Del Potro defeats Massu 6/7 (5) 7/6 (3) 6/3... only 2 hours 40 minutes - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 407
                     
Del Potro defeats Massu 6/7 (5) 7/6 (3) 6/3... only 2 hours 40 minutes

Nico wasted a MP and lots of BP... so this should be the end of the season for him. I bet he's not gonna remember 2007 with pleasure ... congrats for JMDP!

_________________________
"Familia del Tenis Chileno", thank you very much
_________________________
Gastón atendé el teléfono!!! VAMOS GASTON!
_________________________
Allez Fabrice!!
_________________________
Hail to the leftys - Nadal - Verdasco - Nieminen - Muller - Lopez - Koubek - Llodra - Melzer
krakenzero is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Registered User
 
LocoPorElTenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,605
                     
Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

21 aces for JMDP who went unbroken. Nico . I like them both so it's too bad only one could qualify for the main draw. Good luck in the tournament Juan Martin!
LocoPorElTenis is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Good effort but Nico, but as usual for this season, he couldn't pull out a tight match.

Good luck to JMDP in the main draw!!!!
NicoFan is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Doesn't matter. Massu will probably make the main draw anyway.
Jimnik is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:08 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Doesn't matter. Massu will probably make the main draw anyway.
Why? Doesn't he have a 1/6 chance, given that LL is drawn randomly? Or has the draw already been made and he is first LL?
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered User
 
Jimnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 20,932
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljuba Truba! View Post
Why? Doesn't he have a 1/6 chance, given that LL is drawn randomly? Or has the draw already been made and he is first LL?
My guess is there'll be about 5675768956 LLs.
Jimnik is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Doesn't matter. Massu will probably make the main draw anyway.


I don't think that many guys will withdraw.
NicoFan is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljuba Truba! View Post
Why? Doesn't he have a 1/6 chance, given that LL is drawn randomly? Or has the draw already been made and he is first LL?
Only the GS do it randomly. The ATP does it on ranking.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Registered User
 
stebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 11,530
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayoMassa skadad View Post
Only the GS do it randomly. The ATP does it on ranking.
Are you sure? I was under the impression the rules were changed earlier this year so that it is random.

Champions deserve whatever they win playing within the laws of the game
stebs is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
Are you sure? I was under the impression the rules were changed earlier this year so that it is random.
Well the King got into Madrid and he was the highest seed in the qualies that lost.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

I was at that match - just popped back to the Hotel for a coffee because it's sooooo cold in there. The court is built over an Ice Rink and that match was too long to sit there - I'm frozen! Massu actually played better than I had expected him too - gave us JMDP supporters more than a few scary moments. He just seemed to lose concentration/focus a little in the end. I don't think he really believed in himself or the fact he could win the match. JM played well though and served better than usual. Now time to thaw out.

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Registered User
 
stebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 11,530
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayoMassa skadad View Post
Well the King got into Madrid and he was the highest seed in the qualies that lost.
You may well be right. However, King getting in is certainly not conclusive proof, just because the highest ranked can get in doesn't mean it is always the highest ranked to get in.

I thought I heard somewhere that from now on the four highest ranked losing qualifiers would have a name drawn out of a hat to see who gets the spot.

Champions deserve whatever they win playing within the laws of the game
stebs is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered User
 
Renaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,055
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post

I thought I heard somewhere that from now on the four highest ranked losing qualifiers would have a name drawn out of a hat to see who gets the spot.
It's only for Grand Slam

~♠ Lisnardaire(s) ~
un pour un, un pour un

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered User
 
stebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 11,530
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaudb View Post
It's only for Grand Slam
Thanks for the clarification.

Champions deserve whatever they win playing within the laws of the game
stebs is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:41 PM
In hiding.
 
SloKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 19,111
                     
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
You may well be right. However, King getting in is certainly not conclusive proof, just because the highest ranked can get in doesn't mean it is always the highest ranked to get in.

I thought I heard somewhere that from now on the four highest ranked losing qualifiers would have a name drawn out of a hat to see who gets the spot.
Lucky losers get drawn in ITF events, i.e. slams, whereas it's still based on rankings in ATP events.
SloKid is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome