Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life. - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Andi-M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheffield
Age: 29
Posts: 5,998
                     
Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

After his def to Tsonga everyone was proclaiming he's overrated he'll never make it. Lost to a mug etc etc.

In truth he was just extremely unlucky. Had Nadal drawn Tsonga in the 1st round he would have lost too.

Muzza will move on from this and i believe will have an amazing 2008!

Go Andy!

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,171
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

I had the same thought only I'm afraid Andy's not really feeling much happier about his loss.

FAN OF THE BEAUTY
MariaV is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:07 PM
country flag t0x
Registered User
 
t0x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wales (=
Posts: 1,619
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Murray will still be very disappointed with the loss, but yes, he could of hoped for a better draw.

If he wants to win slams, he has to beat 'hot streak' players though.

Federer Express Passenger #163

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~
un pour tous, tous pour un

Others: Safin - Tursunov - Gonzalez - Berdych - Ancic - Johansson - Youzhny - Cilic - Henman - Karlovic - Mahut
t0x is offline  
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered User
 
Metis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,480
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Murray View Post
After his def to Tsonga everyone was proclaiming he's overrated he'll never make it. Lost to a mug etc etc.

In truth he was just extremely unlucky. Had Nadal drawn Tsonga in the 1st round he would have lost too.

Muzza will move on from this and i believe will have an amazing 2008!
That's one of those 'what if' statements that I think are a waste of time to dwell on. We don't know if Tsonga would have played in the 1st round the way he played today against Nadal. His performance and confidence today built up after a series of good wins against several opponents.
Metis is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Andi-M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheffield
Age: 29
Posts: 5,998
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0x View Post
Murray will still be very disappointed with the loss, but yes, he could of hoped for a better draw.

If he wants to win slams, he has to beat 'hot streak' players though.
True.
But for a top-ten player in the 1st round its very rare you'll meet someone of such high quality.

Still I know more than anyone Muzza has to prove he can do it at a big tournie and soon.

Go Andy!

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Registered User
 
Stensland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,227
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
His performance and confidence today built up after a series of good wins against several opponents.
exactly the point i tried to make in several threads as well: a guy like tsonga desperately needs confidence to go for shots. and he wasn't confident going into the match vs. murray as he just lost vs. nieminen and seppi.

nadal would've worn tsonga down if he had met him in round 1, i'm absolutely sure about that.
Stensland is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,606
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Murray's a head case, and doesnt even come near the talent of a guy like Tsonga. I heralded a while ago this kid promised gr8 things, and Im glad I was proved right. Now Tsonga is gonna be the new measuring stick of how far players have progresed when they face him.
anousleshommes@h is offline  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anousleshommes@h View Post
Murray's a head case, and doesnt even come near the talent of a guy like Tsonga. I heralded a while ago this kid promised gr8 things, and Im glad I was proved right. Now Tsonga is gonna be the new measuring stick of how far players have progresed when they face him.
I like what Tsonga does and how well he does it, but unfortunately I'm starting to wish he'd have a major letdown after this just so you will dry up.

You're like a yappity little shitty dog barking and crapping over every thread.

You've made 169 posts so far, 25% of them have been slagging other players off, 25% of them having been praising Tsonga to the heavens like he's the second coming of Christ, and in the other half, you have been doing both at the same time.

I think I speak for many when I say: Give it a rest and calm down.

We get it.

He's good.

He's done some awesome things this event.

Time will tell how good he can be, so give it a chance.

For the sake of the collective sanity of MTF GM, I implore you.
scoobs is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,170
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post

For the sake of the collective sanity of MTF GM, I implore you.


And you can look at my signature to see just how "sane" your average MTF GMer is these days
RonE is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,263
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Murray View Post
After his def to Tsonga everyone was proclaiming he's overrated he'll never make it. Lost to a mug etc etc.

In truth he was just extremely unlucky. Had Nadal drawn Tsonga in the 1st round he would have lost too.

Muzza will move on from this and i believe will have an amazing 2008!
Yes, keep telling yourself that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline  
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Registered User
 
Stensland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,227
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I like what Tsonga does and how well he does it, but unfortunately I'm starting to wish he'd have a major letdown after this just so you will dry up.

You're like a yappity little shitty dog barking and crapping over every thread.

You've made 169 posts so far, 25% of them have been slagging other players off, 25% of them having been praising Tsonga to the heavens like he's the second coming of Christ, and in the other half, you have been doing both at the same time.

I think I speak for many when I say: Give it a rest and calm down.

We get it.

He's good.

He's done some awesome things this event.

Time will tell how good he can be, so give it a chance.

For the sake of the collective sanity of MTF GM, I implore you.
amen!
Stensland is offline  
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 6,071
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

well today Tsonga played way better than against Murray...
ReturnWinner is offline  
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,606
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnWinner View Post
well today Tsonga played way better than against Murray...
Not only that, even fed would have been mince meat at the other end.
Im not in love in Tsonga, I praise him because I HAVE STUCK WITH THIS KID SINCE 2005 when I first discovered him. I tried to find out more about him, read his sad life story, watched him at queens, and now he's a revelation, HE DESERVES ALL THIS PRAISE. Whether you like it or not, the kid's got talent and is here to stay, and u gonna have to reckon with him... and me!!
anousleshommes@h is offline  
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anousleshommes@h View Post
Not only that, even fed would have been mince meat at the other end.
Im not in love in Tsonga, I praise him because I HAVE STUCK WITH THIS KID SINCE 2005 when I first discovered him. I tried to find out more about him, read his sad life story, watched him at queens, and now he's a revelation, HE DESERVES ALL THIS PRAISE. Whether you like it or not, the kid's got talent and is here to stay, and u gonna have to reckon with him... and me!!
Yeah well...people like you come...and they go again...

It's all just a little bit of history repeating.
scoobs is offline  
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered User
 
my0118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,697
                     
Re: Muzza must be feeling a bit better about life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anousleshommes@h View Post
Not only that, even fed would have been mince meat at the other end.
Im not in love in Tsonga, I praise him because I HAVE STUCK WITH THIS KID SINCE 2005 when I first discovered him. I tried to find out more about him, read his sad life story, watched him at queens, and now he's a revelation, HE DESERVES ALL THIS PRAISE. Whether you like it or not, the kid's got talent and is here to stay, and u gonna have to reckon with him... and me!!
What's about it?

The mind sees what it wants to see
my0118 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome