Why Fed doesn't like Nole...
...and what had happened back in time when Switzerland played Serbia in Daviscup. Just take a look at what had been written afterwards on the official homepage of the Joker:
Novak's father Srdjan Djokovic: "Federer scared!"
Novak Djokovic is indignant at the way Roger Federer accused him! While out tennis player, following great battle in Geneva, congratulated the Swiss on victory with a handful of compliments, world's best player improperly stated that Djokovic had been misusing medical time outs and that his injuries had been "funny".
- Novak is appalled by what Federer said and still cannot believe that Swiss tennis player accused him in such a disgraceful manner. To put it bluntly, Novak was speechless – said the father of our best tennis player, Srdjan Djokovic. – Roger's statement reveals that he is, in fact, a great player but a humble, very humble person!
Srdjan Djokovic underlines that Novak never abused a medical time out.
- Anyone who knows my son or anyone who has seen him on court at least a few times, is aware of the fact that he is a true sportsman. Novak is currently the only tennis player in the world who applauds when the opponent wins a beautiful point! There's no room for talk about pretences, since he injured his crutch in the match against Stanislas Wawrinka on Friday, but despite that he gave it his best shot against Federer. People seem to forget that Novak is still very young and that difficult, marathon matches represent an immense effort for him.
The father of our tennis player pinpoints the reason why the Swiss accused Novak.
- Basically, Federer was afraid! He is well aware of the fact that Novak will soon reach the very top, that he'll be No. 1 on the ATP list and that is the reason behind his scandalous statements. Even after the match in Geneva, Novak approached Federer to give him a sportsman's hug and to congratulate him, but he looked away!
Since Federer gave his statements, the Djokovic family found it difficult to read the writings of national media.
- Believe me when I say that Novak cried when he had read the reports in our papers. During those three days, he fought vigorously for our country, and came back to read insults in printed and electronic media, which focused on Federer's unfair allegations, leaving out the play of our national team – Srdjan Djokovic expressed his bitterness.
NOVAK No. 1
Srdjan Djokovic is mostly bothered by the fact that nobody stood up for Novak.
- Neither the Tennis Association, nor the journalists, no one defended Novak. I fear that many will regret this. We are obviously left to ourselves, but despite that, Novak will be world's best tennis player – says Srdjan Djokovic.
Translated by Marija Novkovic