Mens Tennis Forums banner

THE HAMBURG THREAD SF: Delbonis def Federer 7-6(6) 7-6(4)

21K views 608 replies 31 participants last post by  barbadosan 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess everybody's still disappointed from the big loss at Wimbly, and with the end of our beloved QF streak, and that's why no one's opened this thread yet. So I just kind of snuck in with my hopelessly crabby brand of wit in the title!:rolleyes:

Anyways, as they say - the show must go on!:devil:

So here's wishing Roger a new streak of Hamburgers and Frankfurters to keep him healthy for the second half of the season!:D

A new beginning: 2nd rd is with either Lorenzi or Brands.

#4 ·
Re: Hamburgers and Frankfurters for Roger: THE HAMBURG THREAD!

...I thought Walto was going to open the thread.
I mean, I was going to ask for opening it and I didn't because of that.

Oh well.... Grab the 2nd of the year. :yeah:

#6 ·

...I thought Walto was going to open the thread.
I mean, I was going to ask for opening it and I didn't because of that.

Oh well.... Grab the 2nd of the year. :yeah:
Damn , i guess i got on just a tad too late lol ,
It's alright though i'll start either rogers cup or cincy unless someone else want's it i'm not fussed.

#7 ·

Just had a look at Roger's draw .
Brands and Gulbis potential round 2 and and 3 opponents could be dangers but both have been inconsistent lately .
Quarter Finals could be maybe the Dog who Roger matches up with or a possible Feliciano Lopez who's been in good form of lately.
Semi : The only big threat i'd see would be Jerzy , the kid is getting better as he goes on,of course any player could beat Roger but Jerzy is the biggest threat on Rogers side of the draw.
The other side is pretty opened , Haas and Monaco are the top seeds in that side but i wouldn't be surprised if someone besides them two made the final.
That could be Rogers lineup but i'm going to start just focusing one match at a time so we'll start with either Lorenzi or Brands , if Lorenzi get's through i can't see him beating Roger and if Brands does and his big game is consistent , he'll be tough for Roger if his inconsistent Roger will have a field day .

#16 ·

ok ok Roger the Dodger - hamburgers and frankfurters <groan> :worship: :D
Danke! :D

thanks RTD, so Roger has not even arrived yet and his first match will probably be Wed?? Is that right?
:cheerleader:
They don't have it on the site yet, but I'm guessing Wednesday. But I'm sure Eden will tell us soon :D

on the chat thread, but Walto hope you can start the one for Roger's cup? :)
Damn , i guess i got on just a tad too late lol ,
It's alright though i'll start either rogers cup or cincy unless someone else want's it i'm not fussed.
Thanks mate! I won't touch it - promise!:cool:

He said it in the chat thread that he was waiting for the draw to come.
He lives in Australia you know?

He was probably sleeping when you decided not-to-read the chat thread, that you consider "rabbit escaping".
Stop scolding me! :bigcry:

After all, it also happens to be my first thread of the year, and knowing what an "Investitard" I am, maybe this would be my 2nd winning thread in 5 attempts! Baamoss! :devil:

#17 ·

Thanks for starting the thread RTG :yeah:

There are hopefully many more tournaments to come this season to open for those who volunteer.

We always look for people who want to start the threads :)

Very tricky draw for Roger.
Brands nearly got a 2:0 lead on clay against Rafa at RG and Roger never played against him so far.

Gulbis already beat Roger once on clay in one of the 3 matches they played against each other in 2010. Strangely all their matches took place during that season.

He is dangerous when his game is on.

But let's take round by round, especially at this stage of Roger's career.

I'm leaving to Hamburg tomorrow morning.

I'm really excited to see Roger back on court live that soon after Halle :bounce:

#20 ·

Thanks for starting the thread RTG :yeah:

There are hopefully many more tournaments to come this season to open for those who volunteer.

We always look for people who want to start the threads :)

Very tricky draw for Roger.
Brands nearly got a 2:0 lead on clay against Rafa at RG and Roger never played against him so far.

Gulbis already beat Roger once on clay in one of the 3 matches they played against each other in 2010. Strangely all their matches took place during that season.

He is dangerous when his game is on.

But let's take round by round, especially at this stage of Roger's career.

I'm leaving to Hamburg tomorrow morning.

I'm really excited to see Roger back on court live that soon after Halle :bounce:

OMG you are so lucky man

I wish I could see Roger live too :(

#22 ·

It should be a black paint job free prototype.
It's interesting haw the head size is and if there are other changes.
I can't see if it's boxed but surely it doesn't have the power pads. So this makes me think the head size is bigger.

#23 · (Edited)

Federer's opponent in R2 will be Daniel Brands, he beat Lorenzi 7-5, 6-3. This is the first time the two will meet.

He's played the world #58 eight times (different players each time) with a 7-1 record. The loss was back in 2002.

#25 ·

Federer's opponent in R2 will be Daniel Brands, he beat Lorenzi 7-5, 6-3. This is the first time the two will meet.

He's played the world #58 eight times (different players each time) with a 7-1 record. The loss was back in 2002.
That's a pretty weird and whacky stat! How did you find that one?

#28 ·

Daniel Brands can be tricky for a 1st round especially in these days.
Let's hope Roger finds his best feelings

#35 ·

This is my ultimate and maybe last chance to see Federer live (und hautnah)! I have a ticket for the semis :) It's not gonna be easy with Brands, Gulbis and LaLo/Dolgo.
Also would be terrific to see his old veteran buddy Tommy on saturday.
True that they both avoided real threats from the remaining quarters. But still a hard work to make the semis for both.

Eden, maybe we could meet then quick in Hamburg? Anybody else going on Saturday?

#36 ·

Roger looking well wrapped-up in those photos today - since we're sweltering in 30+ degrees here, the difference is a bit noticeable. Hope it's not an indication of anything bad. I see temperatures are rather more reasonable in Hamburg at the mo'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.