who's made the tennis rules that...? - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
mashamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the top of nice's mountains!!
Age: 26
Posts: 6,242
                     
who's made the tennis rules that...?

who the fuck has made the rules that allows djokovic spend 20-25 seconds,bouncing the ball 30-35 time on each serving point and disallows nadal wasting 10-15 secs matching socks and picking pants?
i remember at least 10 times watching nadal's matches and umpires immediately give a warning ti him for spending 15 secs behind each serve point...but also remember watching nole spending at least 20-25 secs bouncing ball 30-33 times on break points but still no body warns him!!!?
is there any logical reason for this difference?

VAMOS RAFA!


Roddick | Gulbis | Devvarman | Robredo | Haas | Hewitt | Dimitrov | Djokovic


PAW Rank: # ?? (As of Jan. 31)
mashamaniac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 12:19 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
JustJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bristol, England
Age: 27
Posts: 2,765
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

There is no logical reason for them allowing Djokovic to spend so much time in between points...

There is also no logical reason for the allowing Nadal the same courtesy. [He also regularly takes 20-25 secs between points.]

Your prejudice is not discreet...

Last edited by JustJames; 10-13-2007 at 01:01 PM.
JustJames is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,303
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

When the hell do they ever warn Nadal?

Hardly ever, when he should be warned constantly.
Burrow is offline  
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
mashamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the top of nice's mountains!!
Age: 26
Posts: 6,242
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

i have the tape of wimbly match between rafa-toad when nadal spent exactly 14 secs for serve and umpire warned him...the other one,between nadal-ljubicic in FO 06 and nadal wasted 17 secs and faced a serious warning,
instead have many tapes of nole spending 26-29 secs for serve for many times in a match and no body even complained over that??

VAMOS RAFA!


Roddick | Gulbis | Devvarman | Robredo | Haas | Hewitt | Dimitrov | Djokovic


PAW Rank: # ?? (As of Jan. 31)
mashamaniac is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 12:29 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
JustJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bristol, England
Age: 27
Posts: 2,765
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashamaniac View Post
i have the tape of wimbly match between rafa-toad when nadal spent exactly 14 secs for serve and umpire warned him...the other one,between nadal-ljubicic in FO 06 and nadal wasted 17 secs and faced a serious warning,
instead have many tapes of nole spending 26-29 secs for serve for many times in a match and no body even complained over that??
He received those warnings not due to that one episode but because of the countless times he reached above and beyond the time limit previous to the warning..
JustJames is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 12:32 AM
country flag Fee
Registered User
 
Fee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northern California.
Posts: 17,866
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

Nole's ball bouncing is part of his service motion, it does not count as part of the time used. He varies the number of times he bounces the ball and no chair umpire is going to warn him in the middle of his motion. Nadal does his routine before he starts his motion and that's why he can get into trouble for it.

This has been discussed before so don't be surprised if this thread gets combined into one of the older ones on this same topic.

Best twitter posts of the epic match:

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.



Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 12:33 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
JustJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bristol, England
Age: 27
Posts: 2,765
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Nole's ball bouncing is part of his service motion, it does not count as part of the time used. He varies the number of times he bounces the ball and no chair umpire is going to warn him in the middle of his motion. Nadal does his routine before he starts his motion and that's why he can get into trouble for it.

This has been discussed before so don't be surprised if this thread gets combined into one of the older ones on this same topic.
Ah interesting.. I didn't know the reason behind that. Merci Fee..
JustJames is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Fan of Mugs
 
Allure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,424
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

Both Nadal and Djokovic are tools.
Allure is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

I find my head bobbing up and down watching it sometimes, like im being hypnotized by him.
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,734
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
I find my head bobbing up and down watching it sometimes, like im being hypnotized by him.
It makes my eyes glaze over. Maybe that's the secret to Nole's success.
cmurray is offline  
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 03:26 AM
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashamaniac View Post
who the fuck has made the rules that allows djokovic spend 20-25 seconds,bouncing the ball 30-35 time on each serving point and disallows nadal wasting 10-15 secs matching socks and picking pants?
i remember at least 10 times watching nadal's matches and umpires immediately give a warning ti him for spending 15 secs behind each serve point...but also remember watching nole spending at least 20-25 secs bouncing ball 30-33 times on break points but still no body warns him!!!?
is there any logical reason for this difference?
Nadal takes a minute to serve in every BP. Don't be a clown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
Both Nadal and Djokovic are tools.
True.
GlennMirnyi is offline  
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 03:55 AM
Fan of Mugs
 
Allure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,424
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Nadal takes a minute to serve in every BP. Don't be a clown.



True.
He takes that long to serve to give his opponents time to go to the bathroom. He's a nice guy.
Allure is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 04:05 AM
Registered User
 
Aerion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 82
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

Nadal also takes extra time to pick at his pants....
So it evens out...

Quote:
"In the field of sports you are more or less accepted for what you do rather than what you are."
Althea Gibson
Aerion is offline  
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 04:06 AM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

Raffy needs that time to pull his panties out of that special butt of his, anything that keeps him happy

Corey Feldman is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,741
                     
Re: who's made the tennis rules that...?

Both shouldn't spent that much time.
groundstroke is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome