but I'm just as proud of Jo. Great story!
Veronique is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Registered User
 
Saumon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 26,749
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

Quote:
Originally Posted by +alonso View Post
Didier and his son Sarah already have booked a ticket for February 15, but They want Jo also, who has never landed in Congolean? floor. Of course, the tennis calendar make it hard but who knows?. It would be a huge gift for Alphonse, who has only seen him in pictures.
daughter

Saumon is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered User
 
+alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 26
Posts: 14,125
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
daughter
, Ouch, Thanks Saumon

Yes, Daughter ;o.

Gaudio º Gonzalez, F º Massu º Murray º Thiem º Nalbandian º Nishikori º Wawrinka
+alonso is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered User
 
binkygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,274
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

I hope he goes to see his family in the Congo. That would be awesome.


Why can't all guys be this sexy?

Member of the MTF pervert squad

Partygirl rules!!

best MTF thread ever - tangerine_dream is a bully
binkygirl is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,161
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

Thanks Alonso for the translation.

Yes, the tennis score system is very confusing. My own mother stil doesn't quite understand it.

I hope JW can visit his relatives in Congo one day.

PAW Career High: 1

Winner:2012 Madrid, 2011 Rome, 2009 Delray Beach, Montreal 2008 Toronto, 2007 New Haven, 2005 St. Petersburg

TT Singles Career High: 7
TT Doubles Career High: 4


Singles Winner: 2010 Bucharest, 2007 Indian Wells
Doubles Winner: 2012 San Jose, Queens (w/hallso) 2011 Los Angeles (w/hallso)
njnetswill is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 03:08 AM
Registered User
 
GustavoM_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Athens
Posts: 18,579
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo



Tsonga`s father is the guy in the right...

who is the Tsonga`s mother?? the center woman? looks good

Gustavo Marcaccio David Nalbandian Jo-Jo Tsonga Marcos Baghdatis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 03:35 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 27
Posts: 9,871
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

No, the one on the left.

______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 03:54 AM
Registered User
 
GustavoM_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Athens
Posts: 18,579
                     
Re: Tsonga's family in Congo

looks a bit shy...

who is the woman in the center?

Gustavo Marcaccio David Nalbandian Jo-Jo Tsonga Marcos Baghdatis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome