Why Federer gets easier schedule? - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 244
                     
Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I can recall, Federer (almost) always gets one extra day to rest on master series tournaments (and often on GS tournaments too) by playing his first match day before (most) other players. In Madrid we have same situation. He will play on tuesday, then he will have one day off in the following five days. Other players (except Murray and Haas) need to play five days in a row in order to win tournament, and I think it could be nice advantage to have one extra day to rest somewhere in between. Wouldn't it be more fair if all seeded players have to start on wednsday? Ok, it is not possible in Madrid because there are only two courts, but on outdoor tournaments it is definitely possible. And even if it is not, they should use some kind of draw to decide who will play one day earlier, because somehow Federer always finds himself playing one day earlier (or maybe I am wrong?).

p.s. this thread is not directed against Roger, but against people who are making such silly schedule in order to earn more money from tickets, without considering fact that they are blowing tournament out of balance to some degree.
Grunge is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Fan of Mugs
 
Allure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,424
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Another Serbian complaining about Federer.
Allure is offline  
post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Registered User
 
R.Federer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,821
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

He is an old man, he needs the help.
R.Federer is offline  
post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Ace Loveforty
 
scarecrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tirana, ALBANIA
Posts: 81,809
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I can recall, Federer (almost) always gets one extra day to rest on master series tournaments (and often on GS tournaments too) by playing his first match day before (most) other players. In Madrid we have same situation. He will play on tuesday, then he will have one day off in the following five days. Other players (except Murray and Haas) need to play five days in a row in order to win tournament, and I think it could be nice advantage to have one extra day to rest somewhere in between. Wouldn't it be more fair if all seeded players have to start on wednsday? Ok, it is not possible in Madrid because there are only two courts, but on outdoor tournaments it is definitely possible. And even if it is not, they should use some kind of draw to decide who will play one day earlier, because somehow Federer always finds himself playing one day earlier (or maybe I am wrong?).

p.s. this thread is not directed against Roger, but against people who are making such silly schedule in order to earn more money from tickets, without considering fact that they are blowing tournament out of balance to some degree.
yes, you are wrong

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline  
post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 244
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
Another Serbian complaining about Federer.
Ummmmmm, what my nationality have to do with this topic? I like Federer very much, as well as Nadal and couple of other players (Baghdatis, Canas, Moya...and players from my country ofcourse ), but I am just trying to talk about something I dont like in the way schedule is made.
For example, if Nadal, Davidenko, Djokovic... are always playing one day earlier this thread would be named "Why Nadal, Davidenko, Djokovic get easier schedule?".
Grunge is offline  
post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Nice Troll/ACC attempt, mate.



Okay, I admit, I think the Fed Guy truly has a relatively easy draw this time, quite NOT the case with his beloved Main Rival, who surely has a few Bumps on the Road ahead of him.
Hope the both of them will be able to make it to the final!

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age; 10-15-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 244
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
yes, you are wrong
Ok, then I am sorry. I probably didn't notice it correctly and I apologise. Mods can delete this thread if they want.
Grunge is offline  
post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Registered User
 
Rogiman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,484
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Slowly but surely, the Serbs are losing it.

And Novak's career has hardly begun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhne View Post
It's a sport after all and while it is very important for the players, the only reason they make money (and I mean tennis as a whole) it's because it's entertainment for us, the fans. So if we're watching, I rather watch something that pleases the eye, who gives a shit if a BOSS hotass model takes 5 more seconds in geting the ball to the player in Madrid? I'd rather wait those extra 5 seconds seeing those boobies bounce than watching some fatass kid burn away his bigmac meal.

I don't know, call me old fashioned but I like women
Rogiman is offline  
post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 244
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuster View Post
Nice Troll/ACC attempt, mate.

[/IMG]

Okay, I admit, I think the Fed Guy truly has a relatively easy draw this time, quite NOT the case with his beloved Main Rival, who surely has a few Bumps on the Road ahead of him.
Hope the both of them will be able to make it to the final!
This was not troll attempt. I didn't complain on draw mate, I hope you read my post But it doesn't matter any more, seems like I was wrong
Grunge is offline  
post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 244
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogiman View Post
Slowly but surely, the Serbs are losing it.

And Novak's career has hardly begun...
Lol, and I thought only people in Serbia pay too much attention on someone's nationality. Seems like we are not that much different at all...which is bad thing in this case
Grunge is offline  
post #11 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
This was not troll attempt. I didn't complain on draw mate, I hope you read my post But it doesn't matter any more, seems like I was wrong
No problem, dear! Thanks for pointing me out. You´re entirely right.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #12 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered User
 
Rogiman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,484
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
Lol, and I thought only people in Serbia pay too much attention on someone's nationality. Seems like we are not that much different at all...which is bad thing in this case
Just a few months ago you could hardly find any Serb around these forums, now the place is flooded. Don't you think people will comment...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhne View Post
It's a sport after all and while it is very important for the players, the only reason they make money (and I mean tennis as a whole) it's because it's entertainment for us, the fans. So if we're watching, I rather watch something that pleases the eye, who gives a shit if a BOSS hotass model takes 5 more seconds in geting the ball to the player in Madrid? I'd rather wait those extra 5 seconds seeing those boobies bounce than watching some fatass kid burn away his bigmac meal.

I don't know, call me old fashioned but I like women
Rogiman is offline  
post #13 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 244
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogiman View Post
Just a few months ago you could hardly find any Serb around these forums, now the place is flooded. Don't you think people will comment...?
But that is normal situation mate. Tennis in Serbia is very popular theese days, mainly because of Novak, Jelena and Ana. Their success generates much more people on tennis forums than before. But that doesn't mean that people here didn't watch tennis before, they (most of them) just didn't have reason to write about it. I registered here few months ago, but I am sure I am following tennis longer than many members who came here years before me. I still remember days when Chang beated Lendl with that sneaky "underarm" serve, when Monika and Graf was great rivalry, when Brugera was my favourite tennis player...
Ok, I admit I didnt know how to calculate ATP ranking points before Nole showed up, but I didnt't really need it back then
Grunge is offline  
post #14 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nouvelle France
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I can recall, Federer (almost) always gets one extra day to rest on master series tournaments (and often on GS tournaments too) by playing his first match day before (most) other players. In Madrid we have same situation. He will play on tuesday, then he will have one day off in the following five days. Other players (except Murray and Haas) need to play five days in a row in order to win tournament, and I think it could be nice advantage to have one extra day to rest somewhere in between. Wouldn't it be more fair if all seeded players have to start on wednsday? Ok, it is not possible in Madrid because there are only two courts, but on outdoor tournaments it is definitely possible. And even if it is not, they should use some kind of draw to decide who will play one day earlier, because somehow Federer always finds himself playing one day earlier (or maybe I am wrong?).

p.s. this thread is not directed against Roger, but against people who are making such silly schedule in order to earn more money from tickets, without considering fact that they are blowing tournament out of balance to some degree.
You are totally right, Federer is their new baby so they have to be nice with him, he is a star and the tournement would lost alot of atmosphere if he lose in the beginning. So his popularity gives him privileges which in turn gives tournement organisers more $$$. Even if that's totally unfair for other players.
BalkanBoy is offline  
post #15 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Age: 37
Posts: 75
                     
Re: Why Federer gets easier schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I can recall, Federer (almost) always gets one extra day to rest on master series tournaments (and often on GS tournaments too) by playing his first match day before (most) other players. In Madrid we have same situation. He will play on tuesday, then he will have one day off in the following five days. Other players (except Murray and Haas) need to play five days in a row in order to win tournament, and I think it could be nice advantage to have one extra day to rest somewhere in between. Wouldn't it be more fair if all seeded players have to start on wednsday? Ok, it is not possible in Madrid because there are only two courts, but on outdoor tournaments it is definitely possible. And even if it is not, they should use some kind of draw to decide who will play one day earlier, because somehow Federer always finds himself playing one day earlier (or maybe I am wrong?).

p.s. this thread is not directed against Roger, but against people who are making such silly schedule in order to earn more money from tickets, without considering fact that they are blowing tournament out of balance to some degree.
Don't even think of questioning anything in relation to Federer. You will be trashed and told you are a troll. He's god on here.
anny12 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome