Henman vs. Coria - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 13,139
                     
Henman vs. Coria

Straight set victory for Coria or biggest win of Henman's clay-court career....

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Anyone who says any player has no chance against Dolgopolov is clearly trolling.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: East England
Posts: 29
 
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus
Straight set victory for Coria or biggest win of Henman's clay-court career....
it will be close, Henman is playing some phenomenal tennis at the moment, I've gone off Coria as he doesn't wear the barricades anymore, he wears Golf shoes on court. It depends all upon how well Tim plays. If he plays well and gets into the net off GOOD balls he can win, but coria is very consistent and confident on clau so it could go either way.

One thing to say: DON'T MISS IT FOOLZ!
tennisathlete is offline  
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 13,139
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

The Barricade 3 is tres cool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Anyone who says any player has no chance against Dolgopolov is clearly trolling.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline  
 
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 181
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Coria in 3 sets. Henman is easier than Moya, and Coria is in his best moment.

No way Henman could beat him
Jinx is offline  
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:34 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Refer my new thread (which will be very popular among Willie and Carito etc!!!) for my argument that Henman can beat Coria and reach the final.
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 13,139
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

I believe Henman can beat Coria. Why? You can't discount Timmy "The Hustler" Henman's game on clay! His strokes are great, his volleys are the best in game, and his confidence couldn't be higher.

Henman has the best volleys on the tour. Henman has great feel and reflexes much like the slazenger insignia that is painted on his racquet(a cat). Henman's ROS is great on clay and has worked very well for him over the last couple weeks. Henmans groundies are as consistant and menacing as ever, they are probably the most underated on the tour just because everyone does look at his volley skills so much.

Just remember, you doubters, you don't get to the semis of any Slam by sucking on that surface, infact you have to be pretty damn good on the stuff....good enough to beat the best clay courter on the tour...we'll have to watch the match to find out!
Go Timmy "The hustler"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Anyone who says any player has no chance against Dolgopolov is clearly trolling.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline  
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered User
 
BaselineSmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sopot
Age: 34
Posts: 1,477
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus
I believe Henman can beat Coria. Why? You can't discount Timmy "The Hustler" Henman's game on clay! His strokes are great, his volleys are the best in game, and his confidence couldn't be higher.

Henman has the best volleys on the tour. Henman has great feel and reflexes much like the slazenger insignia that is painted on his racquet(a cat). Henman's ROS is great on clay and has worked very well for him over the last couple weeks. Henmans groundies are as consistant and menacing as ever, they are probably the most underated on the tour just because everyone does look at his volley skills so much.

Just remember, you doubters, you don't get to the semis of any Slam by sucking on that surface, infact you have to be pretty damn good on the stuff....good enough to beat the best clay courter on the tour...we'll have to watch the match to find out!
Go Timmy "The hustler"!!
Henman "The Hustler"? I like it. He should be named this every clay court season from now on...
BaselineSmash is offline  
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: East England
Posts: 29
 
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
Coria in 3 sets. Henman is easier than Moya, and Coria is in his best moment.

No way Henman could beat him
OMFG you don't know shit. Henman easier than Moya, in your dreams. I while a go yeah, but not know, Henman is playing way better. I ask you may demented friend, where Henman is ranked and where Moya is ranked?
tennisathlete is offline  
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Registered User
 
TheBoiledEgg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: in Woop Woop Land
Posts: 17,684
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Coria can do things with the ball you can only dream about

he's 10 times faster than Chela, and bringing Coria into net wont be as effeictive
also Coria can pass on both sides in his sleep

he also returns 10 times better than Chela.

Henman will have to play like today and only 5-10 times better to have a hope.
TheBoiledEgg is offline  
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 13,139
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

meh, calm down Tennisathlete...it's obvious that you are new here. People say crazy biased crap here...it's the norm...the rest of us see it and laugh...you should too

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Anyone who says any player has no chance against Dolgopolov is clearly trolling.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline  
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Registered User
 
TheBoiledEgg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: in Woop Woop Land
Posts: 17,684
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisathlete
OMFG you don't know shit. Henman easier than Moya, in your dreams. I while a go yeah, but not know, Henman is playing way better. I ask you may demented friend, where Henman is ranked and where Moya is ranked?
Carlos ranked 5
Henman #9

your point ???
TheBoiledEgg is offline  
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisathlete
OMFG you don't know shit. Henman easier than Moya, in your dreams. I while a go yeah, but not know, Henman is playing way better. I ask you may demented friend, where Henman is ranked and where Moya is ranked?
While I don't share your ire, I agree that Henman will likely be tougher than Moya. Coria said it himself - he knows how to play Moya. In fact, apparently he also said that he'd rather have played Moya in Monte Carlo instead of Schuettler

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 08:00 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Havok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Age: 32
Posts: 9,460
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Coria should win, and Coria will win. I won't bother waking up early to watch this match

Andy Roddick.Fernando Verdasco.Richard Gasquet.Tommy Haas





Havok is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 08:01 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
Carlos ranked 5
Henman #9

your point ???
OK - take this then!! Henman will leapfrog both Ferrero and Moya in the rankings now. Coria has to deal with Henman being provisionally 4th in the entry rankings if Nalbandian loses to Guga tomorrow. What's your point?
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: Henman vs. Coria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez
OK - take this then!! Henman will leapfrog both Ferrero and Moya in the rankings now. Coria has to deal with Henman being provisionally 4th in the entry rankings if Nalbandian loses to Guga tomorrow. What's your point?
I don't think that COria cares much what Henmans ranking is, somehow

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome