The Official PAW Rules + Supplement - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Senior Member
 
shotgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,570
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frooty_Bazooty View Post
I dont think conditional picks should be allowed, they show really poor gamesmanship.

picks are meant to be written player A over player B - there shouldnt be a story after each one.
I agree, and I think there should also be a limit for changing your final pick, to avoid "personal battles". For example:

player A has 100 points, 1 pick left
player B has 99 points, 1 pick left

player A: XX def. YY
player B: YY def. XX
then player A: replace XX def. YY by YY def. XX
and so on...

I think there should be a rule stating that once your final pick has been posted, it cannot be changed/cancelled/replaced, unless of course, it's an invalid pick.
shotgun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered User
 
Renaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,055
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
I agree, and I think there should also be a limit for changing your final pick, to avoid "personal battles". For example:

player A has 100 points, 1 pick left
player B has 99 points, 1 pick left

player A: XX def. YY
player B: YY def. XX
then player A: replace XX def. YY by YY def. XX
and so on...

I think there should be a rule stating that once your final pick has been posted, it cannot be changed/cancelled/replaced, unless of course, it's an invalid pick.


That's what i thought too.
That would be a good solution.

~♠ Lisnardaire(s) ~
un pour un, un pour un

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline  
post #48 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
robuś's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,038
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frooty_Bazooty View Post
I dont think conditional picks should be allowed, they show really poor gamesmanship.

picks are meant to be written player A over player B - there shouldnt be a story after each one.
Everything what you're saying is true, but adding these rules will first of all: help to avoid "personal (pick changing) battles" just a moment before the beginning of the match, second of all: not everyone has the time to keep an eye on the opponents till the very last minute. The manager has to also check whether the "battle" wasn't still on at the beginning of the match and which last pick was valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
I agree, and I think there should also be a limit for changing your final pick, to avoid "personal battles". For example:

player A has 100 points, 1 pick left
player B has 99 points, 1 pick left

player A: XX def. YY
player B: YY def. XX
then player A: replace XX def. YY by YY def. XX
and so on...

I think there should be a rule stating that once your final pick has been posted, it cannot be changed/cancelled/replaced, unless of course, it's an invalid pick.
The idea is good, but the result may be pathetic. Awaiting till the last second, and later many problems involved with that, those who won't be able to keep an eye on oponents' picks - loose.
To sum up the subject - it shows that every person has a different opinion on that, so I'm starting to think I will vote against introducing any new rules related to that issue.
robuś is offline  
post #49 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
shotgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,570
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by robuś View Post
The idea is good, but the result may be pathetic. Awaiting till the last second, and later many problems involved with that, those who won't be able to keep an eye on oponents' picks - loose.
To sum up the subject - it shows that every person has a different opinion on that, so I'm starting to think I will vote against introducing any new rules related to that issue.
I still think it's better than leaving it the way it is. If the player wants to wait until the last second to post his final pick, it's up to him, and he will be aware of the risk he's running. This rule I proposed would make it much harder for posters to make conditional picks. And in my opinion, PAW is a game where you should make your decisions regardless of what your opponent picks.

Anyway, these are my 2 cents, the decision of course is up to you and the others.
shotgun is offline  
post #50 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,680
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by robuś View Post
It does say exactly the same in point 17.4. what you have just written in here.

You can do that only if you don't have any picks posted at the moment of the beginning of the 1st match (and further) of the tournament from which you want to withdraw.

(and further) - means you not only can't have any picks at the moment of the beginning of the first match of the tournament but in later matches as well.

It seems clear to me but if it isn't just tell me which part you don't understand.
No. It's not the same.
I mean that if a player post picks in a tournament in which he is commited to play (or asked for WC), he can't decide later to withdraw and play in another tournament.

According to your rule, a player is allowed to post picks at several tournaments simoultanousely, and later decide to withdraw from all but one of them, and as long as he makes his withdrawl before the start of the 1st match, it's OK. I want to avoid this situation.
A player should be responsible to know in which tournament he commited to play, and make sure before he post his first picks that he does it at the right tournament.
A player who post picks at a tournament confirms his intention to play in that tournament. There is no reason IMO that a player would switch tournaments after he posted picks.

PAW Results
Winner: 2006 - Acapulco, Portschach, 2005 - Marseille, Valencia, Bastad, Paris Bercy, 2004 - Kitzbuhel
Runner-up: 2005 - Doha, Estoril, 2004 - Indian Wells, Hamburg, Halle, Paris Bercy
Semifinal: 2004 - Houston, Casablanca, Nottingham, Stuttgart, Cincinnati
nitsansh is offline  
post #51 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,680
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

I think picks conditional to other players pick should not be allowed.

Conditional picks may be allowed on the same player's picks, provided that the conditional match was concluded before the match which it is linked to.
I mean this:

Pick 1: A over B
If A wins: Pick 2: C over D
or
Pick 1: A over B
Pick 2: C over D
If A wins, cancel pick 2.
or
Pick 1: A over B
Pick 2: C over D
If A wins, replace pick 2: E over F

Those conditions can be allowed only if match 2 started after match 1 ended.

PAW Results
Winner: 2006 - Acapulco, Portschach, 2005 - Marseille, Valencia, Bastad, Paris Bercy, 2004 - Kitzbuhel
Runner-up: 2005 - Doha, Estoril, 2004 - Indian Wells, Hamburg, Halle, Paris Bercy
Semifinal: 2004 - Houston, Casablanca, Nottingham, Stuttgart, Cincinnati
nitsansh is offline  
post #52 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
robuś's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,038
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsansh View Post
No. It's not the same.
I mean that if a player post picks in a tournament in which he is commited to play (or asked for WC), he can't decide later to withdraw and play in another tournament.

According to your rule, a player is allowed to post picks at several tournaments simoultanousely, and later decide to withdraw from all but one of them, and as long as he makes his withdrawl before the start of the 1st match, it's OK. I want to avoid this situation.
A player should be responsible to know in which tournament he commited to play, and make sure before he post his first picks that he does it at the right tournament.
A player who post picks at a tournament confirms his intention to play in that tournament. There is no reason IMO that a player would switch tournaments after he posted picks.
There is a rule in:
PAW Rules point 17. Remember you can play just one PAW game at a time. Even when more than one tournament is run simultaneously, and there are PAW games for each of them, you must commit to one tournament.

Firstly as you can see there is already a rule that forbids playing in more than one tournament at the same time, secondly in my rule there is nothing that says you can play in many tournaments simultaneously and what's more it clearly points out you can not have any pick posted if you want to withdraw.
robuś is offline  
post #53 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 01:17 PM
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,970
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

I'll manage Valencia soon, and i still don't know how do we pick points for each match. Example:

Match Federer-Querrey (3-38)
can that be how manager wants, or are there some rules about it? could Cervantes have make it (3-39) or so?
Thank you


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline  
post #54 of 183 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
robuś's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,038
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I'll manage Valencia soon, and i still don't know how do we pick points for each match. Example:
Look at post #208 and #212 (page 14-15) in managers thread.
robuś is offline  
post #55 of 183 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
robuś's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,038
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Added point 10.1.
robuś is offline  
post #56 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered User
 
bruzilio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 320
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

How is the scoring points at the end of a Grand Slam??

Sorry but i don't found this in any thread...
bruzilio is offline  
post #57 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
robuś's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,038
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzilio View Post
How is the scoring points at the end of a Grand Slam??
PAW Ranking Points?
PAW ATP Ranking Points

robuś is offline  
post #58 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Registered User
 
bruzilio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 320
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by robuś View Post
PAW Ranking Points?
PAW ATP Ranking Points


thankzzzzzzzzzz
bruzilio is offline  
post #59 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,392
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

what's the formula to calculate points? i can't find it in any place...
Caio_Brasil is offline  
post #60 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 05:40 AM
Registered User
 
maldini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Basel
Age: 28
Posts: 7,760
                     
Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiBrasil View Post
what's the formula to calculate points? i can't find it in any place...
have a look here: PAW ATP Managers Thread

TT:
Titles: 2011: Recife CH, Johannesburg CH, Mons CH, Geneva CH; 2010: Aachen CH, 2009: St. Remy CH, 2008 US Open
PAW:
Titles: Paris-Bercy 2013, Gstaad 2012, Zagreb 2011, Casablanca 2010, Basel 2008, Vienna 2007
2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist

Roger Federer Pete Sampras Tim Henman
maldini is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome