Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!! - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: How long will Henman last against Coria?!!
Less than 1:00hr - (Is that possible?!!! I hope for his sake it doesn't happen!) 0 0%
1:01hr - 1:15hr 0 0%
1:16hr - 1:30hr 2 5.13%
1:31hr - 1:45hr 5 12.82%
1:46hr - 2:00hr 3 7.69%
2:01hr - 2:15hr 6 15.38%
2:16hr - 2:30hr 7 17.95%
2:31hr - 2:45hr 6 15.38%
2:46hr - 3:00hr 4 10.26%
More than 3:00hr - (Vote here if you dare!) 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

Well this will go down a treat with the Argentine tennis fans! Anyway - members of the British press drew lots to predict how many games Rusedski would get off Verdasco, so i think it is time to predict how long Henman will last against Coria!

Why not predict how many games he will get as well...and if you are really bold, the number of sets he migh win!




By submitting this thread, i am not giving up on his chances of beating Coria...and no one can persuade me to!!!
Horatio Caine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

hey jez

Tim can win this match , just drop shot coria to death, then lob
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude
hey jez

Tim can win this match , just drop shot coria to death, then lob

Hey Escude! Yeah that is good - but i wouldn't be surprised if Coria had springs fitted into his shoes to reach for the smashes! I'd say Henman is going to be smashed I just hope the poor man gets more than 2 games in each set cos as i said before, he is either going to win a close battle in 3 or 4 sets or he will be anniliated. No middle ground and no 5th set i don't think. Tim!!!!
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 127
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

Coria might come nervous, because let's face it, Henman has NOTHING to lose.

It might be an upset if it gets tights, but I doubt Henman will get that far. Hope he does.
CanadianBoy18 is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered User
 
Aleksa's Laydee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: *dreams of sweden*
Age: 28
Posts: 24,588
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

ok henman realistically will win 12 games i reckon but no set sorry but hes playin coria lol


Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Registered User
 
gina_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 200
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

Er I'm gunning for Coria and I don't like Henman but he'll put up something.

And playing at the net isn't going to be so easy, coria is fast. really fast.
gina_ is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

off course its 99.9% likely for a coria win, but that little 0.1 % is what one must cling on too , if tim can find ways to hold his serve alot, maybe try and frustrate coria, cos every1 has coria to win, all the pressure is on his little shoulders

plus did anyone notice the quickness of the chatrier court, looked speedy compared to the other court henman was on V Llodra
and if tim loses, so what ? means more time to recup for the Queens event on grass, cos if tim did make the french final, i doubt he'd play queens, thus jeopordising his wimbledon chances
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude
off course its 99.9% likely for a coria win, but that little 0.1 % is what one must cling on too , if tim can find ways to hold his serve alot, maybe try and frustrate coria, cos every1 has coria to win, all the pressure is on his little shoulders

plus did anyone notice the quickness of the chatrier court, looked speedy compared to the other court henman was on V Llodra
and if tim loses, so what ? means more time to recup for the Queens event on grass, cos if tim did make the french final, i doubt he'd play queens, thus jeopordising his wimbledon chances

Do you think he will play Queen's anyway? He will have to play at the latest Wednesday next week which is not a long break, considering how successful his clay season as a whole has been. I'm not sure whether he'd want to risk re-injuring his shoulder or anything. Besides, the Nottm people were reserving a WC for him in the hope that he would decide to go there this year. Maybe he will play Nottm instead? What do you guys think?
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

OK - don't like either of them much, though prefer Tim to Coria. I think lots of people have been doing Tim a great disservice though - he has got nothing to lose, - he has played and fought tremendously well in his previous RG matches (I was at a few of them last week), and he will mainly have the crowd on his side. I'm not predicting that he will win, but I think it could be closer than a lot of people think - Tim will take at least 1 set of the ghastly "El Mago" I think.

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,402
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez
Do you think he will play Queen's anyway? He will have to play at the latest Wednesday next week which is not a long break, considering how successful his clay season as a whole has been. I'm not sure whether he'd want to risk re-injuring his shoulder or anything. Besides, the Nottm people were reserving a WC for him in the hope that he would decide to go there this year. Maybe he will play Nottm instead? What do you guys think?
I think he'll definitely play Queen's. It's close to home for him, and he'd probably be practising there anyway. I guess if he lost early he might play in Nottingham, but I expect he'll do quite well at the Stella as usual. Doesn't take much for him to go from clay to grass really. Coria is the one who might have some difficulties with that IMO.
jtipson is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Buenos Aires
Age: 25
Posts: 13,830
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

If right before RG started I would have told you all that Henman was gonna beat Coria in the semifinals, would have you believed it?
I don't think so.
Coria's too much (on clay) for him. Okay, he beated a few no ones and then reached QF and beated Chela (who's not a threat at all). But does that mean that he can beat Coria?
If Henman had beated.. I dunno, Moya maybe in the QF then I'd reconsider his possibilities of winning a bit more. But let's face it, he had an easy draw.

Umm anyway, the match'll probably last 1 hour and 40 minutes.. or a bit more but i'm not sure if it'll reach the 2 hours.
Carito_90 is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

yes i think he'd definetely play Queens, cos they have the reputation as the best grass courts in the world (sampras, hewitt and those guys have all said this at some stage), perfect prep for Wimbledon, and tim never seems to play the week before a slam anymore

mind you if he got to the french final, then beat nalbandian in 5 sets, id settle for him to have a nice 2 week rest

come on tim tomorrow! befuddle him! (as Mcenroe would say)
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtipson
I think he'll definitely play Queen's. It's close to home for him, and he'd probably be practising there anyway. I guess if he lost early he might play in Nottingham, but I expect he'll do quite well at the Stella as usual. Doesn't take much for him to go from clay to grass really. Coria is the one who might have some difficulties with that IMO.
have you noticed in tim's best runs at queens seems to be the years he does best at wimbledon

finals queens- sf wimbledon
sf queens- qf wimbledon, all the years i remember tim doing poorly at queens, he's done "average" at wimby, like 2000.
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude
yes i think he'd definetely play Queens, cos they have the reputation as the best grass courts in the world (sampras, hewitt and those guys have all said this at some stage), perfect prep for Wimbledon, and tim never seems to play the week before a slam anymore

mind you if he got to the french final, then beat nalbandian in 5 sets, id settle for him to have a nice 2 week rest

come on tim tomorrow! befuddle him! (as Mcenroe would say)

yeah - As his name suggests (Coria) - make him run Tim, and then put him away!
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Let's have some fun! - Predict how long Henman will last against Coria?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude
have you noticed in tim's best runs at queens seems to be the years he does best at wimbledon

finals queens- sf wimbledon
sf queens- qf wimbledon, all the years i remember tim doing poorly at queens, he's done "average" at wimby, like 2000.

Yeah - i have always thought that his performance at Queen's dictates exactly what he will do at Wimbledon and that is exactly why i think that when, and if, he wins Queen's he will win Wimbledon. It seems to be some sort of fate.
Horatio Caine is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome