The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here - Page 49 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #721 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered User
 
HeretiC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: No clue, sextant anyone?
Posts: 6,652
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

You guys are not gathering here when Dave is playing?
HeretiC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,367
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
You guys are not gathering here when Dave is playing?
We usually post our in-match comments in the tournament thread.
krystlel is offline  
post #723 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered User
 
HeretiC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: No clue, sextant anyone?
Posts: 6,652
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
We usually post our in-match comments in the tournament thread.
Didn't know that. Well, moving there then.
HeretiC is offline  
post #724 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered User
 
LeChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,081
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

I hope everyone's exams have gone well. I finished mine just under 2 weeks ago (I had to take a 4 week break from this board as it is a major distaction ) I spent most of last week celebrating and giving my liver a pounding. I'm glad that they are over and I get the results next Wednesday.
LeChuck is offline  
post #725 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Registered User
 
justClaudia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: at the nearest fashion week.
Posts: 15,622
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
I hope everyone's exams have gone well. I finished mine just under 2 weeks ago (I had to take a 4 week break from this board as it is a major distaction ) I spent most of last week celebrating and giving my liver a pounding. I'm glad that they are over and I get the results next Wednesday.
welcome back, you were missed.

& I'm sure you'll get the results you need & want.
justClaudia is offline  
post #726 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered User
 
LeChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,081
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
welcome back, you were missed.

& I'm sure you'll get the results you need & want.
Thanks for the welcome and also the rep . The exams went OK so I'm not really worried too much about the results (although I don't wish to sound over-confident).
I'm probably going to go to Wimbledon next week so hopefully I'll get to see David again like I did last year.
LeChuck is offline  
post #727 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered User
 
novanora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gigantes de Valdes
Posts: 5,773
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
I hope everyone's exams have gone well. I finished mine just under 2 weeks ago (I had to take a 4 week break from this board as it is a major distaction ) I spent most of last week celebrating and giving my liver a pounding. I'm glad that they are over and I get the results next Wednesday.
any vacation plan after the exams? I usually would do some trips after a long period of exams I know the feeling just after finishing all the exams want to throw all the study books away, and never let them bother me at least two weeks.

David did some good matches in Queen's though he was bageled in the SF. Maybe you can download some of them to catch on. I saw his matches against Troicki and Gasquest can be downloaded from T3 website.
novanora is offline  
post #728 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered User
 
novanora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gigantes de Valdes
Posts: 5,773
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Thanks for the welcome and also the rep . The exams went OK so I'm not really worried too much about the results (although I don't wish to sound over-confident).
I'm probably going to go to Wimbledon next week so hopefully I'll get to see David again like I did last year.
Wimbledon?! Wow..... that's really great reward after long-time exam, and now you can enjoy some good live tennis. Gooner will go to Wimbledon as well, maybe you two can meet each other during David's match.
novanora is offline  
post #729 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered User
 
LeChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,081
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora View Post
any vacation plan after the exams? I usually would do some trips after a long period of exams I know the feeling just after finishing all the exams want to throw all the study books away, and never let them bother me at least two weeks.

David did some good matches in Queen's though he was bageled in the SF. Maybe you can download some of them to catch on. I saw his matches against Troicki and Gasquest can be downloaded from T3 website.
I spent a week in Belfast/Northern Ireland last week which was nice.
I wish I could throw my books away, but I'll need them for next year. Yes I heard this match against Gasquet was a thriller, and all in all he did well to win 3 matches and reach the last 4 at Queen's. He doesn't have good memories at Halle with 2 1st round defeats and a major tantrum in 2005, so I'm not surprised that he wanted a change this year. Thanks for the info about the T3 site
LeChuck is offline  
post #730 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Registered User
 
LeChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,081
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora View Post
Wimbledon?! Wow..... that's really great reward after long-time exam, and now you can enjoy some good live tennis. Gooner will go to Wimbledon as well, maybe you two can meet each other during David's match.
Yes I'm very lucky that I study in London. I've been to the US Open as well but I preferred Wimbledon to it. The only thing I don't like is that you get an awful lot of fans at Wimbledon who go there only for the experience, and aren't bothered about the tennis. Last year this guy behind me made fun of me for constantly turning my head from side to side when I was watching a match . I'll be in the early morning queue on next Thursday definately, and maybe Monday or Tuesday as well depending on which half of the draw David is in.
The Masters Cup will be held very close to where I live from 2009-2012. I don't agree with a city that already has a grand slam getting to host the TMC as well, but I'm still going to try and get tickets for that next year.
LeChuck is offline  
post #731 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered User
 
justClaudia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: at the nearest fashion week.
Posts: 15,622
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Queens wasn't so bad, i don't think. I mean, his semi final's result was horrible yes, but still, he managed to get there, so - not bad really. RG on the other hand ..god.

everybody is going to Wimbledon
justClaudia is offline  
post #732 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Registered User
 
LeChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,081
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

From Wimbledon 2002-RG 2006, David was consistently reaching the latter stages of a grand slams. But since then he was well truly sucked at the main events and can't reach the 2nd week to save his life.
LeChuck is offline  
post #733 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Registered User
 
Viken01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 28
Posts: 2,326
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
The Masters Cup will be held very close to where I live from 2009-2012. I don't agree with a city that already has a grand slam getting to host the TMC as well, but I'm still going to try and get tickets for that next year.
Yeah LeChuck but look, Paris has a GS and a TMS so we could discuss about it too...

Anyway I don't have anything planned of course but I'm really looking forward to the Master Cup in 2009, with the Eurostar from France I'm sure I could go there easily

Also I wish your exams went well ! Personally I had my oral report two days ago about my internship that just finished. It was a pain to write the report making the oral presentation was easy though -just a little stressed-. And Yesterday I took an exam at an engineering school, not the one I want to go to but you have to watch your back and have a spare wheel

VAMOS DAVID AND COME ON ANDRE AND ALLEZ JO !!
Viken01 is offline  
post #734 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered User
 
justClaudia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: at the nearest fashion week.
Posts: 15,622
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
Yeah LeChuck but look, Paris has a GS and a TMS so we could discuss about it too...

Anyway I don't have anything planned of course but I'm really looking forward to the Master Cup in 2009, with the Eurostar from France I'm sure I could go there easily

Also I wish your exams went well ! Personally I had my oral report two days ago about my internship that just finished. It was a pain to write the report making the oral presentation was easy though -just a little stressed-. And Yesterday I took an exam at an engineering school, not the one I want to go to but you have to watch your back and have a spare wheel

Yeah, me too. i really want to be there next year.
Ryanair is my best friend lately. flying to Barcelona for 10 euros is like, a dream come true.
justClaudia is offline  
post #735 of 845 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Registered User
 
LeChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,081
                     
Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
Yeah LeChuck but look, Paris has a GS and a TMS so we could discuss about it too...
Well I've never really agreed with that as well. I just think that with tennis being a global sport, the big events should be spread out more. I haven't read any of the recent articles about the Hamburg court case, but if that event is to be downgraded as I think it will be, I personally think that Bercy should be replaced with a German indoor TMS (of that course that isn't going to happen but I would like it to).
Quote:
Anyway I don't have anything planned of course but I'm really looking forward to the Master Cup in 2009, with the Eurostar from France I'm sure I could go there easily
You should definately come over and it would be pretty cheap to do.
Quote:
Also I wish your exams went well ! Personally I had my oral report two days ago about my internship that just finished. It was a pain to write the report making the oral presentation was easy though -just a little stressed-. And Yesterday I took an exam at an engineering school, not the one I want to go to but you have to watch your back and have a spare wheel
Thanks .
I'm glad to hear that your oral presentation went well and it's good that you have got the report out the way. I hope your enjoyed your internship. It was definately a sensible move to take that exam yesterday and to have a back-up option. Good luck with it all.
LeChuck is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome