"Grand Slam Cup 2007"
I was just sitting in my comfy chair, doing nothing at all and then some memories caught me. Remember what a Grand Slam cup was? 8 guys who've done best in slams among all competing in the tour were having an extra tournament, as far as I remember with no ranking points to win, but a lot of money. Their pattern was similar to YECs. We even got some journeymen winners like David Wheaton (wondering who remembers the guy now). For this year the berths would be taken by:
1. Federer (3700)
2. Nadal (2100)
3. Djokovic (1750)
4. Davydenko (1300)
5. Roddick (955)
6. Gasquet (920) - funny to see him there, no? Roddick's collapse secured his berth
7. Haas (850) - with no points from Paris, good job Tommy
8. Gonzalez (785) - lucky one, because after AO he sucked big time
9. Ferrer (710) - should've defeated Fish @ AO and/or Verdasco @ FO, GL next time
10. Robredo (685) - started well, but no big impact on fast court tournaments
This thread was made also to remind the importance of big events, some people are funny, because see the masters in guys who win 1 or 2 MM tournaments per year but when it comes to best-of-5 matches and a stronger draw they pale in comparison to the top players. Look how this list is similar to Top 10
We may also speculate who would've won such events and how funny it would all look, considering that some of those players suck now
Last edited by Adler; 09-15-2007 at 09:49 PM.