Mens Tennis Forums banner

China, US, France, UK and Russia

1K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Jimnik 
#1 ·
All five of these countries are permanent members of the UN Security Council. They'll continue to be permanent members, regardless of how bad the political and economic health of the respective nations become.

Which country do you trust the most?

#2 ·
obvously China and Russia you can put about 0% trust in

UK is sort of a mess

US in the past has been much more glorified and respectable, obviously that has been fading....

maybe France?

honestly it's a very tough decision, all of these nations are relatively corrupt (much like any nation on the planet) and first and foremost out for themselves

at this point (and I know I will sound biased based on my flag) I would still say the US

no matter how much dumb shit they do with policing the world and being seriously obsessed with themselves, the United States gives more aid and wastes more of its own money and value on helping other countries than any other place on the planet. that's a fact

#4 ·
obvously China and Russia you can put about 0% trust in

UK is sort of a mess

US in the past has been much more glorified and respectable, obviously that has been fading....

maybe France?

honestly it's a very tough decision, all of these nations are relatively corrupt (much like any nation on the planet) and first and foremost out for themselves

at this point (and I know I will sound biased based on my flag) I would still say the US

no matter how much dumb shit they do with policing the world and being seriously obsessed with themselves, the United States gives more aid and wastes more of its own money and value on helping other countries than any other place on the planet. that's a fact
Surely you mean in total numbers. Relative to their Gross Domestic Product, they're not even in the top 15. Which kind of undermines your claim that they're the ones to be trusted the most.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_governments_by_development_aid

Especially considering your country's habit of completely ignoring the UN's mandates and starting disastrous and bloody wars for bad or flat-out made up reasons. Quite a funny way of "helping other countries more than any other place on the planet".

#5 ·
B-nard, do we get anything in return for your free education on politics? Are you sleeping in class? :lol:

#6 ·
Right, because MTF is such an intelligent and reliable place to get answers to political questions. :eek:

#9 ·
Why not?

#12 ·
Does this mean you're going to nuke me?

#15 ·
Dictablanda? What a beautiful word.

#20 ·
You're good at making no sense.

Leave this thread.

#21 ·
France.

Britain's too confused. Commonwealth, EU, 51st state, Scotland holding a referendum on independence Sept'14... GCHQ attempting & succeeding in collecting online & telephone data - a British government agency's treatment of their own, bulldog-stasi.
China - Unknown quantity.
Russia - Not remotely. Possibly in a few generations.
USA - Personally I have no major reason to not trust* the US. Unlike the citizens from many countries across the globe though, Britain hasn't fought against them since the early 19th century.
* I trust blood relatives (most of them) & my bf only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.