Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

So unfair one of those great players had to lose.

Congrats Andrei and Takao!
GlennMirnyi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Registered User
 
Andre♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 9,005
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

It's good that Soeda wins or Suzuki will be known as the guy who was 2-0 up to bring Japan to the World Group and lost the match.

PORTUGUESE ARMADA!!!


*JOÃO SOUSA* *GASTÃO ELIAS* *FREDERICO GIL* *PEDRO SOUSA* *RUI MACHADO*
Andre♥ is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Registered User
 
Bloodletting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,244
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Superb match to follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
this french mofo is injured 24/7
Bloodletting is offline  
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre♥ View Post
It's good that Soeda wins or Suzuki will be known as the guy who was 2-0 up to bring Japan to the World Group and lost the match.
You always have to say something negative, don't you?

What about Suzuki is the guy who almost single-handedly put Japan in the WG defeating two players more than 100 positions ahead of him in the rankings?
GlennMirnyi is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Registered User
 
*Viva Chile*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Puerto Montt, Chile
Age: 34
Posts: 5,166
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
You always have to say something negative, don't you?

What about Suzuki is the guy who almost single-handedly put Japan in the WG defeating two players more than 100 positions ahead of him in the rankings?
many people can complain to you about the same thing in this forum, including me.

A post that deserves to be on MTF Hall of Fame soon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Take that you bitch. In your face. And to top it off her son, Novak went out in the 3rd round, has been leapfrogged by Murray in the rankings and is only a little bit ahead off Juan Martin In yo face, biatch.
*Viva Chile* is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Viva Chile* View Post
many people can complain to you about the same thing in this forum, including me.
No, it's different. I don't criticise all players, I criticise players I don't like. I don't point out negative things about every match.
GlennMirnyi is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 07:42 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
dijus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 12,555
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Andrei great win!
dijus is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Congrats Andrei for coming back from 2 sets down and bad luck to Suzuki, too bad he doesn't play a full schedule these days, lots of injury problems with his shoulder.

He will have fun in the Tokyo event.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:02 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

When I was analysing this last night, I found it very hard to go with either one of them and felt that this could go down to 5 sets...so harsh that one had to lose.

Well done to Suzuki for earning that lead, but huge congrats to Pavel for such a fightback...huge pressure on him there. I feel sorry for the Japs if that is as close as they will get to winning this tie, but Romania doesn't deserve it any less.
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:04 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
What about Suzuki is the guy who almost single-handedly put Japan in the WG defeating two players more than 100 positions ahead of him in the rankings?
Saw him for the first time when he played Federer at AO 2005...to say I was impressed is an under-statement.

Suzuki
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:04 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayoMassa skadad View Post
He will have fun in the Tokyo event.
Ouch.
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljuba Truba! View Post
When I was analysing this last night, I found it very hard to go with either one of them and felt that this could go down to 5 sets...so harsh that one had to lose.

Well done to Suzuki for earning that lead, but huge congrats to Pavel for such a fightback...huge pressure on him there. I feel sorry for the Japs if that is as close as they will get to winning this tie, but Romania doesn't deserve it any less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljuba Truba! View Post
Saw him for the first time when he played Federer at AO 2005...to say I was impressed is an under-statement.

Suzuki
Great words mate. Great words.
GlennMirnyi is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Registered User
 
TMJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,682
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Wow beating Suzuki from 2 sets down in Japan on carpet.

Andrei Thanks for proving me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcempire View Post
Suck SUCK

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljuba Truba! View Post
Ouch.
I saw him play qualies that year at the Aus Open. He just goes for it and has great energy and charges the net and doesn't give a crap, but very fair.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
GlennMirnyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I'm in Porto Alegre, bitch!
Posts: 42,099
                     
Re: Pavel saves Romania - defeats Suzuki the hero 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4

Andrei.
GlennMirnyi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome