Mens Tennis Forums banner

Europe/Africa Group II Play-off: Estonia at Bulgaria (April 5-7, 2013)

4K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  dinkulpus 
#1 ·
Date: 05 Apr - 07 Apr 2013
Venue: TC Lokomotiv Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Start times:
Surface: Clay (Red Clay), Outdoor
Ball: Head ATP

I think we should take it, our player are better on clay, Grigor shouldn't have any problem with everyone no matter on surface, if he decide to come. It's pity that they choose Plovdiv, so I should travel 150km if decide to watch matches. Matches should start early because there aren't lights on this courts :wavey:

#2 ·
Re: Europe/Africa Group II Play-off Estonia at Bulgaria (April 5-7, 2013)

Plovdiv is also a beautiful city!

If Zopp plays, Bulgaria can still lose 2-3 again ;)

#3 ·
i dont understand why this tie will be in Bulgaria, and not in Estonia ??? Bulgaria lost at home last tie, Estonia played away in Ireland, and now they will play again away tie ??? These teams had only 1 meeting before, and in 1997 this tie was in BULGARIA !!!! So now it MUST BE IN ESTONIA !!! now we have stupid situation when bulgaria will play 2 ties at home, and estonia will play both away. this system is a joke.

#4 ·
The last match between Bulgaria and Estonia doesn't count for location since it was played at Group III where there is no home condition. That only counts during head2head (Group II, I and WG series).

#6 ·
The bulgarian team will be: Alexander Lazov (#490), Dimitar Kuzmanov (#555), Tihomir Grozdanov (#729) and Valentin Dimov (#955). Without Grigor and Zopp looks like it will be a close match and hopefully we manage to stay in the second group. Good luck!

#8 · (Edited)
why is Toto playing this tie? He is maybe thje only one form our team who is not a clay cort player 1:(
I don't understand our coach, really? Toto Grozdanov has to play doubles only, as he'd had to play in the previous tie with Finland, but instead the coach put that clay corters Lazov and Kuzmanov and we lost. WTF?
I hope that works anyway!
Good luck, Toto!

match is live here:
http://tv.bnt.bg/bntworld/

#9 ·
Toto takes the first set 6-4 :) Hopefully he will win this match, because IMO that will be one of the deciding matches :)

#13 ·
No rain. The estonian guy asked for a medical timeout :eek:

#18 ·
Bulgaria 2-0 Estonia :)

Tihomir Grozdanov def. Vladimir Ivanov 6-4 6-1 6-3
Dimitar Kuzmanov def. Markus Kerner 6-2 6-1 6-2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.