Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs Gasquet & Murray [tankers]#~status-quo? - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
CmonAussie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fukuoka
Age: 38
Posts: 4,618
                     
Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs Gasquet & Murray [tankers]#~status-quo?

#########
*********

RAFA Nadal
12 big titles
finals won/lost: 23/5 = 82%

NOLE Djokovic
2 big titles
finals won/lost: 6/3 = 67%


____________________________
RICHIE Gasquet
0 big titles
finals won/lost: 5/5 = 50%

ANDY Murray
0 big titles
finals won/lost: 2/4 = 33%




~~~do you guys/gals agree with me that these 4-players can basically be divided into two groups now: warriors vs. chokers

Last edited by CmonAussie; 10-18-2007 at 10:10 PM.
CmonAussie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

I don't know.

But you can be sure that, until the end of time, stupid threads will continue.

It's quite a comforting thought, actually.
scoobs is offline  
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

We already have a thread on these groups of youngsters.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Registered User
 
stebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 11,530
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Wait and see. You don't class players as chokers when they are still 21 and especially when you look at Murray he doesn't really have that much of a history of choking and you are confusing the term choking with big match play and they are different things.

Champions deserve whatever they win playing within the laws of the game
stebs is offline  
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
CmonAussie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fukuoka
Age: 38
Posts: 4,618
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
Wait and see. You don't class players as chokers when they are still 21 and especially when you look at Murray he doesn't really have that much of a history of choking and you are confusing the term choking with big match play and they are different things.

Murray choked away a few matches...
06 Washington final [vs. Clement]
07 Doha final [vs. Ljubicic]
07 AO Rd.4 [vs. Nadal]
07 Metz final [vs. Robredo]


***anyway in the thread title I asked the question "will it continue..?" [of course i know he`s young]
CmonAussie is offline  
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kazakstan-- hakuna matata country
Posts: 25,627
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Neither Gasquet, nor Murray are chokers... They might be tankers though

I'd say it's the opposite-- when Richie starts winning, he plays better No matter how much I dislike Murray, he is a fighter in my opinion Just bad temper and ugly behavior

As to numbers... well, all children grow up differently
gulzhan is offline  
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 4,144
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Why calling Nadal and Djokovic warriors while Gasquet and Murray - chokers? Nadal also lost a match holding matchpoint
Adler is offline  
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Registered User
 
stebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 11,530
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmonAussie View Post
Murray choked away a few matches...
06 Washington final [vs. Clement]
07 Doha final [vs. Ljubicic]
07 AO Rd.4 [vs. Nadal]
07 Metz final [vs. Robredo]


***anyway in the thread title I asked the question "will it continue..?" [of course i know he`s young]
Almost all players that don't have big serves end up losing a lot of matches from in front because when their level drops they fall away and for the record how did Murray choke against Robredo? His level dropped and he lost, he didn't choke. Nor did he choke against Clement, he lost to a better player on the day. Your arguments seem random, nonsensical and most of these threads are knee-jerk rubbish. Learn what a choke is and then start talking about it.

Champions deserve whatever they win playing within the laws of the game
stebs is offline  
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
CmonAussie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fukuoka
Age: 38
Posts: 4,618
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler View Post
Why calling Nadal and Djokovic warriors while Gasquet and Murray - chokers? Nadal also lost a match holding matchpoint

Nadal wouldn`t lose finals to the likes of Robredo, Clement, Ljubicic
CmonAussie is offline  
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered User
 
KaxMisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 1,451
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmonAussie View Post
Murray choked away a few matches...
06 Washington final [vs. Clement]
07 Doha final [vs. Ljubicic]
07 AO Rd.4 [vs. Nadal]
07 Metz final [vs. Robredo]


***anyway in the thread title I asked the question "will it continue..?" [of course i know he`s young]
What the fuck? How was that match a choke? Unless all losses are chokes -and they're not -, you have no valid point (and you don't!). :retard:
KaxMisha is offline  
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:13 PM
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
 
Rafa = Fed Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 5,067
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler View Post
Why calling Nadal and Djokovic warriors while Gasquet and Murray - chokers? Nadal also lost a match holding matchpoint
Murray and Gasquet haven't won any big titles.

Nadal has won countless. Djokovic won 2 this year.

So you tell me who are the champs and who are the chumps.

The ATP deserves a better class of player, and I'm gonna give it to 'em - Djoker

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009


Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline  
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Registered User
 
KaxMisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 1,451
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
Almost all players that don't have big serves end up losing a lot of matches from in front because when their level drops they fall away and for the record how did Murray choke against Robredo? His level dropped and he lost, he didn't choke. Nor did he choke against Clement, he lost to a better player on the day. Your arguments seem random, nonsensical and most of these threads are knee-jerk rubbish. Learn what a choke is and then start talking about it.
Word!
KaxMisha is offline  
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Murray didn't choke or has choked in any of the finals he has lost. Momentum shifts happen in tennis and will continue to do so.

Difference between outplayed and clear choking. Another one who doesn't know the meaning of the word choke.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
CmonAussie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fukuoka
Age: 38
Posts: 4,618
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa = Fed Killa View Post
Murray and Gasquet haven't won any big titles.

Nadal has won countless. Djokovic won 2 this year.

So you tell me who are the champs and who are the chumps.

thanks mate
atleast someone else understands my perfectly obvious point
CmonAussie is offline  
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
CmonAussie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fukuoka
Age: 38
Posts: 4,618
                     
Re: Nadal & Djokovic [warriors] vs. Gasquet & Murray [chokers]~~ will it cont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayoMassa skadad View Post
Murray didn't choke or has choked in any of the finals he has lost. Momentum shifts happen in tennis and will continue to do so.

Difference between outplayed and clear choking. Another one who doesn't know the meaning of the word choke.

okie dokies
we`re talking semantics here
anyway i`ll change the title of the thread from `chokers` to `tankers`~ still the message is the same
CmonAussie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome