PAW ATP Managers Thread - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #556 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Registered User
 
-SaFiinsBabY-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,173
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>
I would like to run a PAW event It has to be later on the month , 'cause then I'll be able to do it!
It should be a nice experience
I've ran PTS and PYW
That's great

We are always happy about new managers =)
So ... you can decide yourself which tournament you would like to run - you only have to look if the tournament is "free"

-SaFiinsBabY- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #557 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered User
 
+alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 26
Posts: 14,125
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SaFiinsBabY-
That's great

We are always happy about new managers =)
So ... you can decide yourself which tournament you would like to run - you only have to look if the tournament is "free"

There's no free tourneys in this month
If someone doesn't have enough time I can help

Gaudio º Gonzalez, F º Massu º Murray º Thiem º Nalbandian º Nishikori º Wawrinka
+alonso is offline  
post #558 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Registered User
 
-SaFiinsBabY-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,173
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>
There's no free tourneys in this month
If someone doesn't have enough time I can help
That's also great

But if you like you can look for a tournament in march =)
-SaFiinsBabY- is offline  
post #559 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered User
 
robuś's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,038
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Tourneys for March-April:

Mar 06 Indian Wells (USA) >> robuś

Mar 20 Miami (USA)

Apr 10 Houston (USA)
Apr 10 Valencia (SPA)

Apr 17 Monte Carlo (MON)

Apr 24 Barcelona (SPA)
Apr 24 Casablanca (MOR)
robuś is offline  
post #560 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered User
 
-SaFiinsBabY-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,173
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Tourneys for March-April:

Mar 06 Indian Wells (USA) >> robuś

Mar 20 Miami (USA)

Apr 10 Houston (USA) -SaFiinsBabY-
Apr 10 Valencia (SPA)

Apr 17 Monte Carlo (MON)

Apr 24 Barcelona (SPA)
Apr 24 Casablanca (MOR)
-SaFiinsBabY- is offline  
post #561 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Registered User
 
robuś's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,038
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Sorry but I change my management from Indian Wells to Monte Carlo, it's my time zone.

Tourneys for March-April:

Mar 06 Indian Wells (USA)

Mar 20 Miami (USA)

Apr 10 Houston (USA) >> -SaFiinsBabY-
Apr 10 Valencia (SPA)

Apr 17 Monte Carlo (MON) >> robuś

Apr 24 Barcelona (SPA)
Apr 24 Casablanca (MOR)

Last edited by robuś; 02-11-2006 at 10:25 AM.
robuś is offline  
post #562 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Registered User
 
-SaFiinsBabY-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,173
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Oh ... you're right ... I completly forgot about that ... I'll change my tournament too ... sorry

Tourneys for March-April:

Mar 06 Indian Wells (USA)

Mar 20 Miami (USA)

Apr 10 Houston (USA) >>
Apr 10 Valencia (SPA)

Apr 17 Monte Carlo (MON) >> robuś

Apr 24 Barcelona (SPA) -SaFiinsBabY-
Apr 24 Casablanca (MOR)
-SaFiinsBabY- is offline  
post #563 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Registered User
 
kfh_9118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Melbourne
Age: 35
Posts: 1,689
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SaFiinsBabY-
Oh ... you're right ... I completly forgot about that ... I'll change my tournament too ... sorry

Tourneys for March-April:

Mar 06 Indian Wells (USA)

Mar 20 Miami (USA)

Apr 10 Houston (USA) >>
Apr 10 Valencia (SPA)

Apr 17 Monte Carlo (MON) >> robuś

Apr 24 Barcelona (SPA) -SaFiinsBabY-
Apr 24 Casablanca (MOR)
Houston for me please

Btw, I might not be able to do French Open because I might go on holiday during that period, and won't be back until probably the first day of French Open. I don't want to do everything in rush, hence I won't be able to manage the French Open.

Now, I will manage Wimbledon

NICOLAS

"K I W I"

K I E F E R


GOOD LUCK: Nicolas Kiefer- Tommy Robredo- Andy Roddick- Andre Agassi- Andrei Pavel- Juan Carlos Ferrero- Dominik Hrbaty- Mardy Fish
kfh_9118 is offline  
post #564 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Registered User
 
-SaFiinsBabY-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,173
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Tourneys for March-April:

Mar 06 Indian Wells (USA)

Mar 20 Miami (USA)

Apr 10 Houston (USA) >> kfh_9118
Apr 10 Valencia (SPA)

Apr 17 Monte Carlo (MON) >> robuś

Apr 24 Barcelona (SPA) -SaFiinsBabY-
Apr 24 Casablanca (MOR)



That's no problem @ Roland Garros ... let's see if I have time for it
-SaFiinsBabY- is offline  
post #565 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

If I manage alright with Buenos Aires. I could do the Valencia tournament, but I would love to do the Båstad event when the time comes around.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #566 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

A problem in the Buenos Aires tournament.

What happened was Hantuchov posted picks in the Buenos Aires tournament without a committment or asking for a WC.

Once I realised I had space left over for a WC, I decided to grant a WC, but since the 1st round was virtually over. I decided not to give the points for the picks that were already made before asking for a WC

As the rules say in the 1st page of every tournament.

Any pick posted without having a WC or early commitment is not valid.

This and also one of the posters didn't number their picks and I haven't counted them.

Just wondering whether these were the correct decisions.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #567 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Registered User
 
kfh_9118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Melbourne
Age: 35
Posts: 1,689
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
A problem in the Buenos Aires tournament.

What happened was Hantuchov posted picks in the Buenos Aires tournament without a committment or asking for a WC.

Once I realised I had space left over for a WC, I decided to grant a WC, but since the 1st round was virtually over. I decided not to give the points for the picks that were already made before asking for a WC

As the rules say in the 1st page of every tournament.

Any pick posted without having a WC or early commitment is not valid.

This and also one of the posters didn't number their picks and I haven't counted them.

Just wondering whether these were the correct decisions.
I might be wrong, please let other managers confirm it as well.

For Hantuchov, I think you did the right thing. He/she should ask for WC if want to play, otherwise the picks will be invalid. Now he/she has asked for the WC, he/she can start picking from PAW1 again. Usually if a player has made his/her pick without asking a WC or commit to the tournament, I would usually remind them to ask for a WC, hence won't create further problem.

As for the one who didn't number their picks, I believe the picks are still valid. We don't want to impose too many restricted rules that will reduce interest to the game. Hence, I think you should count the PAWs, and maybe remind him/her to put a number next time to ease your job as the manager. I am sure if you ask politely, they will obey the rule

NICOLAS

"K I W I"

K I E F E R


GOOD LUCK: Nicolas Kiefer- Tommy Robredo- Andy Roddick- Andre Agassi- Andrei Pavel- Juan Carlos Ferrero- Dominik Hrbaty- Mardy Fish
kfh_9118 is offline  
post #568 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Registered User
 
robuś's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,038
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118
I might be wrong, please let other managers confirm it as well.

For Hantuchov, I think you did the right thing. He/she should ask for WC if want to play, otherwise the picks will be invalid. Now he/she has asked for the WC, he/she can start picking from PAW1 again. Usually if a player has made his/her pick without asking a WC or commit to the tournament, I would usually remind them to ask for a WC, hence won't create further problem.

As for the one who didn't number their picks, I believe the picks are still valid. We don't want to impose too many restricted rules that will reduce interest to the game. Hence, I think you should count the PAWs, and maybe remind him/her to put a number next time to ease your job as the manager. I am sure if you ask politely, they will obey the rule
I agree 100%
robuś is offline  
post #569 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by robuś
I agree 100%
Done.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #570 of 1101 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,680
                     
Re: PAW ATP Managers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>
There's no free tourneys in this month
If someone doesn't have enough time I can help
I might not be able to manage Acapulco, so you can do me a favor and take it.

PAW Results
Winner: 2006 - Acapulco, Portschach, 2005 - Marseille, Valencia, Bastad, Paris Bercy, 2004 - Kitzbuhel
Runner-up: 2005 - Doha, Estoril, 2004 - Indian Wells, Hamburg, Halle, Paris Bercy
Semifinal: 2004 - Houston, Casablanca, Nottingham, Stuttgart, Cincinnati
nitsansh is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome