Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7
                     
Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Hi

I only come here now and again, but I have run a fan site for David the last seven years that was davidnalbandian.net and many of you were very kind enough to support the site and of course the forum over the years. Unfortunately the site and the forum collapsed at the end of 2008, due to several issues and factors that are too complex to go into here.

After a lot of reflection I have decided to relaunch the site under a new address, www.dotnalbandian.com . I would like to think that those who visited the dot net site will pay a visit maybe. At the moment the forum is closed but will be revived soon in a different format, as will the whole site in a new, more up to date design.

I am aware that the moderators of the dot net site are unhappy at how things closed and I guess I have some apologies to deliver, but I hope that we can talk that over in time . Bottom line is that I still think there's room for a fun, unofficial site for David.

John
john28 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 45
Posts: 36,083
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Personally, I don't care what happens to the unofficial site. Ever since being dumped not once, but twice, by you, I don't have any intention of ever signing up. So, if you need anything, talk to someone else.

Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.
sigmagirl91 is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 56
Posts: 16
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Hi John,

liked your site a lot and I'm glad it's not gone forever. Looking forward to the new one.
L÷wenherz is offline  
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Registered User
 
Viken01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 29
Posts: 2,326
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
Personally, I don't care what happens to the unofficial site. Ever since being dumped not once, but twice, by you, I don't have any intention of ever signing up. So, if you need anything, talk to someone else.
What is the deal with him ?

VAMOS DAVID AND COME ON ANDRE AND ALLEZ JO !!
Viken01 is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 45
Posts: 36,083
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
What is the deal with him ?

It's a long story, but I'm going to summarize by saying that it's awfully damned suspicious of him coming over here to announce news of a new unofficial site AFTER David wins a tournament. He closed the last version when ARG lost the DC, and David got into all kinds of hot water about the events surrounding it. I don't know why he even bothers.

Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.
sigmagirl91 is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 102
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Nice site, what program did you use to make it?

My tennis website: http://giveabagel.co.nr
Jackie Stephens is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
What is the deal with him ?
There is no "deal", thank you. And nobody was "dumped", sadly some people just thought they were bigger than David and the site.
john28 is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
It's a long story, but I'm going to summarize by saying that it's awfully damned suspicious of him coming over here to announce news of a new unofficial site AFTER David wins a tournament. He closed the last version when ARG lost the DC, and David got into all kinds of hot water about the events surrounding it. I don't know why he even bothers.
You really don't make yourself look very good do you? Classy lady.
john28 is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 45
Posts: 36,083
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by john28 View Post
There is no "deal", thank you. And nobody was "dumped", sadly some people just thought they were bigger than David and the site.
Is that what you think? Really?

Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.
sigmagirl91 is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 102
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
Is that what you think? Really?
I don't even know what you guys are saying but still it's a nice site. Mine is pretty good to.

My tennis website: http://giveabagel.co.nr
Jackie Stephens is offline  
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 45
Posts: 36,083
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by john28 View Post
You really don't make yourself look very good do you? Classy lady.
Great gentleman you are too....really great.

Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.
sigmagirl91 is offline  
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Registered User
 
Viken01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 29
Posts: 2,326
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
It's a long story, but I'm going to summarize by saying that it's awfully damned suspicious of him coming over here to announce news of a new unofficial site AFTER David wins a tournament. He closed the last version when ARG lost the DC, and David got into all kinds of hot water about the events surrounding it. I don't know why he even bothers.
okay I don't know the whole story so I won't give my opinion. My point was just to know what happened, because I kind of liked the old website since it's because of it I'm here

VAMOS DAVID AND COME ON ANDRE AND ALLEZ JO !!
Viken01 is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11
 
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by john28 View Post
Hi

I only come here now and again, but I have run a fan site for David the last seven years that was davidnalbandian.net and many of you were very kind enough to support the site and of course the forum over the years. Unfortunately the site and the forum collapsed at the end of 2008, due to several issues and factors that are too complex to go into here.

After a lot of reflection I have decided to relaunch the site under a new address, www.dotnalbandian.com . I would like to think that those who visited the dot net site will pay a visit maybe. At the moment the forum is closed but will be revived soon in a different format, as will the whole site in a new, more up to date design.

I am aware that the moderators of the dot net site are unhappy at how things closed and I guess I have some apologies to deliver, but I hope that we can talk that over in time .
Bottom line is that I still think there's room for a fun, unofficial site for David.

John
So when do the apologies begin? So far, I see none.

I never post here - as you can plainly see - but you know who I am, John. As a former moderator, I would have hoped that any apologies or talking things over would have been extended via an email inbox rather than posted on a public forum. Since that did not happen, I have a couple of points to make.

1. You know as well as I do that sigmagirl did not consider herself bigger than David nor your fan site. And yes, we were "dumped," so please don't say that we weren't.

2. It's bad enough the forum was stripped from us and the rest of the fans on .net. Now we're supposed to accept with open arms a new version of the site? Why? Is it because David won Sydney? The timing is a bit strange, John. Really.

3. How would we ever go on in a new venture with you when you drudge up the past yet again here, appearing to still harbor ill feelings?


Just when I thought I had gotten over the shock of the circumstances surrounding the closure of .net, this happens.

"If moderation is a fault, then indifference is a crime." Jack Kerouac
Andra85 is offline  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
 
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

I had been supporting the dot net site as a plain user until I was dumped myself, without any warning or notification. If one of the mods dumped me, then she deserved her own dumping. However, I'm guessing John did the dumping.

If there are any David fans here who are looking for a serious (non-dumping) venue for friendly discussion about David's career, then you might like to visit this blog (and leave a comment): Vamos David
ozarizona is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 45
Posts: 36,083
                     
Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarizona View Post
I had been supporting the dot net site as a plain user until I was dumped myself, without any warning or notification. If one of the mods dumped me, then she deserved her own dumping. However, I'm guessing John did the dumping.

If there are any David fans here who are looking for a serious (non-dumping) venue for friendly discussion about David's career, then you might like to visit this blog (and leave a comment): Vamos David
I don't know what happened, and I'm sorry that it happened to you. Toward the end, the mods did not have power to dump, ban, or discipline anyone. Don't know why; don't care why. Like Andra said, the timing is a bit strange to launch a reloaded version. You're either a fan or not; shutting down a website for something as impulsive as a negative result is not called loyalty. Further, banning your moderators for no reason other than power-tripping is just wrong. It's called selfishness and I want no parts of it. If John wants to call me "disgruntled" or whatever, he can do so to his heart's content-whatever makes him sleep at night.

Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.

Last edited by sigmagirl91; 01-20-2009 at 02:02 AM.
sigmagirl91 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome