I was looking for some information on Marcelo Rios so I decided to search it on Wikipedia and look what I found.
Ríos' career has been marked by a number of controversies.
* He was fined US$10,000 for speeding during the 1998 Stuttgart tournament.
* At the 2000 Summer Olympics, he had been selected as Chile's standard-bearer for the opening ceremony, but refused to parade at the last minute, arguing that the Chilean Olympic Committee (Coch) had left his parents without promised tickets for the ceremony. Nicolás Massú took his place.
* In a confusing incident, he ran over his physical trainer, Manuel Astorga, with his jeep, leaving him gravely injured at the foot. Astorga was later fired as trainer.
* After a magazine published some photos of him dancing seductively with a woman at a Paris disco, his girlfriend Giuliana Sotela broke up with him. Later, during a Davis Cup press conference, he read a letter, asking Sotela for forgiveness. He ended the press conference in tears.
* He was accused by his second wife, Eugenia Larraín, of throwing her off of his car while visiting his daughter in Costa Rica. Larraín arrived to Santiago's airport in dramatic fashion, on a wheelchair and showing multiple bruises on her legs (he said those bruises were caused by falling while skiing).
* He was arrested in Rome in 2001 after he punched a taxi driver in the nose and then had a fight with the policemen arresting him.
* [B]In 2003, he urinated on a man in a La Serena bar's bathroom. He was later expelled from his hotel after being accused of swimming in the nude.
* In 2003 he and a friend were expelled from a Santiago bar after insulting other clients and being involved in a brawl with some waiters. Both were arrested and later released.
* His second wife, Eugenia Larraín, has said that he has undergone treatment for alcoholism.
* He reportedly told Monica Seles to move her "fat ass" while on a lunch queue, but he has denied this.
* During the Wimbledon tournament he commented that grass was for "cows and soccer" and not suitable for tennis play.
* He was disqualified from the 2000 Mercedes-Benz Cup tennis tournament in Los Angeles, California during a first round match with Gouichi Motomura of Japan and fined US$5,000 for saying "fuck you" to the chair umpire.
* He insulted a journalist under his breath during a post-match interview after she asked him whether he had Native American ancestry.