• Andy Roddick

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • Igor Andreev

Votes: 15 23.8%

The Russian vs. Roddick

1K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  NYCtennisfan 
#1 ·
Okay, so it's Igor Andreev :devil:

These two have never played before. Do you think IA has any chance?

#2 ·
Tennis Fool said:
Okay, so it's Igor Andreev :devil:

These two have never played before. Do you think IA has any chance?
If his return game is good than yes, but I havent seen him play so I cant tell

#6 ·
Jennay said:
I haven't seen much of Andreev, but if Andy can lose sets to Bracciali, who knows. :retard:
Anyone can lose sets to someone who's going for broke on just about anything and keeping the shots in the court. ;)

I'm saying Andy in three close sets.

#7 ·
Bracciali's grass results are actually a lot better than Andreev's.

#9 ·
Igor can be such a good player when he wants to be but he's damn inconsistent. As much as I love him, I'm going for Andy on this one ;) I think Igor's only decent result on grass came at last years Queens, he got to QF beating Agassi along the way :cool:

#10 ·
Andreev has a solid serve, but Roddick's serve is much better. Andreev has a better forehand. Both have sucky backhands. Roddick will probably win on experience. but you never know with Andreev.. After all, he was the only player this year to beat the future king of grass on his favourite surface.. :lol:

#12 ·
ys said:
Andreev has a solid serve, but Roddick's serve is much better. Andreev has a better forehand. Both have sucky backhands. Roddick will probably win on experience. but you never know with Andreev.. After all, he was the only player this year to beat the future king of grass on his favourite surface.. :lol:

Are you sure Andreeve has a better forehand?

#13 ·
I was just about to say the same thing.:lol: I highly doubt Igor's forehand is superior to Roddick's. Roddick in straights if he stays away from being a dick. If he can't, then he can easily go the distance once again.

#14 ·
Roddick should win, but how about the growth spurt from Igor?

He's come along way since the start of the year, but he's not ready and doesn't have near the serve to compete with Roddick.

He's a small guy but you see backhands like Gaudio, Bracciali from small players. I can't judge in that aspect.

Roddick in straight sets seems reasonable.

Andreev might survive from the ground due to the speed, and can get lucky in a tiebreak.

#15 ·
Naldo said:
I was just about to say the same thing.:lol: I highly doubt Igor's forehand is superior to Roddick's. Roddick in straights if he stays away from being a dick. If he can't, then he can easily go the distance once again.
:eek: Critical words about Duck from the Nation! Where's the real Naldo and put this imposter :eek: (No wonder I haven't seen him in a while ;) )

#17 ·
My first chance to finally see the talented Igor! :bounce: This could be another tight one; lots of ill-timed errors from Roddick so far in this tournament.

#18 ·
nkhera1 said:
Are you sure Andreev has a better forehand?
For grass? Yes. For hardcourts, I would not be so sure. You must have seen Roddick's matches at W - his forehand is ineffective, he is not hitting many or even any winners of it. He is not capable of combining pace and topspin (same reason, why his forehand is a rubbish shot for claycourts ). Andreev is.

#19 ·
NATAS81 said:
Roddick should win, but how about the growth spurt from Igor?

He's come along way since the start of the year, but he's not ready and doesn't have near the serve to compete with Roddick.

He's a small guy but you see backhands like Gaudio, Bracciali from small players. I can't judge in that aspect.

Roddick in straight sets seems reasonable.

Andreev might survive from the ground due to the speed, and can get lucky in a tiebreak.
Erm... Andreev is a small guy? Since when? :shrug: He's slender but is very well toned, and he's easily 6' :confused:

Perhaps I misunderstood you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.